geekhack Community > Ergonomics

Chair

(1/2) > >>

phinix:
I'm after a chair for home office - I now work from home permanently so need a good chair.
I'm a heavy boy, so need something strong but also ergonomic. I suffer from coccyx pain, so it has to be ergonomic in this "area":)
I'm looking at Herman Miller Mirra 2 right now, not as expensive as Aeron, but has all the adjustments etc

What do you guys use and do you like it?
What would you suggest, recommend?

desgeek:
Adjustable lumbar support is important

TheMastermind:
I really like the Aeron as I got mine for a steal at around $200. If you can find a good one used with the PostureFit (updated lumbar support), it'll probably be the last chair you ever need to buy!

Darthbaggins:

--- Quote from: TheMastermind on Wed, 14 December 2022, 13:15:43 ---I really like the Aeron as I got mine for a steal at around $200. If you can find a good one used with the PostureFit (updated lumbar support), it'll probably be the last chair you ever need to buy!

--- End quote ---

That is a steal, fortunately they can be found in this range fairly often but you need to keep an eye out constantly for these deals (one of the many reasons I lurk sales threads and pages constantly - I have a hardware hoarding problem too).

sovyrrab:

--- Quote from: TheMastermind on Wed, 14 December 2022, 13:15:43 ---I really like the Aeron as I got mine for a steal at around $200. If you can find a good one used with the PostureFit (updated lumbar support), it'll probably be the last chair you ever need to buy!

--- End quote ---
That's a ridiculous price. I bought a decked out remastered version at full price and I still feel it is a good deal. It will outlive me. The lumbar support hurts my back though, so I took that off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version