Author Topic: [IC] Spectacle (60%)  (Read 8867 times)

Offline ClickClack.io

• Find us on clickclack.io
    • clickclack.io
[IC] Spectacle (60%)
« on: Mon, 03 April 2023, 03:53:05 »

Spectacle - 60% Keyboard
Designed by Stilou Studio
Index

- Intro
- Design
- Structure
- PCB and Layouts
- Specification
- Stream & Video
- Q&A
- IC Forms & Discord

Intro

Hi there~ You may have seen us post a lot, but we’ve been eager to run more and more products that you might like, and this one is a product from Stilou Studio, a new collaborator! Attracted by the beautiful curves and minimalist design, the team (KEZEWA) have reached a cooperation intention with the designer to jointly launch this graceful and gentle Keyboard--Spectacle60.

Spectacle design is unique, with soft curves on the side profile, which is visually appealing. We hope to create a striking product while maintaining the delicate and gentle design. With the help of existing technology, Spectacle uses 5-axis CNC machining technology to make our imagination a reality.

Design

The gentle curves of the side profile are the main selling point of Spectacle. This appearance is achieved through the use of 5-axis CNC machining technology.

Another highlight of this kit is the extensive color selection and matching options. We have provided separate color options for the top and bottom cases, allowing users to freely mix and match. Below are some of the color combinations we have selected that we think are particularly good:

└ Black top with Red bottom: a calm and steady design with a touch of passion.

└ Red top with Black bottom: overflowing with passion, adding color to an ordinary life.

└ Blue top with Pink bottom: refreshing with a hint of fierceness.

Players can freely create their own unique combinations from the parts below:

└ Top case color options:
Grey; Purple
Silver; Wine Red
Blue; Chinese Red
Black; Pink

└ Bottom case color options:
Purple; Gray
Wine Red; Silver
Chinese Red; Blue
Pink; Black

Looking forward to seeing sophisticated gamers create stunning exclusive keyboards through color combinations.

Structure

Given the extremely minimalist design of the keyboard, we do not want any exposed screws on the exterior to break this ultimate simplicity. Therefore, we have designed a screw-less structure that secures the bottom cover from the inside of the keyboard.
The mount chosen for this keyboard is a standard gasket mount, however this uses gasket socks, for ease and precision of placement of the gaskets onto the plate tabs. These gasket socks are thinner on the top and thicker on the bottom to try to optimise sound and feel at the same time~

PCB and Layouts

PCB has two options, both use QMK firmware and are VIA compatible:

└ Soldered: underglow, no per-key RGB, ANSI 60% layout, split backspace and shifts support, stepped caps support

└ Hotswap: per-key RGB, no underglow, fixed ANSI 60% layout, no split key support, no stepped caps support

The PCB options on offer will be decided by the IC form – make sure to vote! The soldered PCB or hotswap PCB, no flex cuts,or standard row flex cuts~

Specification

► Materials: 6063 aluminium top and bottom case
► Layout: 60%
► Mount: Top + Gasket mount (thinner on top, thicker on bottom)
► Plate material: PC, optional alu and FR4
► Typing angle: 6°
► Front height: 18.99mm
► Foam: optional foam offered: 3.5mm poron foam, 0.5mm switch pad, 2mm case foam, 2mm pcb foam

Stream & Video
Alexotos 23/4/2023 1:00pm EST
https://twitch.tv/alexotos

Q&A

What will be the estimated pricing?

Estimated pricing for different versions as follow:
- Package (standard): $219
- Optional:
└ FR4 positioning board: $15
└ Aluminum alloy positioning board: $15
└ Additional PCB: $39 (including accessory package)

Estimated pricing subject to change and finalized pricing will be available before GB.

When will be groupbuy start?
Current GB time is still being decided - however shipping date is estimated to be 120 days after it closes.

Will this be unlimited groupbuy?
This groupbuy will be unlimited!!

Gallery

Imgur Album

I hope everyone will enjoy this product, with its minimalist style, gentle curves, excellent typing experience, and reasonable pricing. I also hope that this first collaboration between KEZEWA and Stilou Studio will bring everyone a surprise.

Interested?

This group buy will be handled by ClickClack.io and please contact the platform for more information.

Join ClickClack’s Discord for latest update, discussion, questions:

Fill in Interest Check Form:

Follow ClickClack's IG for other new projects:

« Last Edit: Fri, 28 April 2023, 04:03:56 by ClickClack.io »

Offline well_cooper

• Turn metal in to typing machine
    • Thocc Supply
Re: [IC] Spectacle (60%)
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 03 April 2023, 04:23:46 »
2 images in the post are for Vintage60

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 03 April 2023, 13:04:54 »
i am an idiot who can't use forums lol
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 April 2023, 13:17:40 by mr_foggy »

Offline mr_foggy

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 April 2023, 13:05:43 »

