Author Topic: [IC] GMK Fitness Studio : GB LIVE 24th July - 24th August  (Read 49356 times)

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
Re: [IC] GMK Fitness Studio : The GYM set!
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 04:21:32 »
Kettle bell novelty.... dumbbell novelty.....BUT NO BARBELL NOVELTY?!? 
Salad novelty.... BUT NO PROTEIN SHAKE?!?!
No syringes for the guys like The Rock, and Stalone? How are they suppose to tren hard?

Bra.... I hate to do it.... but....

Do. You. Even.

(Where's that guy with the cringey shirtless pic as an avatar? He would love this...)

Oh, and kidding aside, (except for the barbell... that's real talk...) great job man, good luck with the IC.

Lol. I laughed so hard!!
Thanks for the comments.

I did try to put a barbell in the ansi enter but that did not work. Currently I am waiting for cool feedback like yours to add something more.
Possible adding some in a 1.25u or 1.5 u.

Protein shakes are also a nice idea tbh :) Lets see.

If you havenot filled the IC please leave some feedback. We will be implementing as much as possible!!

Again, thanks for the love! Really appreciate it!

For a protein shake novelty- i was thinking those "shaker" bottles you see everywhere at the gym. Though I guess the water bottle novelty is all ready close enough. Those shaker bottles do have a pretty distinct look.

Or, I guess you could do a novelty with one of those giant powder bins all the supplements come in, with like a scoop sticking out. Or maybe just a scoop with some powder in it..
Or maybe "snorting a scoop with some powder in it" kind of idea  :p
If GMK wasn't so square, we could have a steroid novelty. I want the little bottle from Duke Nukem 3D.

I mean a small bottle/vile should be fine with GMK. But gym is not about steroids or the use of it to get jacked. So we wont be going into that or needles.

A yoga mat or protein shake is far less "bold" but acceptable.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 22:52:26 »
But gym is not about steroids or the use of it to get jacked. Well, i thinks that's probably more up to each specific individual to decide for themselves.. but hey, if you want an all natty set, that it is of coarse your prerogative good sir.

Offline Banned

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 22 May 2021, 22:55:41 »
ne b in base avail?

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 23 May 2021, 10:00:41 »
But gym is not about steroids or the use of it to get jacked. Well, i thinks that's probably more up to each specific individual to decide for themselves.. but hey, if you want an all natty set, that it is of coarse your prerogative good sir.

:thumb: :thumb:

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 23 May 2021, 10:01:32 »
ne b in base avail?

Extra B in spacebars kit.

Offline nakano

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 25 May 2021, 19:20:16 »
This post inspired me to start exercising. I now have a 6 pack  :D

Offline saam

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 00:48:50 »
Definitely liking the colors, but not understanding how it relates to the gym other than your wife liking the colors.
But great set.

Sam E

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 01:12:47 »
Definitely liking the colors, but not understanding how it relates to the gym other than your wife liking the colors.
But great set.

Thanks .

For clarification:
Its quite difficult to make a 1:1 comparison between a keyset and the gym. The colors were inspired by the gym outfits and not gym in general.

Offline Daesya

• 💜 purple supremacy 💜
    • social mediass
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 10:31:51 »
I love everything about this set !
As for the comparison with JTK NightSakura I REALLY do not see it, the overall color palette is very cool toned (at least on my screen) and if I would compare this set to another one it would be GMK Fuji on the accents.
But they sure share the same vibe. Not sisters, maybe cousins haha

For reference using the picture previously posted: https://imgur.com/a/1r7Xhil (sorry I don't know how to post the image directly ^^' )

I personally really like the low contrast between the alphas and modifiers, looks really feminine and modern.
ps: I would have called the set Waifu since it was created with her in mind :p

« Last Edit: Sun, 06 June 2021, 10:36:19 by Daesya »

Offline Havattack

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 13:26:22 »
But great set.

