Author Topic: Ciao :)  (Read 981 times)

Offline acolombo

Ciao :)
« on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 04:09:02 »
Hi everyone, I'm Andrea from Cesena, Italy.

I've seen the review of the Poker 2 on Rhinofeed yt channel and I fell in love with compact mechanical keyboards because of their possibilities of customization and everything. Then I discovered DeskThority and I've been reading it for a few time, as a result I also found GeekHack and I'm now writing my first post here.

The fact is I don't want to spend a lot of money in a new keyboard (also because I've never tried one) so I'd really like to make my own mechanical keyboard or to mod an existing (cheap) one. I am new to mechanical keyboards but I've already worked on keyboards, as I've made some simracing pheriphericals using some usb rd keyboards controllers, so I know a bit about matrix and stuff.

I love 60% keyboards but I also need arrow keys, not on a Fn layer, because I use them a lot in graphic design programs.

I think my first project will be to make an arrows only keyboard with various mx switches, to get to know them and see which one I like more. I found this kit: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-with-tracking-number-wholesale-4pcs-lot-black-red-blue-brown-mx-switch-shaft-for/1718506042.html  and would like to buy it, what do you think about it guys?

:)

Offline feizor

Re: Ciao :)
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 07:05:04 »
Someone might be able to lend you a switch tester. Just ask for it here:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34585.0

That way you can see which switch you like best then make your arrow only keyboard with the type of switch you like.

Or you can see if you like the Leopold FC660M which is a 60% with a arrow cluster. But keep in mind that the Leopold has odd key cap sizes which makes it slightly hard to find aftermarket keycap sets that fit it.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
Re: Ciao :)
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 20:21:59 »
WELCOME TO GEEKHACK.

DO YOU USE WINDOWS 95?
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS