Author Topic: [IC] GMK WoB 40s, Colevrak+ and R0/R5 (GB live 23rd March!)  (Read 55535 times)

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
Re: [IC] GMK WoB 40s+, Colevrak+ and R0/R5 (Pricing + GB Date announced)
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 10:21:03 »
Any thoughs of doing a classic beige version of this in the far off future? AFAIK that colorway almost as ubiquitous as WoB.

That'd be great for me.

There was a 9009 40% kit ran by TheVan Keyboards in 2018, which has the same colors as classic beige. Maybe The Key Company could run it in the future.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline ttom

• Formerly tvaro
« Reply #201 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 10:26:29 »
Any thoughs of doing a classic beige version of this in the far off future? AFAIK that colorway almost as ubiquitous as WoB.

That'd be great for me.

There was a 9009 40% kit ran by TheVan Keyboards in 2018, which has the same colors as classic beige. Maybe The Key Company could run it in the future.

Given how 9009 R3 just ran with R5 bottom row and a 40s kit I don’t really see the need to be honest
Hoarder Collector and designer

Classifieds

Offline equalunique

« Reply #202 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 10:59:08 »

That'd be great for me.

Given how 9009 R3 just ran with R5 bottom row and a 40s kit I don’t really see the need to be honest
Yeah, 9009 R3 had all of that. One thing it didn't have was a Colevrak/Typist kit. ;)

But also, 9009 R3 changed modifier legend alignment, so a 9009 R3 40s kit isn't perfectly backwards compatible with either previous 9009 kits or other classic beige style sets.

Mind-blowingly, the 9009 R3 kit was also missing a R4/R5 "Fn" key, which is part of the default Planck keymap. There is one render of 9009 R3 on a Let's Split out there and it's comical to see them use 2x "Code" or "System" or whatever keys they had to put on the bottom left side, because the "Fn" key was missing.

The original 9009 ortho kit (I bought one from DixieMech) was far superior to the 9009 R3 one, both in the variety of legends, and accented modifier keys offered. It seems to me there are people who specifically avoided 9009 R3 because of those shortcomings.
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 February 2020, 14:26:37 by equalunique »

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #203 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 11:01:43 »
Colevrak+ would work for me in classic retro beige.

Either way, with these prices, I’m definitely in for multiple kits of the wob colevrak+ kit, possibly also of the 40s kit too.

Offline ttom

• Formerly tvaro
« Reply #204 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 18:03:22 »

That'd be great for me.

Yeah, 9009 R3 had all of that. One thing it didn't have was a Colevrak/Typist kit. ;)

But also, 9009 R3 changed modifier legend alignment, so a 9009 R3 40s kit isn't perfectly backwards compatible with either previous 9009 kits or other classic beige style sets.

Mind-blowingly, the 9009 R3 kit was also missing a R4/R5 "Fn" key, which is part of the default Planck keymap. There is one render of 9009 R3 on a Let's Split out there and it's comical to see them use 2x "Code" or "System" or whatever keys they had to put on the bottom left side, because the "Fn" key was missing.

The original 9009 ortho kit (I bought one from DixieMech) was far superior to the 9009 R3 one, both in the variety of legends, and accented modifier keys offered. It seems to me there are people who specifically avoided 9009 R3 because of those shortcomings.

WoB had none of these, whereas 9009 R3 just had a few small nitpicks with the keys as it seems - nowhere enough reason to warrant 40s or R0 kits in my opinion.

On the other hand, colevrak+ might be an option but let’s see how this goes first. It’s pretty niche so even 100 MOQ might be a bit of a stretch here in my opinion, but I’m confident this’ll be produced regardless though.

Classifieds

Offline sujikinen

« Reply #205 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 21:13:34 »
really exciting this is happening.
I am also interested in beige version of Colevrak+.

everybody please show your love to kits on first day of GB.
this would help for those who hesitate to place their order
and give confidence to cross the MOQ.

Offline bigapplepietart

• Topre Convert
« Reply #206 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 09:20:48 »
This completes my hbcp!
Current:
Palmetto (Ultraglides) | Heavy Grail (Purple DES V1) | hiney tkl one PC (Orange SKCM Alps) | Lunar II (Green SKCL Alps) | Sho S60 V2 (45g stock domes) | HHKB Hybrid Type-S

Past:
Razer Blackwidow (MX Blues) | FC660M (MX Blues) | GH60 (Ergo Clears) | 8x mkI (Vintage Blacks) | Klippe (Sakurios) | Equinox (Sakurios) | MGA (Silent Alpacas) | Kei (Creamsicles) | KFE CE (Alpacas) | Rukia R1 (Durock L7) | H60 (Silent Blacks) | E80-1800 (MX Blacks) | Ottantaquattro (Vintage Blacks) | hbcp (Vintage Blacks) | HHKB Pro 2 Stock (45g Topre) | ADK64 (Blue SKCM Alps)

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #207 on: Wed, 19 February 2020, 03:50:40 »
I had a jovial exchange with user stoffelduss on another thread, it seems several potential buyers may be put off by the fact that GMK WOB is not available *right now*.