Well, the novelties are also gym related, but as far as the colors are concerned: they are very typical of modern athletic clothing, especially for the chicks.
Personally, there are no specific colors or colorway that comes to mine when thinking about the gym or exercise in general, so I'm down for whatever colors he likes, (the closest would be yellow and blue becasue those are the colors of the the gym logo i go to -LA fitness, and I guess Gold's is also yellow.. but I hate yellow, it is the worst color in the history of color, just disgusting)
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 June 2021, 14:08:08 by Havattack »

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 06 June 2021, 18:25:28 »
I love everything about this set !
As for the comparison with JTK NightSakura I REALLY do not see it, the overall color palette is very cool toned (at least on my screen) and if I would compare this set to another one it would be GMK Fuji on the accents.
But they sure share the same vibe. Not sisters, maybe cousins haha

For reference using the picture previously posted: https://imgur.com/a/1r7Xhil (sorry I don't know how to post the image directly ^^' )

I personally really like the low contrast between the alphas and modifiers, looks really feminine and modern.
ps: I would have called the set Waifu since it was created with her in mind :p

Thanks for the comment and feedback.
Yeah the comparison was made to point that our. Color wise is ofcourse different. I was also a bit confused to see it being compared with Nightsakura. But I guess its normal now a days to get compared :)

Regarding the colors : I think you nailed it.

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:49:24 »
But great set.

Well, the novelties are also gym related, but as far as the colors are concerned: they are very typical of modern athletic clothing, especially for the chicks.
Personally, they are no specific colors or colorway that comes to mine when thinking about the gym or exercise in general, so I'm down for whatever colors he likes, (the closest would be yellow and blue becasue those are the colors of the the gym logo i go to -LA fitness, and I guess Gold's is also yellow.. but I hate yellow, it is the worst color in the history of color, just disgusting)

Yeah this is correct. Pink and grey are one of the most popular women gym wear colors. First hand experiance  :p

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 11:03:41 »
But great set.

Personally, they are no specific colors or colorway that comes to mine when thinking about the gym or exercise in general, so I'm down for whatever colors he likes, (the closest would be yellow and blue becasue those are the colors of the the gym logo i go to -LA fitness, and I guess Gold's is also yellow.. but I hate yellow, it is the worst color in the history of color, just disgusting)

Yeah this is correct. Pink and grey are one of the most popular women gym wear colors. First hand experiance  :p
but not popular for man gym wear

Offline Havattack

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 14:15:47 »
But great set.

Gray most certainly is.
And i wear pink, and pretty much any silly, none-macho clothing i can to the gym ( I work out hard as a mofo, I'm not small, and have to try hard to keep a snarl off my face, so i try to look as harmless and jovial as possible..) 

From what I've seen, there are no typical gym colors for men. Are there any you can think of for the dudes?

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 14:55:46 »
But great set.

Gray most certainly is.
And i wear pink, and pretty much any silly, none-macho clothing i can to the gym ( I work out hard as a mofo, I'm not small, and have to try hard to keep a snarl off my face, so i try to look as harmless and jovial as possible..) 

From what I've seen, there are no typical gym colors for men. Are there any you can think of for the dudes?
From what I've seen, blue/orange/neon green are more popular than pink for men tho.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 16:46:14 »
But great set.

Gray most certainly is.

From what I've seen, blue/orange/neon green are more popular than pink for men tho.
I don't know about blue and orange, but neon green is definitely becoming a popular athletic clothing color.

Offline Daesya

• 💜 purple supremacy 💜
    • social mediass
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 17:26:33 »
But great set.

don't worry us women are not gatekeeping the color pink. you can wear it too :p

Offline bby

• bby#0001
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 17:34:15 »
But great set.

omg well said... as for pink/grey not matching the gym aesthetic, that's a super subjective opinion and if the designer thinks it does, then the interest response will speak for itself. I personally love it

Offline Havattack

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 21:19:20 »
But great set.

That's cool, personally, I love pink, but you are still not allowed to have Lavender.. It being a traditionally male fragrance and all...  :p (It's weird to think how often common gender tropes randomly flip- Blue used to be "for" girls and pink for boys, rose and lavender used to be traditional male fragrances, etc. Obviously if the current trend continues, that won't happen anymore, becasue there will not be any gender tropes. Which is fine.)

