Author Topic: Bonjour to everyone !  (Read 2990 times)

Offline _user

Bonjour to everyone !
« on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 05:13:22 »
Hello there !

I was looking for some help in corsair forum to find how to switch my azerty K70 keyboard to a classic us one and I come across a post from "Inheritance" of the Beta Corsair Teams who highly recommanded to take a look here to find a solution ! Idk if he still here but thanks to him to make me discover this community !
 IRL, I'm a cybersecurity student actually interested by reverse-engineering technics and IoT safety, otherwise I love customize my equipments and I'm commit to protect our privacy's rights as much as I can.

I'm so excited to make some friends and learn some stuff, btw if u have an idea to figure out how to switch my k70, where can I buy some goods button if needed, don't hesitate to notify me ! :D

Feel free to come exchange with me about anything ! ;)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Bonjour to everyone !
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 05:46:00 »
Welcome to geekhack :)

Are you trying to convert an ISO board (big enter key) to an ANSI one (wide enter key)?  That will be very hard as the plate that holds the switches probably doesn't have holes for it.  You could use ISO-US but I don't think a USB to USB converter would work with the extra power needed for RGB and it's a bit overkill to fix two keys.  You could desolder the switch pins of the extra key next to enter and isolate the pads then solder short jumpers to the pads for ANSI \| which should be there.  Not sure what it would do with the extra key next to left shift though...  Or if the board is only used in one place you could remap it in software?

Basically there isn't much difference between a US and AZERTY keyboard, it's the operating system that converts keys into letters and symbols in your chosen layout.

If anything sounds good or if I'm answering the wrong question please let me know!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline _user

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 08:03:41 »
Welcome to geekhack :)

Are you trying to convert an ISO board (big enter key) to an ANSI one (wide enter key)?  That will be very hard as the plate that holds the switches probably doesn't have holes for it.  You could use ISO-US but I don't think a USB to USB converter would work with the extra power needed for RGB and it's a bit overkill to fix two keys.  You could desolder the switch pins of the extra key next to enter and isolate the pads then solder short jumpers to the pads for ANSI \| which should be there.  Not sure what it would do with the extra key next to left shift though...  Or if the board is only used in one place you could remap it in software?

Basically there isn't much difference between a US and AZERTY keyboard, it's the operating system that converts keys into letters and symbols in your chosen layout.

If anything sounds good or if I'm answering the wrong question please let me know!

Thanks for your message.

Don't worry for my enter key, I have everything I need : ahahaa  :))

I just want turn my azerty keyboard's plate to a qwerty us like as much as possible, you say just reorganize it is enough ?

It is because I aim to program and manipulate more effectively my new linux platforms with their lots of vim shortcuts.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 10:52:32 »
ISO-US looks like this (picture by Oblotzky)

So you get to keep your big enter - just tell Linux you have a US keyboard and your * key next to enter will become the \| key that's above the ANSI enter.  Unfortunately the <> key defaults to \| too but you could change that with a custom keymap.  Will the board only be used on one computer?
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 May 2020, 10:55:38 by suicidal_orange »
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline _user

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 13:22:28 »
Thank you so much for this ! Yes it will be used only on my desktop, do u know what can I bind to <>key ?

EDIT : Also, there is good resellers for a kind of Kit Qwerty ISO-US like that to transform mine ? Because I come accross only 104 keys productcs with the little enter key...

Or maybe a good seller piece by piece ?

Thank you again.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 May 2020, 07:28:47 by _user »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 19:34:23 »
I've had a look and it seems this layout is surprisingly rare - it's not even covered in most group buys here.

You could get a DSA set from PMK as all the keys are the same height so you can move them around, but they feel different from a standard board with sloped keycaps.

If you use Ctrl a lot you could use the extra key for that, lots of people put it on Caps Lock as found on the HHKB and it's just as easy to press.  I don't use Ctrl much so I have Caps as backspace like in the Colemak layout so that could work too.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline _user

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 07:55:29 »
Many thanks for your researchs orange.

Offline Lordgeill

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 03:40:04 »
Hello there !

I was looking for some help in corsair forum to find how to switch my azerty K70 keyboard to a classic us one and I come across a post from "Inheritance" of the Beta Corsair Teams who highly recommanded to take a look here to find a solution ! Idk if he still here but thanks to him to make me discover this community !
 IRL, I'm a cybersecurity student actually interested by reverse-engineering technics and IoT safety, otherwise I love customize my equipments and I'm commit to protect our privacy's rights as much as I can.

I'm so excited to make some friends and learn some stuff, btw if u have an idea to figure out how to switch my k70, where can I buy some goods button if needed, don't hesitate to notify me ! :D

Feel free to come exchange with me about anything ! ;)

Welcome, it's all incredibly cool! If you suddenly have problems with your studies, I strongly advise you to look at the site https://assignmentbro.com/us/accounting-assignment-help which helps students cope with their studies, I am sure that at your level, this will be very important. I was recently made out of bad grades - the highest, the teachers were delighted with me.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 November 2020, 05:44:32 by Lordgeill »