Author Topic: hi  (Read 1648 times)

Offline 3c0x2

• shiggy
hi
« on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 21:35:56 »
Greetings from midwest America. On par with many, I'm fairly new to the mechanical keyboard scene and have recently made my inaugural purchase: a pre-owned Leopold FC200RT with minor prior usage.

11502-011504-1

Certainly nothing special, but I've grown quite fond of it. Browns seem to suit me well, though I must admit, my experience with other switches is next to nonexistent.

Anyway, just wanted to throw myself out there (and thus put myself that much closer to satisfying the minimum post requirement for classifieds :) ). Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: hi
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 21:45:02 »
Welcome to Geekhack and that's a nice first board for you.  I had the first Leopold when EK started to carry them.  Very solid board indeed.  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline 3c0x2

• shiggy
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 22:05:26 »
Welcome to Geekhack and that's a nice first board for you.  I had the first Leopold when EK started to carry them.  Very solid board indeed.  :)

Thanks, and good to hear! :D I'm in the process of further ricing it out currently. Looking to get my hands on a red escape keycap and perhaps some matching red R1 media keys.

Not an inexpensive hobby by any means. :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 22:06:10 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Love the classic white on black look :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