I was SO pissed the original GB failed, thank god someone picked the project up, happy to see it's clickclack

some remarks though:
1) sad to see the original top mount being abandoned in favour of the overdone, boring gasket mount. I understand it is more commercially viable and there is no way back but hey, thought I'd voice my opinion on that. so glad to see the solder PCB is meme cuts free, to retain some of the firmness I like.
2) please consider bringing back the signature Teal/Aqua color from the original GB instead of two red tones everyone is offering already. Teal is largely underrepresented color while everyone and their grandmas are offering red.
3) price is even lower than the original GB!!! amazingly done.
4) nice job on keeping the foam optional.

neat job overall though.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 April 2023, 13:17:24 by mr_foggy »

Offline Burt888

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 03 April 2023, 16:48:03 »
Underglow in a full alu case and bottom? Am i missing something? Hotswap layout is kinda meh, considering how many options are available on hotswap pcbs nowadays.
Some other colors would be more interesting imho

Offline Adalgis

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 06 April 2023, 14:13:43 »
Lovely design (at a lovely price)! I was also in the original GB and am very happy to see a rerun.

I'd like a clarification: the IC asks whether "do you plan on using split space for the build?", but neither PCB option includes a split space. Did you mean split backspace/shift?

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 00:29:22 »

I was SO pissed the original GB failed, thank god someone picked the project up, happy to see it's clickclack

some remarks though:
1) sad to see the original top mount being abandoned in favour of the overdone, boring gasket mount. I understand it is more commercially viable and there is no way back but hey, thought I'd voice my opinion on that. so glad to see the solder PCB is meme cuts free, to retain some of the firmness I like.
2) please consider bringing back the signature Teal/Aqua color from the original GB instead of two red tones everyone is offering already. Teal is largely underrepresented color while everyone and their grandmas are offering red.

neat job overall though.

Thank you for your interest and your support! We are definitely excited to carry on this project together in order to deliver it to the community. The changes from top mount to gasket mount and the screwless choice to hopefully attract more enthusiasts. Regarding the color choices, we can talk to the manufacturer partner about this and see if they can offer monotone color, it is still subject to change. We will try our best to have no flex cut and keeping the foams optional as the community requested. 

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 00:30:27 »
Underglow in a full alu case and bottom? Am i missing something? Hotswap layout is kinda meh, considering how many options are available on hotswap pcbs nowadays.
Some other colors would be more interesting imho

Thanks for your feedback! We will keep that in mind :thumb:

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 00:31:56 »
Lovely design (at a lovely price)! I was also in the original GB and am very happy to see a rerun.

I'd like a clarification: the IC asks whether "do you plan on using split space for the build?", but neither PCB option includes a split space. Did you mean split backspace/shift?

If there are enough demands for split space users from the IC, we will try our best to ask the PCB design partners to have split space support!

Offline KiserDesigns

• Kiser Designs Store
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 12:06:36 »
It should be possible to have all of your solder options available on the hotswap PCB as well, nothing collides when laying out the sockets that way.

The chunky and sharp edges are unique, almost looks like a vase.

Offline W ubFiish

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 09 April 2023, 16:20:11 »
Really in love with the design! Might want to pick up more than one with that price  :thumb:

A bit late to ask this with all the existing options, but is there any consideration for a gold ano, brass, or multicolor options?

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 14 April 2023, 06:05:28 »
Really in love with the design! Might want to pick up more than one with that price  :thumb:

A bit late to ask this with all the existing options, but is there any consideration for a gold ano, brass, or multicolor options?
Will consider if there are enough needs.

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 17 April 2023, 22:59:10 »

some remarks though:

neat job overall though.
Thanks for your suggestion. We have confirmed with the studio, and they are willing to provide both the top and Gasket mount in GB. :thumb:

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 24 April 2023, 08:36:51 »
Thanks to the suggestions of creators and players, we will provide the following four kinds of PCBs for you to choose during GB.
1. Uncut Soldered PCB
2. Uncut Hotswap PCB
3. Horizontal slotted Soldered PCB
4. Horizontal slotted Hotswap PCB

Each kind of PCB will support all of the following Layouts:

We're estimated to begin the GB on 12:00 EST, 30/04/2023.

Offline mr_foggy

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 25 April 2023, 04:02:48 »
Thanks to the suggestions of creators and players, we will provide the following four kinds of PCBs for you to choose during GB.
1. Uncut Soldered PCB
2. Uncut Hotswap PCB

oh god yes

colors are still a bit boring. any possible addition?
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 April 2023, 04:05:16 by mr_foggy »

Offline ClickClack.io

• clickclack.io
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 27 April 2023, 01:54:36 »
1. Uncut Soldered PCB
2. Uncut Hotswap PCB

oh god yes

colors are still a bit boring. any possible addition?

:D Will add one more Dark Green color and the brass bottom option.

« Last Edit: Thu, 27 April 2023, 08:02:34 by ClickClack.io »

Offline mr_foggy

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 27 April 2023, 04:06:32 »
:D Will add one more Green color and the copper bottom option.
Show Image

HOLY JESUS THIS IS PERFECT THANK YOU

Offline hzh0525

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 27 April 2023, 07:24:12 »
Will definitely go for the newly Green color top and the copper bottom option!