geekhack Community > Off Topic

Bitcoin

<< < (2/10) > >>

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: chyros on Fri, 09 April 2021, 10:41:24 ---Bitcoin wastes an incredible amount of energy and contributes absolutely nothing. I'm all for forbidding it.

--- End quote ---

It's absolutely horrendous and unnnecessary.

noisyturtle:
I've only ever easily made money on it. But it sure is stupid. I bought $75 in LTC years ago and the change left over from the purchase now is worth more than the original total amount I bought.

I think the idea of getting rid of paper money for a digital currency is a good one, but not through mined assets.

But this is literally the worst time to invest. Hype is high and prices are inflated. Like buying in 2017, just wait a year or two.

absyrd:

--- Quote from: chyros on Fri, 09 April 2021, 10:41:24 ---Bitcoin wastes an incredible amount of energy and contributes absolutely nothing. I'm all for forbidding it.

--- End quote ---

Agreed.

Shapey Fiend:
Looked into it 10 years ago thought it was dumb. Still think so today but I guess I should have bought some. A friend of mine had a small amount bought a house with it. Don't see the point in jumping in now it's so expensive. You don't want to be the last person in.

phinix:
Yeah, thats how I feel, just too late to the party... :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version