If it encourages people to decide to join, I think it's worth stating that I don't have a GMK WOB set yet, and I'm planning on buying in, because I'm confident that it will become available again, at least on drop.com.

But in case doubt still remains, why don't you go over to the WOB page on drop.com and request the drop (big 'REQUEST' button on the right as you scroll down) - the more requests, the sooner it will be available again, and there's the added bonus of being notified when it returns!

Offline ttom

• Formerly tvaro
« Reply #208 on: Wed, 19 February 2020, 04:07:55 »
I had a jovial exchange with user stoffelduss on another thread, it seems several potential buyers may be put off by the fact that GMK WOB is not available *right now*.

If it encourages people to decide to join, I think it's worth stating that I don't have a GMK WOB set yet, and I'm planning on buying in, because I'm confident that it will become available again, at least on drop.com.

But in case doubt still remains, why don't you go over to the WOB page on drop.com and request the drop (big 'REQUEST' button on the right as you scroll down) - the more requests, the sooner it will be available again, and there's the added bonus of being notified when it returns!

Thanks <3

Furthermore, I reached out to drop around a month ago and asked about this. This is what I was told:

GMK has a pretty big lead time right now (somewhere between 20 and 30 weeks - possibly less with the upgrades they're making though), so I'm absolutely positive you'll be able to get your hands on a set of WoB before these ship  :thumb:

Classifieds

Offline Shadohhh

« Reply #209 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 17:49:51 »
Thanks ttom for the update. I will keep a note this starts at the end of march.

Offline PlastikSchnittstelle

« Reply #210 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 03:23:48 »
I'm super happy with all updates!
Keep going!

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
Re: [IC] GMK WoB 40s+, Colevrak+ and R0/R5 (GB starting March 23rd!)
« Reply #211 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 16:16:14 »
Ladies and gentlenerds: GMK WOB is live on drop.com: https://drop.com/buy/gmk-white-on-black-custom-keycap-set?utm_source=appshare&referer=XKT9T2

I’ve ordered mine already, go and get yours too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #212 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 16:43:06 »
Ladies and gentlenerds: GMK WOB is live on drop.com: https://drop.com/buy/gmk-white-on-black-custom-keycap-set?utm_source=appshare&referer=XKT9T2

I’ve ordered mine already, go and get yours too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just ordered my second set, as I had purchased this set when this Colevrak IC first became a thing.

This drop will constantly happen. It's WoB. It's classic and goes with everything. Nobody should worry about not having a full set for when this extension kit drops. Worst case scenario you just wait 4-6 months for massdrop to run GMK WoB again.

Offline Sunhwan Jeong

« Reply #213 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 21:49:51 »
You know, Drop WoB added BoW accent ESC in the base kit. (This morning!!)
Do you have any plan to add BoW ESC keys with height r0?
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 March 2020, 22:45:43 by Sunhwan Jeong »

Offline ttom

• Formerly tvaro
« Reply #214 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 13:37:19 »
You know, Drop WoB added BoW accent ESC in the base kit. (This morning!!)
Do you have any plan to add BoW ESC keys with height r0?

kits are final, sorry

Classifieds

Offline ttom

• Formerly tvaro
« Reply #215 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 13:28:45 »
Hi everyone - less than a week to go until the GB starts! I added some renders to the main body of the post with the stunning UD_40 which mykeyboard.eu is running soon.

Also - my friend nvmbra is running a kit alongside this which will go into the same production run but otherwise have no real affiliation with this. here's the form, which is open from now already and will be linked in the gb thread too for anybody that's interested. he's buying these out and will definitely get produced - more information is in the form.

https://forms.gle/b3WtEmcYpJ9JxSUE7

« Last Edit: Wed, 18 March 2020, 13:32:10 by ttom »

Classifieds

Offline equalunique

« Reply #216 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 19:55:19 »
I wish that UD_40 had a 2-column wide macro key cluster on the left side. If a version of it like that runs down the line, then I'll buy.

Offline ttom

• Formerly tvaro
Re: [IC] GMK WoB 40s, Colevrak+ and R0/R5 (Awaiting GB thread approval)
« Reply #217 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 20:20:46 »
GB thread is live:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=105239.0

Locking this now, should be going live on proxies tomorrow and will update links as they go up

Classifieds