Author Topic: 2x3x4 LED and SIP socket Group Buy - Round 1 Cyan | Pink | Sky Blue  (Read 112596 times)

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
Re: 2x3x4 LED and SIP socket Group Buy - Round 1 Cyan | Pink | Sky Blue
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 17:04:07 »
All invoices sent! My hat is off to anyone who has the patience to do that manually. I had 79 orders and it totally sucked. For round 2, I'll have to sort out an entirely API based workflow because of PayPal's inflexibility.

If you paid as of the "generated at" time on the order list, you should be marked as paid. If there are errors with your invoice. DON'T PAY IT, and shoot me a PM. :thumb:
Thanks for doing all the work  :thumb:
Glad I checked the tread, the invoice was buried in my Gmail inbox; probably would've found it eventually but I don't want to keep you waiting so.... paid!
(I assume it's all correct 'cause I can't remember what I ordered but it looks/sounds right to me)

Huh, was there something about the invoice that caused it to get buried or do you just have too much email?
Nothing you did wrong, just too darn much email on my end  :rolleyes:

9.66 GB (64%) of 15 GB used - I've given up hope of ever having a clean inbox.
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #201 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 17:26:02 »
I have to admit that I hate all of the 'paid' responses to these threads.

but...

PAID!!!  :P

I haven't paid yet!!

Is that better?  :P

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #202 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 18:11:05 »
Hoff u make Bank you should pay it already  :eek: LOL. I still haven't paid mine yet T_T.

Did u get my message btw Hoff?

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #203 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 18:21:24 »
I'll say it once. I don't mind "Just Paid" announcements, but I don't rely on them to update the thread either. I'd suggest that instead of paid, select some nice emoji that properly express your feelings.

When y'all are done paying your invoices, I get to pay two real big ones. 💸💸💸

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #204 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 18:43:57 »
Hoff u make Bank you should pay it already  :eek: LOL. I still haven't paid mine yet T_T.

Hahahaha, I don't "make bank", but I have paid now!  :)

I'll say it once. I don't mind "Just Paid" announcements, but I don't rely on them to update the thread either. I'd suggest that instead of paid, select some nice emoji that properly express your feelings.

I'll post my thoughts on nuclearsandwich instead:

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*  <3 <3 <3   :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #205 on: Fri, 19 December 2014, 19:34:10 »

Hahahaha, I don't "make bank", but I have paid now!  :)

I'll post my thoughts on nuclearsandwich instead:

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*  <3 <3 <3   :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

😳😳😳

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #206 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 11:15:47 »
Head's up due to some last minute adventuring this weekend I wasn't able to update orders last night nor will I be able to do so tonight. Back again Sunday evening to update everything.

Offline phearboner

« Reply #207 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 14:15:32 »
Paid  :D

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #208 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 10:27:53 »
Oh one thing I learned running this group buy. Y'all in Irvine need to have a meetup. There's hella you folks.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #209 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 10:43:05 »
How many from my area?

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #210 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 11:58:31 »
Can you export just the zip codes or something?  Then somebody could import that into Google maps and we could all see how many folks are around us. Could be fun.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #211 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 13:47:08 »
Can you export just the zip codes or something?  Then somebody could import that into Google maps and we could all see how many folks are around us. Could be fun.

How many from my area?

I'm not releasing any more specific information about participant geography than I have. Just start posting meetup threads. Even if it's just a couple geekhackers getting a coffee it's still super fun times!

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #212 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 14:50:23 »

How many from my area?

I'm not releasing any more specific information about participant geography than I have. Just start posting meetup threads. Even if it's just a couple geekhackers getting a coffee it's still super fun times!

Yeah keeping that information diclosed is the right thing to do.

On the other hand the LA area is so huge I don't see why they don't have enough people for a meet up. Maybe it's that high nerd ratio in the bay haha

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #213 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 20:21:26 »

How many from my area?

