Author Topic: The anti-geekhack keyboards  (Read 2638 times)

Offline Nonmouse

The anti-geekhack keyboards
« on: Sat, 02 February 2008, 13:39:02 »
Here's a cringe-worthy article from PC World, on the ten worst keyboards of all time.  Sad to say, I have owned three or four of those boards, and I've used all but one or two at one point or another....

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 02 February 2008, 14:29:30 »
What a ridiculous article.  It's like someone said, "hey, I need you to write a piece on the 10 all-time worst keyboards...but, uhhh, don't piss off any of our current advertisers."

How about listing the current keyboard that ships with every new Dell that goes out the door (AND that ridiculous onboard mushy keyboard they put on their laptops)?  ;)

Offline Nonmouse

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 02 February 2008, 17:25:19 »
Quote from: iMav;2734
What a ridiculous article.  It's like someone said, "hey, I need you to write a piece on the 10 all-time worst keyboards...but, uhhh, don't piss off any of our current advertisers."

How about listing the current keyboard that ships with every new Dell that goes out the door (AND that ridiculous onboard mushy keyboard they put on their laptops)?  ;)

Yah, definitely a point.  I still thought it was sort of amusing in a horrible, horrible way.  You have to admit that the Dell k/bs aren't quite as bad as the PCjr or original PET keyboards, though.

Offline fkeidjn

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 02 February 2008, 21:43:00 »
I've never tried any of those keyboards, as those came before I was even born, lol.  But from looking at those keyboards, they don't seem to be as bas as the crap ones we have today.
Kinesis Keypad - Filco FKBN104M/EB - Unitek space-saver - Acer 6511-TW - Apple Extended II (M3501) - Scorpius M10 - Cherry G80-1800, AT - SGI Granite - vintage Fujitsu - IBM Model M, 101 and mini - Model F, 84-key AT - Dell AT101W - Northgate 101

Offline ashort

• Hoosier Daddy
    • http://andrew.wingedwheel.net
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 03 February 2008, 13:22:51 »
I owned one of these:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,139100-page,8-c,keyboards/article.html

I sold my Atari 2600 and games for it.
Andrew
{ KBC Poker - brown | Filco Majestouch - brown | Dell AT101W | Cherry G84-4100 }

Offline ashort

• Hoosier Daddy
    • http://andrew.wingedwheel.net
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 03 February 2008, 13:25:42 »
I think the previous generation (pre-chicklet) Mac keyboard should be on there.  standard layout, good size, but mud would give more tactile feedback.  The chicklet keyboard is better than that one.
Andrew
{ KBC Poker - brown | Filco Majestouch - brown | Dell AT101W | Cherry G84-4100 }