Author Topic: [IC] ePBT Origami | GB LIVE  (Read 82846 times)

Offline Convergence

Re: [IC] ePBT Origami | Pricing Announced! | GB in 10 Days
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 05:00:30 »
I really love how warm the colours are in this set, can't wait for the GB!

Offline Nukz

• ig: nukzak
« Reply #151 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 13:41:14 »

I’m looking at the base set, and it seems to be missing an R2 home button. This is mandatory, and I won’t even consider such a large base set with so many keys if it is missing R2 home. It also strangely seems to have 2x R3 pgUp and 2x R2 pgDn. Is this a mistake
resolved

Offline Nukz

« Reply #152 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 13:44:11 »
I still wish the novelties were reworked.

They do feel pretty lazy, I understand they were bought directly and not designed by yourself.
But at least reworking them with the same line thickness seems like the minimum to do.

Granted I have very little knowledge in Origami, but I still find the ones you choose to be very odd choices, besides a few.

I support the idea of having 2 novelties kit.
This could be an animal novelties kit, but as some people (and I also early in the IC) pointed out there are many more shapes and concepts in Origami than animals.
I would have really like to see a kit with things like Origami flowers, geometrical shapes etc.
working at the lines thickness atm, coming soon

Offline Nukz

« Reply #153 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 13:58:01 »
Any word on the missing keys in the Modern kit yet? :)
modern kit updated!

Offline azzipa

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 19:49:11 »
Any word on the missing keys in the Modern kit yet? :)
modern kit updated!

ok, bottom row now has two 1.5u diamonds (even though diamonds suck) but even with base there is only one 1u alt. i’ve looked at this set for weeks trying to talk myself into it. i love pbt and i love the colors. but the kitting is scuffed. so i will again fade into the background. glwgb!

Offline tr0oper

« Reply #155 on: Sat, 15 May 2021, 06:00:30 »

I’m looking at the base set, and it seems to be missing an R2 home button. This is mandatory, and I won’t even consider such a large base set with so many keys if it is missing R2 home. It also strangely seems to have 2x R3 pgUp and 2x R2 pgDn. Is this a mistake
resolved

The R2 home button is still missing. If this is fixed, I will be picking up this set.

Good job resolving issue with pgUp pgDn

Offline dvdrl

« Reply #156 on: Sat, 15 May 2021, 12:32:02 »
Not sure whether the kit renders haven’t been updated yet, but the International kit is still missing a “, ;” key. It’s necessary to complete  German layout support.

I am going to repeat it: the international kit as pictured is flawed.

I only managed to find one layouts using a “; :” key on R1: Brazilian.
Many other layouts require a “, ;” key on R1 that this kit is still missing. Specifically ones that otherwise seem to be supported by the set: German, Swedish, Danish, Norway, maybe more.

Please fix this.

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #157 on: Sat, 15 May 2021, 14:18:48 »

resolved

The R2 home button is still missing. If this is fixed, I will be picking up this set.

Good job resolving issue with pgUp pgDn

Why is R2 home “mandatory”

There’s plenty of physical coverage for a 65% macro column and delete pg up, pg down, fn is more common
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 May 2021, 14:25:56 by TyPo.mk »

Offline tsakuyo

« Reply #158 on: Sat, 15 May 2021, 14:45:34 »

Many other layouts require a “, ;” key on R1 that this kit is still missing. Specifically ones that otherwise seem to be supported by the set: German, Swedish, Danish, Norway, maybe more.

Please fix this.

I agree, this needs to be fixed. Just looked down on my keyboard and there is a ", ;" key. Thanks for pointing this out.

Offline tr0oper

« Reply #159 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 08:40:58 »

There’s plenty of physical coverage for a 65% macro column and delete pg up, pg down, fn is more common
I have a Keychron K2, it’s a 75%. It’s navigation column is R4 pgUp, R3 pgDn, R2 home, R1 end. (Note that the renders for this set have numbered the rows bottom to top, which I this is not the norm. Using the standard numbering, its a R3 home, but I’ll stick to using the row numbers as rendered.

In terms of it being mandatory, what I intended to convey was that it must have a 1u R2 home button in order for me to consider buying it.

I do acknowledge that having a home key on the same row as the ANSI enter key seems to not really be a thing. None of the other sets seems to have it either.

Perhaps what I would like to see is a move by set designers towards supporting the Keychron K2 boards, which would only require the addition of a R2 home key.

