geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

KEYCAPS FROM TYPEWRITERS: which typewriters to buy

<< < (7/9) > >>

Sintpinty:
I think alps mount. I'm not sure.

2ter:
The XEROX 6001 RX is a Triumph Adler CompacTA typewriter and has a keyboard with Cherry MY switches and brown and green dye-subbed keycaps.

krautcat:
Sorry for necroposting. I have begun harvesting keycaps and switches from old typewriters for my split keyboards with columnar staggering.

Can confirm following typewriters have Cherry MX-compatible keycaps.

TypewriterKeyswitchKeycap profileKeycap materialLegendsXerox 6012Cherry MYCherryPBTDye-sublimation (tri-color)AEG Olympia Standard 200iCherry MX Olympia ClearNon-standard sculpted (not OEM)PBTLaser infilled (?)
Uncompatible with any modern keyswitches.

TypewriterKeyswitchKeycap profileKeycap materialLegendsAEG Olympia Professional 200iMarquardt Two Fingers TypewriterSperical sculptedABSDoubleshot
Also it seems Optima SP50 has keycaps incompatible with Cherry MX and ALPS keystems. Photos is from two auctions' (here and here) lots.

More

OhManIAmWorried:

--- Quote from: krautcat on Mon, 20 July 2020, 08:00:27 ---Sorry for necroposting. I have begun harvesting keycaps and switches from old typewriters for my split keyboards with columnar staggering.

Can confirm following typewriters have Cherry MX-compatible keycaps.

TypewriterKeyswitchKeycap profileKeycap materialLegendsXerox 6012Cherry MYCherryPBTDye-sublimation (tri-color)AEG Olympia Standard 200iCherry MX Olympia ClearNon-standard sculpted (not OEM)PBTLaser infilled (?)
Uncompatible with any modern keyswitches.

TypewriterKeyswitchKeycap profileKeycap materialLegendsAEG Olympia Professional 200iMarquardt Two Fingers TypewriterSperical sculptedABSDoubleshot
Also it seems Optima SP50 has keycaps incompatible with Cherry MX and ALPS keystems. Photos is from two auctions' (here and here) lots.

More (Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

--- End quote ---

Talking about necroposting, I have updated the lists. Thank you for your part.

Darthbaggins:
I thought certain late 80's early 90's IBM TW's had an ALPs or Beamspring compatible stem - might check the one my mom has so I can get everyone a model number and verification (fortunately she should still have it - if so free caps for me, just no board to use them with, yet).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version