On the other hand the LA area is so huge I don't see why they don't have enough people for a meet up. Maybe it's that high nerd ratio in the bay haha

LA area is huge and they have a few meetups but it's a pain to get anywhere on LA from anywhere else.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #214 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 20:40:14 »

How many from my area?

LA area is huge and they have a few meetups but it's a pain to get anywhere on LA from anywhere else.

Tell me about it. I doubt there is anyone within a 30 mile radius of me. Getting anywhere cool for me is a pain >.>

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #215 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 11:59:26 »
Sorry for the delay. I came home last night and was totally beat. Everything should be up to date. As per usual if anything looks wrong please PM me.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #216 on: Mon, 22 December 2014, 14:43:50 »
Just fyi, nuclear, I've seen the invoice.  I can't pay at the moment because PayPal is being difficult and locked my account when it was an error on their end.  Long story short, I've been fighting with them for weeks now so I'm not sure when they'll cooperate. :(

Offline Digitize

« Reply #217 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 01:01:43 »
I have a question. I have no clue how to put these in my keyboards. Brand new mechanical keyboards and just want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I actually start taking things apart.

I've read up about the SIP sockets and they are very convenient (<-don't know why that word convenient looked so weird when I was spelling it). I really like the idea of being able to swap out led colors as I choose. I know where they are installed in. Inside the MX switch which I know I am going to have to open the switch up to access the led placement.

So I'm getting a poker II soon. I want to put these SIP sockets in so I can swap led colors to my liking when I get new keycaps. The question is do I have to desolder everything? Like the switch and all to install the SIP socket. Well I didn't even know these existed before so I got the poker II with led backlighting. I know I'm going to have to desolder the leds on those switches but do I have to completely desolder the MX switch from the pcb and plate? Or can I just desolder the led out and install the SIP sockets?

I don't know what to do. Help?  :(

Offline keyit

« Reply #218 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 01:18:07 »
I have a question. I have no clue how to put these in my keyboards. Brand new mechanical keyboards and just want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I actually start taking things apart.

I've read up about the SIP sockets and they are very convenient (<-don't know why that word convenient looked so weird when I was spelling it). I really like the idea of being able to swap out led colors as I choose. I know where they are installed in. Inside the MX switch which I know I am going to have to open the switch up to access the led placement.

So I'm getting a poker II soon. I want to put these SIP sockets in so I can swap led colors to my liking when I get new keycaps. The question is do I have to desolder everything? Like the switch and all to install the SIP socket. Well I didn't even know these existed before so I got the poker II with led backlighting. I know I'm going to have to desolder the leds on those switches but do I have to completely desolder the MX switch from the pcb and plate? Or can I just desolder the led out and install the SIP sockets?

you will need to desolder everything in order to get the switch off the plate then to open the switch up and install the sip sockets
boop

Offline Digitize

« Reply #219 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 01:32:33 »

you will need to desolder everything in order to get the switch off the plate then to open the switch up and install the sip sockets

Thanks for the quick answer. Hmmm seems like I got a lot of work to do. Going to take it one step at a time. :)

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #220 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 02:06:11 »
Just fyi, nuclear, I've seen the invoice.  I can't pay at the moment because PayPal is being difficult and locked my account when it was an error on their end.  Long story short, I've been fighting with them for weeks now so I'm not sure when they'll cooperate. :(

Thanks for the head's up. Hopefully they relent soon. Your order won't be cancelled.

Likewise anyone who hasn't yet paid and is not literally about to do so, please PM me letting me know that you still intend to pay (and when if you know) so I can make sure you're still in the game. It will help me out a whole lot <3.

Offline Evi1_0ne

« Reply #221 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 03:39:58 »

Thanks for the head's up. Hopefully they relent soon. Your order won't be cancelled.

Likewise anyone who hasn't yet paid and is not literally about to do so, please PM me letting me know that you still intend to pay (and when if you know) so I can make sure you're still in the game. It will help me out a whole lot <3.