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #160 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 12:30:10 »

I have a Keychron K2, it’s a 75%. It’s navigation column is R4 pgUp, R3 pgDn, R2 home, R1 end. (Note that the renders for this set have numbered the rows bottom to top, which I this is not the norm. Using the standard numbering, its a R3 home, but I’ll stick to using the row numbers as rendered.

In terms of it being mandatory, what I intended to convey was that it must have a 1u R2 home button in order for me to consider buying it.

I do acknowledge that having a home key on the same row as the ANSI enter key seems to not really be a thing. None of the other sets seems to have it either.

Perhaps what I would like to see is a move by set designers towards supporting the Keychron K2 boards, which would only require the addition of a R2 home key.

Ah gotcha, fwiw if you really want this keycap set (or many others) it would still physically cover your board, some of your legends on that macro column might just be off. It’s not ideal but you might have to get used it unless that layout becomes super popular. Also the bottom to top row numbering is how epbt officially numbers rows which explains why they’re in that direction if you are used to GMK kitting. Keyreative (kat/kam) also numbers rows this way iirc.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 May 2021, 14:16:05 by TyPo.mk »

Offline Nukz

« Reply #161 on: Sun, 16 May 2021, 13:01:42 »

Ah gotcha, fwiw if you really want this keycap set (or many others) it would still physically cover your board, some of your legends on that macro column might just be off. It’s not idea but you might have to get used it unless that layout becomes super popular. Also the bottom to top row numbering is how epbt officially numbers rows which explains why they’re in that direction if you are used to GMK kitting. Keyreative (kat/kam) also numbers rows this way iirc.
^

Offline tr0oper

« Reply #162 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 06:38:21 »

Ah gotcha, fwiw if you really want this keycap set (or many others) it would still physically cover your board, some of your legends on that macro column might just be off. It’s not ideal but you might have to get used it unless that layout becomes super popular. Also the bottom to top row numbering is how epbt officially numbers rows which explains why they’re in that direction if you are used to GMK kitting. Keyreative (kat/kam) also numbers rows this way iirc.

Thank you for that info about the different numbering between GMK and ePbt, I’ll watch for that detail from now on.

In this kit the possible keys I could use to cover it are only the homing F and J, the \ |, pgUp and PgDn. That’s it. As you say, not ideal. My hope would be a 1u novelty, but that doesn’t seem to be a thing either.

Offline Nukz

« Reply #163 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 07:33:42 »

Thank you for that info about the different numbering between GMK and ePbt, I’ll watch for that detail from now on.

In this kit the possible keys I could use to cover it are only the homing F and J, the \ |, pgUp and PgDn. That’s it. As you say, not ideal. My hope would be a 1u novelty, but that doesn’t seem to be a thing either.
here ya go, r2 1u novelty

Offline Nukz

« Reply #164 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 12:13:13 »
Not sure whether the kit renders haven’t been updated yet, but the International kit is still missing a “, ;” key. It’s necessary to complete  German layout support.

Please fix this.

Offline Nukz

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 12:14:35 »
It also strangely seems to have 2x R3 pgUp and 2x R2 pgDn. Is this a mistake?

Good find. Can we get confirmation that this will be fixed for the GB?
fixed!

Offline dvdrl

Re: [IC] ePBT Origami | New Novelty Kit | GB Page Live
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 15:09:24 »
Awesome, thanks for fixing this last minute!

Offline MrBIGEURO

Re: [IC] ePBT Origami | GB LIVE
« Reply #167 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 10:23:56 »
Deskhero doesn't have Origami live?

Offline Reebes

« Reply #168 on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 06:45:14 »
This is so nice how did I miss the ic

Offline Poi75%

« Reply #169 on: Thu, 27 May 2021, 01:57:36 »
Could you tell the color codes please?

Offline Bonobo

« Reply #170 on: Sun, 27 June 2021, 11:21:08 »
I feel the vibe, great!

Offline wolfez4444

« Reply #171 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 12:22:27 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 August 2021, 11:15:25 by wolfez4444 »

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #172 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 12:59:41 »
Looks good

Why did you bump this? The group buy for this was closed last month. Dumbass.

Offline FamilyJoule924

« Reply #173 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 16:04:08 »
would've supported this 100% if there was a hiragana mono option

Offline goju2506

• Instagram @goju.works
    • My Instagram
« Reply #174 on: Mon, 16 October 2023, 02:10:36 »
hey man, this looks like out of nowhere but i was wondering if you can rerun this set with keykobo, i would love these in good abs