geekhack Marketplace > Signature Plastics / PimpMyKeyboard

Signature Plastics' DSS tooling

<< < (3/21) > >>

blighty:

--- Quote from: SMKNGNZ on Thu, 18 January 2018, 19:44:52 ---I will post some pics of the 60% board we put together next week. The DSS top surface is a matte finish like the DSA. We need to build a number of shapes before we have it production ready: R3 2.25; R4 2.75; R1 2sp; R3 stepped 1.75; R3/4 vertical 2 space (NP); ISO key; and a 6.25 R3 space bar. A R3 6u SB is already tooled. The board Melissa had at the Seattle meetup had a DCS R4 bar that matched the R4 DSS profile but was nasty to type on.

--- End quote ---

Is there already a R3 7u space bar?

SMKNGNZ:
Pics of DSS family

SMKNGNZ:

--- Quote from: a_ak57 on Sun, 21 January 2018, 10:43:49 ---
--- Quote from: SMKNGNZ on Thu, 18 January 2018, 19:44:52 ---I will post some pics of the 60% board we put together next week. The DSS top surface is a matte finish like the DSA. We need to build a number of shapes before we have it production ready: R3 2.25; R4 2.75; R1 2sp; R3 stepped 1.75; R3/4 vertical 2 space (NP); ISO key; and a 6.25 R3 space bar. A R3 6u SB is already tooled. The board Melissa had at the Seattle meetup had a DCS R4 bar that matched the R4 DSS profile but was nasty to type on.

--- End quote ---

Are the 6u space bar's stems going to be in the same position as the 6u DSA bars, i.e. centered middle stem with outer stems that are considerably closer in than a 6u GMK bar's?

--- End quote ---
We currently mold the DSA 6u space bar with a center mount and outboard mounts 1.520" from center. The DSS 6u R3 space bar has a center mount and fixed outboard mounts at 1.880" from center. We have little info on where users would like the outboard mounts located.

SMKNGNZ:

--- Quote from: blighty on Mon, 22 January 2018, 10:20:31 ---

--- End quote ---

Is there already a R3 7u space bar?

--- End quote ---

No. That will need to be tooled also.

T0mb3ry:
Sorry if i missed and probably this has been answered already but still. How thick are the cap wals of DSS Porfile? Is it as thick as DSA or thicker?

Probably it would be nice to add some short FAQ on the front page.

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version