Author Topic: [IC] Infinikey Marshmallow| PROTOS | GB LIVE  (Read 43935 times)

Offline PRJKT_

Re: [IC] Infinikey Marshmallow| PROTOS | GB LIVE
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 19:32:03 »
Will it even be possible to get another prototype in prior to the end of GB or extending the GB for that matter?

Kinda unsure whether I want to jump on it now with how orange the current mods are since i'm not really sure what colour the end product will actually be compared to the renders.

Nope, it won't be possible as TK.C GB's are 2 weeks compared to the others which are 1 month.

Apologies, I hadn’t read the message above (my old message was expressing concern over the colour). I have lost trust in the GB colour matching to the renders, so I’d need to see samples of the new mods before buying. I don’t say this flippantly, I really love the set as imagined, and I have planned a really unique build around it. Could this GB be delayed?

Also, it looks like the colour of the alphas also needs to be redone, as it’s the same colour issue as with the mods.

Sadly, It's not possible to delay the GB, I'll copy and paste what I have said in reply to a user on reddit.

"I asked if I could delay the GB because I wanted to have the prototype in my hands before the GB so I can make a decision. The prototype didn't get to me in time so they gave me a 1-week delay and still have not received the prototype to this day, but I just got an update from the post finally and will have them by Tuesday. I wish I could have gotten more but I respect TK.C's decision as this was planned months before and delaying a GB will affect TK.C's entire schedule. But, they did offer me to delay the fulfillment to get more time to color match the desired color."

As for the Alphas, I do see where y'all are coming from, I could also see the orange on my screen but I do also see the brown-ish color that I picked and wanted. I will have a definitive answer once I see the prototypes IRL.

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 19:34:48 »
This is a super cozy and pleasant-feeling set. Good work. GLWIC!

Offline Vaudevi77ain

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 10 January 2021, 03:00:47 »
This is tough, I really like this set and was considering it for a build but agree with everyone on the orange hue (loved the original creamy pink/brown tones). Thanks for letting us know about steps being taken to correct, will we have a chance to see some kind of update before the GB period ends?

Offline C00kleS

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 10 January 2021, 10:22:14 »
So I am very confused if we order are we getting the prototype color way you received and have updated renders of or are you making adjustments to the color to closer match the original renders and we just won't know for sure what it will look like?

Offline fojoke8

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 10 January 2021, 11:21:32 »
deleted
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 January 2021, 11:23:59 by fojoke8 »

Offline infu

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 10 January 2021, 13:42:00 »
So I am very confused if we order are we getting the prototype color way you received and have updated renders of or are you making adjustments to the color to closer match the original renders and we just won't know for sure what it will look like?

Seems like they're gonna try and match it back to what the original renders looked like. I agree there is some concern here though - since inevitably there will be some people who saw the GB for the first time without knowing what the original IC renders looked like, they may have been drawn to the more orange-ish colorway based on the images and bought the set based on that. It doesn't seem fair for them if the colors changed after they've bought into the GB. As much as anyone on this thread I'd like to see the color changed to match the lighter shade we saw before, but at the same time I don't think it sets a good precedence for future GBs if we start changing colors around after the GB has ended...

Offline Shoe17

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 10 January 2021, 14:28:16 »

Seems like they're gonna try and match it back to what the original renders looked like. I agree there is some concern here though - since inevitably there will be some people who saw the GB for the first time without knowing what the original IC renders looked like, they may have been drawn to the more orange-ish colorway based on the images and bought the set based on that. It doesn't seem fair for them if the colors changed after they've bought into the GB. As much as anyone on this thread I'd like to see the color changed to match the lighter shade we saw before, but at the same time I don't think it sets a good precedence for future GBs if we start changing colors around after the GB has ended...

I don't see how correcting colors after the GB is a problem. I would argue the majority of people that will buy this set are people that have been following it for a longer period of time than just browsing the website and seeing the renders and not being a part of the community that has been posting constant updates. I would much rather prefer a designer who color corrects upon seeing something a color they don't like and that doesn't match their vision, rather than running with a set a large majority of people who've been following the set have followed due to the color that is not represented by the prototype. All in all, consider it a win that a prototype was even given before the GB went live as that doesn't happen with most GB sets, so it offers a chance to color correct rather than running with colors people aren't expecting (things like IFK Port and GMK Nautilus Nightmares come to mind)

Offline PRJKT_

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 10 January 2021, 14:58:55 »
This is tough, I really like this set and was considering it for a build but agree with everyone on the orange hue (loved the original creamy pink/brown tones). Thanks for letting us know about steps being taken to correct, will we have a chance to see some kind of update before the GB period ends?

No problem, unfortunately since the GB is only 2 weeks most likely no. The best-case scenario is just waiting to see how to color would go and if you like how it turns out, you can try to snag extras.

I am making adjustments and are working with TK.C to match the original renders.

Yup, It's a pretty tricky situation, I am trying my best to send out an update regarding the colors of the modifiers.

Offline Vaudevi77ain

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 03:10:27 »
Any word on when the artisan will be revealed?

Offline ChaosAirlines

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 03:34:13 »
I actually LOVE that they came out more orange! It makes me love this set that much more, is this for sure how they will look?  Cuz if so, I'm hopping on them now!

Edit: I see it may be changed back to proper colors, but may I suggest as an alternative: Running this version as a separate, parallel run group buy?  Is that feasable for the vendors?

I just love the brown and orange so.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 January 2021, 03:41:27 by ChaosAirlines »

Offline PRJKT_

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 12 January 2021, 16:19:02 »
Any word on when the artisan will be revealed?

Should be revealed this week or the last week of the GB!

I actually LOVE that they came out more orange! It makes me love this set that much more, is this for sure how they will look?  Cuz if so, I'm hopping on them now!

Edit: I see it may be changed back to proper colors, but may I suggest as an alternative: Running this version as a separate, parallel run group buy?  Is that feasable for the vendors?

I just love the brown and orange so.

Unfortunately, I don't think it would be that feasible :(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE

1/12/21
Added Target Color modifier color.

Changed the Kits to the CURRENT color of the prototype

Change the Pantone from 474u to 475u to get the target color of the modifier.

I also have the GB thread up and just waiting for mods to approve.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 January 2021, 16:30:52 by PRJKT_ »

Offline mainmorbix

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 05:54:22 »
Any updates on whether the final product comes with the orange-y color than a light orange tone?

Offline Shoe17

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 02:23:42 »
Any updates on whether the final product comes with the orange-y color than a light orange tone?

I'd refer to the latest update of the post that's right above yours. As it's been stated, and it should be clear by now that the intended color is NOT intended to be an orangey color. As such the color has been changed to Pantone 475 u. As has been mentioned by OP, the prototype isn't too far off from what he intended thus the slight change in color. For easier communication and faster updates I'd recommend joining his discord server, but all this information has been said in his GH updates as well.

Offline fusion333

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 23 January 2021, 16:14:33 »
I was able to purchase this after the GB was supposed to end. Will I still get it?