How many people will it take not to pay for this buy not to go through?  I see there are lots of pending invoices due.

Ducky Shine 3 YOTS - Ducky Shine 3 DK9008 - Ducky G2 DK9008 - Ducky G2 Pro DK9008 grey/blue PBT

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #222 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 10:56:23 »

How many people will it take not to pay for this buy not to go through?  I see there are lots of pending invoices due.

At this point, I can make this group buy happen. If absolutely nobody else paid, everything might get a bit more expensive but it will still happen. That would totally suck logistically though, so let's hope that doesn't happen.  ;D

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #223 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 11:19:44 »
If need be and nuclear needs the cash before you can get your account sorted, I will cover your order and you can pay me when your PP is working again.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #224 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 11:34:09 »
If need be and nuclear needs the cash before you can get your account sorted, I will cover your order and you can pay me when your PP is working again.

Thanks for the offer swill but it won't be necessary. <3

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #225 on: Thu, 25 December 2014, 04:13:47 »
Unless your invoice is wrong, please pay it. If you can't pay it imminently, please at least let me know when you intend to.

Thanks and Merry Whatever Forever,
Steven!

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #226 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 13:58:20 »

Thanks for the offer but I got it working finally the other day. :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 December 2014, 13:59:55 by Sent »

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #227 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 13:06:31 »
I updated the list for those who paid. There was one new order that I haven't added or invoiced yet so do not panic if that was you.

If something looks wrong please PM me. I'll be out again tonight and tomorrow and back tomorrow evening. Enough of the funds are in that I'm ready pay the LED vendor. I want to get them ordered because they'll take way longer to ship than Mouser. I'll let everyone know once that's done. The SIP socket order will follow almost immediately.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #228 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 16:29:55 »
Some folks are asking, tiers are fixed but orders are still very welcome. New orders will need to pay the invoice or contact me with a payment date within 24 hours of receipt or face cancellation.

Anyone who has been invoiced with an unpaid order who has not PM'd me will have their order cancelled on January 5.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #229 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 20:59:49 »
If you want to place an order. Now is a good time to do it because I'm going to finish dinner and process the incoming ones.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #230 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 22:53:22 »
If you want to place an order. Now is a good time to do it because I'm going to finish dinner and process the incoming ones.

All orders up to now have been processed and invoiced. I've resumed contact with the LED vendor and will be placing the order as soon as I can.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #231 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 23:07:47 »
Awesome. Thanks for getting this rolling so quickly! How long do you think shipping from the vendors will take?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #232 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 23:12:34 »
Awesome. Thanks for getting this rolling so quickly! How long do you think shipping from the vendors will take?

From my China buying experiences, expect a month if it's on hand.

Offline Evi1_0ne

« Reply #233 on: Tue, 30 December 2014, 23:23:20 »

All orders up to now have been processed and invoiced. I've resumed contact with the LED vendor and will be placing the order as soon as I can.

Looks like 2 new orders, and the previous  unpaid invoices are still unpaid.  The LED costs should be covered by the extra money from all the sips that were paid for, now if all the unpaid invoices remain unpaid, do we fall below a pricing tier for the SIPs? 

Ducky Shine 3 YOTS - Ducky Shine 3 DK9008 - Ducky G2 DK9008 - Ducky G2 Pro DK9008 grey/blue PBT

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #234 on: Wed, 31 December 2014, 01:43:49 »

Looks like 2 new orders, and the previous  unpaid invoices are still unpaid.  The LED costs should be covered by the extra money from all the sips that were paid for, now if all the unpaid invoices remain unpaid, do we fall below a pricing tier for the SIPs?

