geekhack Community > Keyboards

need DIY DK83 Firmware / replace potimeter

(1/3) > >>

nani70:
Hello,
I messed up and flashed the wrong Firmware (DK75)to my DIY DK83 Keyboard.
Can you help me and find it, or is it hopeless and I have an electronic brick now?
btw: Does this manufactorer have an official website?

Leslieann:
If you flashed the wrong firmware how to fix it will depend.

Does the system see anything when plugged in?
If it's just a variant, or semi compatible (I.E. firmware meant for the same or similar chip but different board) then there's two ways this can go. It's possible the pin you short to trigger a re-flash changed, figuring this out could be tricky but would let you flash like normal if you can figure it out. It;s also possible you just need a low level tool to flash it, I'm not sure what tool to use, but I've done it for bios and gpus.

If nothing happens when plugged in then you need a hardware based programming tool as you (probably) wiped out the bootloader. You can build one from a Raspberry Pi, possibly an Arduino or buy one for about $10 or so. These either clip on or get soldered to the chip directly and flash it that way and that would restore it.

nani70:
A taobao seller gave me a link with software and firmware for different DIY Keyboards.
https://pan.baidu.com/s/16mrEcwl5ogTd9JPI9pVhNg Password:2022
He told me he has no Firmware for DK83
But there is only Software no Firmware for DK83 Keyboard. By accident I flashed DK75 Firmware. It still works. But if you press the knob there is no function anymore and LED control is not working properly.
This tool was so stupid just flashed the keyboard automatically without asking for conformation.

So there is nothing I can do?

Leslieann:
It's possible the firmware is the same and those are just no longer configured.. Which is what it sounds like and since it still works, that's a good sign.  More on this in a moment.

Before we get to that, you should read this in it's entirety.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/sqgbey/next_time_75_boards_warning/

With that out of the way...
This appears to be a white label keyboard (sold under many names) so it's very possible that it actually is a DK7 (or at least the PCB is) and those keys and such are just not properly configured. If you want to know for sure, try messaging someone with a similar board (or look for disassembly pictures) and look for pcb numbers. If they match, great, now you just need the appropriate software from one of the many clones.

When/if you get it going, please post how and everything so anyone else in your position can also find answers. Good luck.

nani70:
It seems the DIY brand build next time clones. They look very similar but they are not the same. Housing looks slightly different and nextime have white PCB while DIYs is black.
Also its not the same software look at the files in the folder they are completely different: (btw the virus is probably just an false positive due to macro functionality). Also I can get the DK83 Software to work by changing a number in the config file but the problem with LEDs Settings persist so its on the firmware site. I guess I have to return it, it is not my fault when they build such software that mess up your firmware in a blink. I'm so annoyed because somebody will have the flash tool. Taobao sellers are also not willing to help if you not bought from them which is understandable. I just don't understand why it is not possible to find contact information from the manufacturer:

There is some information present in the config file but it leads to nothing:
      <tc_support_url>www.beying.com</tc_support_url>
      <tc_update_url>http://120.79.47.78/update/</tc_update_url>
      <tc_spr15>@2021 QGAM Co.,Ltd. reserves all rights.</tc_spr15>

The software of almost all DIY boards:
Maybe somebody recognize the screenshot of the update tool?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version