Author Topic: Hi! Long time lurker!  (Read 4464 times)

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
Hi! Long time lurker!
« on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 12:21:49 »
Hey there GH!

I have been a long time lurker of GH , mainly come to check the classifieds and check out the artisans page.

Recently I have really got into artisans and keyboards! I currently own 6 boards and have begun collecting artisans so decided to get myself more involved in the GH community!

Heres a picture of my favorite board!
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hi! Long time lurker!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 23:21:41 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Poker?  Nice :)  The keycaps suit it.  And the Gas Mask - fits in really well with the theme.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 13:05:02 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Poker?  Nice :)  The keycaps suit it.  And the Gas Mask - fits in really well with the theme.

Thanks! That's what I was going for. I since have collected a bunch (2 more) trans masks. Trying to grow my gas mask collection!

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 13:23:04 »
Damn, nice keyboard! I've been starting to collect artisans as well - I like your idea of trying to collect one type :P definitely would make it easier to resist entering every sale/raffle!
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 14:30:03 »
Damn, nice keyboard! I've been starting to collect artisans as well - I like your idea of trying to collect one type :P definitely would make it easier to resist entering every sale/raffle!

Thanks! I have a thing for trans gasmasks!  :D Have another one coming in the mail pretty soon!

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 05:01:09 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Thanks! That's what I was going for. I since have collected a bunch (2 more) trans masks. Trying to grow my gas mask collection!

I tried to collect Gas Masks for a while - I missed the original black ones with red or green eyes, but actually managed to keep up for a little while.

I'm way behind now with my collection.  I don't even have any G2s!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 00:08:27 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I tried to collect Gas Masks for a while - I missed the original black ones with red or green eyes, but actually managed to keep up for a little while.

I love how the G2 looks. The mouth part looks a lot cleaner than the 6 holes on the G1. However, just picked up my first G1 (orange translucent). It should be coming in the mail tomorrow!

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 01:29:00 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I love how the G2 looks. The mouth part looks a lot cleaner than the 6 holes on the G1. However, just picked up my first G1 (orange translucent). It should be coming in the mail tomorrow!

I didn't even know there was an orange translucent one :eek:

Offline grav3serker

• graves + berserker = grav3serker
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 00:50:14 »
Welcome! I love the clean look of your board. How do you like those Ducky PBT caps? Max Keyboard just released a new PBT set with a good thickness that I think I'm gonna give a try!

Offline agbockus

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 01:41:23 »
I'm a long time lurker too - I made this account but haven't used it much - it's hard to get involved when I don't want to mess people up by posting in the wrong area(s) or something.

I've got 4 boards now though, so you're a bit ahead! Haha

Welcome!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 02:49:05 »
welcome to gh
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 19:47:36 »
welcome to gh

Thanks!

Being personally welcomed by the infamous demik is a dream come true. I can quit the mechanical keyboard hobby now!

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 20:46:51 »
welcome to gh

Thanks!

Being personally welcomed by the infamous demik is a dream come true. I can quit the mechanical keyboard hobby now!

everything they've said about me is a lie. especially the good stuff.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 23:34:29 »
welcome to gh

Thanks!

Not until the infamous demik has converted to you Topre ...

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 01:37:21 »
welcome to gh

Thanks!

I'm currently a loyal Mx fan. Way too invested in Mx! (keycaps, different boards, artisans, etc.)

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 03:52:34 »
welcome to gh

Thanks!

I'm currently a loyal Mx fan. Way too invested in Mx! (keycaps, different boards, artisans, etc.)

Oh.

So you don't want to try a buckling spring keyboard either then? ;)

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 13:12:59 »
welcome to gh

Thanks!

Oh.

Hahahh, I'll avoid it like the plague if I can.

Honestly am looking to try Torpe one day, but I don't think I want to have two different platforms (for lack of a better word).

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 14:13:37 »
welcome to gh

Thanks!

That's because you haven't felt a topre board. Then you'll see mx is nothing but hype.

TOPRE FOR LIFE. HHKB GANG. 55G SQUAD.

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 14:27:04 »
welcome to gh

Thanks!

That's because you haven't felt a topre board. Then you'll see mx is nothing but hype.

What Topre board would you recommend for someone who is looking to get into the Topre world?

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 14:51:13 »
welcome to gh

Thanks!

What Topre board would you recommend for someone who is looking to get into the Topre world?
Want a normal lay out? 55g RF. Easily the best out of the box switch ever. Hell, the whole package is perfect. Pbt caps, ctrl/caps swappable and tkl format.

Want a great 60% layout? Hhkb. 45g is not as great as 55g but it's still good and the layout of it makes up for it imo.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 17:39:04 »
Honestly am looking to try Torpe one day, but I don't think I want to have two different platforms (for lack of a better word).

You never tried buckling spring and avoid it like the plague?  More for me!

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 18:31:58 »
welcome to gh

Thanks!

Want a normal lay out? 55g RF. Easily the best out of the box switch ever. Hell, the whole package is perfect. Pbt caps, ctrl/caps swappable and tkl format.

Want a great 60% layout? Hhkb. 45g is not as great as 55g but it's still good and the layout of it makes up for it imo.

I love the layout of my poker II , and think I would love the layout of the HHKB. However, I don't know if I want to switch between layouts.

You never tried buckling spring and avoid it like the plague?  More for me!

More for you indeed!

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 03:57:12 »
welcome to gh

Thanks!

Oh.

Two different switches?  It's great for sales - you can enter for any keycap type and kave a keyboard to fit them on!