Tiers are fixed. If invoices go unpaid it just means I'll be buying more SIP sockets than I intended to. It'll suck for my own finances and anyone who defaults without letting me know will be banned from any of my future buys but it won't ruin me or stall the group buy.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #235 on: Wed, 31 December 2014, 01:53:57 »

Tiers are fixed. If invoices go unpaid it just means I'll be buying more SIP sockets than I intended to. It'll suck for my own finances and anyone who defaults without letting me know will be banned from any of my future buys but it won't ruin me or stall the group buy.

If that happens, let me know. I'm interested in more sip sockets, but don't currently have funds. By the time the buy ends though, I'll be able to pick up an extra 2-300.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #236 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 00:32:59 »
If that happens, let me know. I'm interested in more sip sockets, but don't currently have funds. By the time the buy ends though, I'll be able to pick up an extra 2-300.

Hokay. I'll let everyone know when add-on orders are open. At the moment I don't have good organization around re-invoicing folks who've already paid.

Been busy with house guests over the holidays and focusing on shipping negotiations with the LED vendor. As soon as they send me the updated purchase order and shipping charge I can place the order.

Offline Evi1_0ne

« Reply #237 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 02:04:49 »

Hokay. I'll let everyone know when add-on orders are open. At the moment I don't have good organization around re-invoicing folks who've already paid.

Been busy with house guests over the holidays and focusing on shipping negotiations with the LED vendor. As soon as they send me the updated purchase order and shipping charge I can place the order.

Nice work man.  I know I've been really busy over the holidays myself.  This unfortunately coincided with the Holidays which made your time even more valuable.  Just wanted to say thanks for doing this for all of us.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #238 on: Sat, 03 January 2015, 12:07:08 »
Orders and Group buy status updated. Anyone with an unpaid order who does not contact me by the 5th will be dropped from the buy and banned from my future group buys. If you can't pay, that's a shame but understandable. If you go noncomm, you're letting folks down and that's no good.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #239 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 22:48:09 »
Invoice Paid. Sorry it took a while but thanks for giving me some time to pay it off =).

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #240 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 16:29:04 »
This evening after work I'll be processing the banlist for unpaid and un-notified orders. I have finally finished negotiations with the LED vendor and have a purchase order I'm satisfied with.

As always, feel free to post any questions although if they're specific to your order please PM them rather than discuss them publicly.

:thumb: sammich.

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #241 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 16:51:45 »
Thanks for doing this again. Excited for the SIP pins and LEDs!

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #242 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 17:04:06 »
I am also excited for mine.

Offline minh278

• In life we will only fall, How far will we fall?
« Reply #243 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 17:12:45 »
Can't wait to see the pretty, pretty colors in real life.
Keyboards:  Final Fantasy XI XIth Anniversary keyboard (topre 45g) | Realforce Rgb (topre 45g, Eva Noctilucous keyset) | Mionix Zibal 60 (mx black, Vortex doubleshot) | Greymark (white alps) | IBM model M (found in the trash!)

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #244 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 17:45:26 »
I hope shipping is quick from the vendors! I need the leds and sip sockets for my Viper!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #245 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 18:06:14 »
Eek!  Banlist sounds scary //hurries to make sure he actually paid//
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #246 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 11:34:06 »
Sorry I keep saying there will be updates and then not doing anything. A family emergency took all my attention last night and today. I'll update the list as soon as I have some time. Use this chance to pay, or at least give me a head's up that you aren't going to!

Offline Digitize

« Reply #247 on: Wed, 07 January 2015, 11:40:52 »
Sorry I keep saying there will be updates and then not doing anything. A family emergency took all my attention last night and today. I'll update the list as soon as I have some time. Use this chance to pay, or at least give me a head's up that you aren't going to!

I hope everything is okay with your family.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #248 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 15:36:29 »
Hey, sorry I paid so late, I was not very active on GH in the past few months and I decided to check the GBs where I am in today. Even though I was sure that I paid everything I decided to make a safety check for this GB and I saw that I didn't pay :0 Everything should be fine now I hope!

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #249 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 16:08:19 »

No problem, nuclear.  Family does come first and thanks for keeping us in the loop.