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 06:01:38 »
But great set.

That's cool, personally, I love pink, but you are still not allowed to have Lavender.. It being a traditionally male fragrance and all...  :p (It's weird to think how often common gender tropes randomly flip- Blue used to be "for" girls and pink for boys, rose and lavender used to be traditional male fragrances, etc. Obviously if the current trend continues, that won't happen anymore, becasue there will not be any gender tropes. Which is fine.)

Yeah I would agree with this. Gender specific colors in 2021 is weird.
From a design POV, pink should not have to cater to only one half of our community. Personally I like pink a lot. On the other hand I dont like neon green or even flashy oranges. I get to like whatever color I want :) ( I hope so xddd  :p)

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 07:17:01 »
But great set.

Well I don't forbid anyone to have anything. I just describe the reality that pink is not often seen to associate with sport in general and I'm not the only one. We can all agree that the colorway itself is undeniably good and the novelties are great, the problem is that many find it hard to connect these colors with gym stuff. If you join S&M discord, you'll see that Fitness has the lowest interest in the 3 current ICs (Pharaoh, Fitness, Zen Pond) although Zen Pond is the latest IC. I do respect the designer's decision because it's his vision.
About Lavender, the main color is purple and the set did a good job representing the flower, it's about the theme and the chosen color.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 June 2021, 07:24:19 by nvh2092 »

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 09:00:43 »
But great set.

Well I don't forbid anyone to have anything. I just describe the reality that pink is not often seen to associate with sport in general and I'm not the only one. We can all agree that the colorway itself is undeniably good and the novelties are great, the problem is that many find it hard to connect these colors with gym stuff. If you join S&M discord, you'll see that Fitness has the lowest interest in the 3 current ICs (Pharaoh, Fitness, Zen Pond) although Zen Pond is the latest IC. I do respect the designer's decision because it's his vision.
About Lavender, the main color is purple and the set did a good job representing the flower, it's about the theme and the chosen color.

I partly agree with you on the fact that we do need to make some changes to the novelties to make it more enticeable. However, the theme will still remain fitness related.
Regarding the IC, I think this is quite niche where as Pharaoh and Zen Pond is more mainstream. The likelihood of people associating with this will definitely be smaller than the more mainstream concepts.

When I look at the concerns of how a gym related set cannot have the colors this set has I am still baffled. I just cant see how it cant be related. The same applies for people who cant make the connection. This is super super subjective.
But in the next iterations I will work on making the novelties more appealing and more fitness related. This would mean that some of the novelties would be completely removed.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 18:44:57 »
But great set.

Twas just a bit of trivia I found interesting my good chum.

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 19:43:38 »
Massive set of changes coming in the next few days

We did an overhaul of the novelties kit. Stay tuned for spicy new updates!  :thumb:

Offline Casserole

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 21:51:46 »
Novs a no go fir me here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 00:22:29 »

The new novelties changes have not ben updated in the IC yet  :eek: :p

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 00:24:04 »

The new novelties changes have not ben updated in the IC yet  :eek: :p
This IC will be updated soon!

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
Re: [IC] GMK Fitness Studio : COMPLETE REWORK (New Kits/Colors/ Novs)
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 14:44:15 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 June 2022, 05:20:49 by SxM Designs »

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 08:03:50 »
Daily Clack will be hosting this set in the Oceania region!  :cool:

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 10:26:35 »
It features dual accents to appeal to both geneders

Bruh

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 10:32:14 »
I think black accent is for everyone  :p.

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 14:28:19 »
this is all a whole new kind of messed up and i don't want to touch it but i still want to express my distaste for assigning colours to genders

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 14:33:03 »
this is all a whole new kind of messed up and i don't want to touch it but i still want to express my distaste for assigning colours to genders

Thanks for the comment but I did not assign colors to genders. What I meant was everything is for everyone :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 August 2021, 16:56:41 by SxM Designs »

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 14:35:39 »

Everything is for everyone.
But you will notice some people lurking around the corner just to diss on you just because they can  :p . Internet is awesome!

