geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

Spanish, Portuguese & Italian (South) keycaps (links updated:22/March/2024)

<< < (3/51) > >>

Jorge:
So little options for ISO-ES...

I like the pimpmykeyboard ones but almost $300 to cover all the needs in my small TKL layout...that's crazy!

I would like some black themed DSA, i'm starting to think that's impossible. I will have to choose between a blank kit or to struggle my brain on a change to ANSI.

namidettje:
Hiho,

Onto the move into ANSI, found a sweet spot in mixing ANSI with ISO enter. Add to that the usage of VIA / QMK to setup tildes, Ç and Ñ in secondary layers and whatnot to finetune couple more keys and you are able to use any base kit of any keycap set 99% of the time. Altough most of the time you have to solder for the ISO enter (Not something expensive nor difficult to learn given the amount of video tutorials) At least to me it was easy to adjust than an ergo/alice layout.

In any case, extremelly thankful for the amount of resources to try to have ISO-ES on our keyboards. Great Job guys! :thumb:

Hope this helped!

salgiza:

--- Quote from: Jorge on Sun, 15 August 2021, 04:05:23 ---So little options for ISO-ES...

I like the pimpmykeyboard ones but almost $300 to cover all the needs in my small TKL layout...that's crazy!

I would like some black themed DSA, i'm starting to think that's impossible. I will have to choose between a blank kit or to struggle my brain on a change to ANSI.

--- End quote ---

I must say that at some point the links to pimpmykeyboard were the first on the list, for no particular reason, and then I thought: mmm.. I've heard great things about these keysets, maybe I could buy one? And then I checked the prices... and moved them down on the list in order not to scare anyone new to the hobby  :D

There is DSA Milkshake coming out in September, if I'm not mistaken (about the date). But it is white themed, I'm afraid.

--- Quote from: namidettje on Sun, 15 August 2021, 13:51:26 ---Onto the move into ANSI, found a sweet spot in mixing ANSI with ISO enter. Add to that the usage of VIA / QMK to setup tildes, Ç and Ñ in secondary layers and whatnot to finetune couple more keys and you are able to use any base kit of any keycap set 99% of the time. Altough most of the time you have to solder for the ISO enter (Not something expensive nor difficult to learn given the amount of video tutorials) At least to me it was easy to adjust than an ergo/alice layout.

--- End quote ---

At first I thought about just doing that (ANSI with ISO enter) but I don't know why, having the symbol labels in the wrong places (even though I never look at the keyboard when I type) totally triggers some kind of OCD in me. I mean, I could have klingon labels in all keys and I wouldn't care. But having the "," in the wrong key... aarg.

Thankfully, I must say that, since I started this thread, things don't look so dire for ES (and PT/IT) users. There are no running GBs right now, but MOQs for everything non-GMK (which usually have the most boring designs, anyway) actually allow for designers to include support for our layouts, and the sales numbers for the latest GBs were actually pretty decent.

And once things get going after summer, it looks like there is going to be at least one or two GBs that support ES or South layouts every month... (I just added a couple more of ICs to the list).

I'm not losing hope yet!  :)

Jorge:
Keychron is adding a OEM PBT dye-sub keycap set in ISO-ES. For just $40 it seems a reasonable option if someone likes the retro-mac style. It's intended as a full set for keychron's K2 and new Q1, but perhaps it's a good option for a common TKL or smaller board.

https://www.keychron.com/products/iso-dye-sub-oem-pbt-keycap-set?variant=39411835895897

salgiza:

--- Quote from: Jorge on Thu, 19 August 2021, 15:03:06 ---Keychron is adding a OEM PBT dye-sub keycap set in ISO-ES. For just $40 it seems a reasonable option if someone likes the retro-mac style. It's intended as a full set for keychron's K2 and new Q1, but perhaps it's a good option for a common TKL or smaller board.

https://www.keychron.com/products/iso-dye-sub-oem-pbt-keycap-set?variant=39411835895897

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tip, I've added it to the list! Being Keychron, hopefully it will be soon be sold by some of their distributors in the EU (I'll update the link if that happens).
But great news, anyway, because having a cheap starting point for people dipping their toes in the hobby is really nice!

(Glorious also had ES keycaps, but they haven't updated them for the GMMK Pro  :( )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version