I misunderstood this.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 August 2021, 16:48:54 by SxM Designs »

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 14:56:26 »

But you will notice some people lurking around the corner just to diss on you just because they can  :p . Internet is awesome!
yeah, I notice one now  :p.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 August 2021, 17:17:33 by nvh2092 »

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 15:21:54 »

yeah, I notice one now  :p. I meant that the set had been "community - corrected"  :p
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 August 2021, 16:53:38 by SxM Designs »

Offline HelloThisIsDog

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 15:42:01 »
Ahh yes, accents in black or pink so that you can choose your girl fitness or boy fitness mode.

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 16:03:50 »
I am confused as to why this line "It features dual accents to appeal to both geneders" is still in the intro after multiple people have called it out. 

Why would anyone think it is ok to resort to assuming there are only two genders in this day and age.  Doubling down by joking about the set being "Community Correct" just makes you look like more of an ass hat.

Even as a straight, white, male, assigning colors to genders is offensive.  Color and gender should not be correlated.  It would be great, and show you actually care about selling sets, if you could update the wording, and remove gender from the equation.  Thanks.

Offline mizuwolf

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 16:24:27 »
What a reductive outlook, in the year of our plastic keycap gods 2021, you define something as 'for both genders'? Even putting aside that ascribing colors to genders is so outdated and dumb, you're not even correct in assuming a binary. There's way more than two genders. Frankly, disappointing to see this nonsense in an attempt to defend using pink, when that's not something that needs defending. Sigh.

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 16:46:14 »
What a reductive outlook, in the year of our plastic keycap gods 2021, you define something as 'for both genders'? Even putting aside that ascribing colors to genders is so outdated and dumb, you're not even correct in assuming a binary. There's way more than two genders. Frankly, disappointing to see this nonsense in an attempt to defend using pink, when that's not something that needs defending. Sigh.

I am sorry I misunderstood the sentiment. I did not joke. English is not my first language and somewhat got lost in translation. I did not want to offend anyone and I sincerely apologize for the wordings. I have corrected and changed it.

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 16:47:56 »
I am confused as to why this line "It features dual accents to appeal to both geneders" is still in the intro after multiple people have called it out. 

Why would anyone think it is ok to resort to assuming there are only two genders in this day and age.  Doubling down by joking about the set being "Community Correct" just makes you look like more of an ass hat.

Even as a straight, white, male, assigning colors to genders is offensive.  Color and gender should not be correlated.  It would be great, and show you actually care about selling sets, if you could update the wording, and remove gender from the equation.  Thanks.

Yeah you are right and I agree to your sentiment. I apologized in the last comment and I have removed the wordings. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I am utterly shameful  :-[

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 16:56:43 »
Thank you for the kind reply and for making that update! 

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 17:07:25 »
Thank you for the kind reply and for making that update!

No thank you for explaining my mistake. You are the champ here.
I am still embarrassed about this mistake though.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 17:18:33 »

Ok, I removed it, sorry for the insensitive joke. What I was trying to say is that the colors had been updated based on community feedback about the connection between colorway and the novelties.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 August 2021, 17:20:38 by nvh2092 »

Offline mizuwolf

« Reply #94 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 18:05:56 »

I am sorry I misunderstood the sentiment. I did not joke. English is not my first language and somewhat got lost in translation. I did not want to offend anyone and I sincerely apologize for the wordings. I have corrected and changed it.

I really appreciate your response and willingness to change it. Thank you for that, it's a breath of fresh air <3

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 18:28:07 »

I really appreciate your response and willingness to change it. Thank you for that, it's a breath of fresh air <3

Thanks for the kind words.  :thumb:

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 08:56:15 »
Design finalized?

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 11:42:52 »
Design finalized?

Not really. We still have time to make changes. We are still gathering feedback.
Good thing is the response has been positive in regards to the changes. So I am quite happy with it.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 11:19:00 »
Mono base please  :-*

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
« Reply #99 on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 11:24:04 »