Author Topic: Question; will light shine through white PBT keys?  (Read 3315 times)

Offline poprocks

Question; will light shine through white PBT keys?
« on: Sun, 07 April 2013, 09:48:13 »
So a few days ago I recievedmy Duckyshine II 9008, the moment I got it hit me that this keyboard needed to have clean white keys on it so I ordered white on white PBT keys.

My question, does anyone know if the back lighting on my keyboard would actually shine through the white lettering on the keys?

If not my second question would be, does anyone know where one would purchase replacement keys that would allow light to pass through the lettering.

Keys: http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=139
Keyboard: http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=156

Thanks for your time,
Pat

« Last Edit: Sun, 07 April 2013, 09:50:43 by poprocks »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: Question; will light shine through white PBT keys?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 07 April 2013, 09:54:12 »
If they're thin, they'll probably shine through, not just the legends, but the whole cap, which you'll mist likely see the most at the place were the LED is. There are some sets on that same site, they're called Ducky Shine sets. They come in grey, black, and purple, and have clear legends for letting light through.

Offline poprocks

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 07 April 2013, 10:00:44 »
You are intelligent sir. Thank you, I should have found those myself. Shame on me.

Now I must decide how badly I want white keycaps. To sacrifice the legend backlighting or not! that is the question!

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 07 April 2013, 10:28:38 »
The Vortex white keycaps backlight really well.  Here is a picture of my Race with those keycaps and full backlighting.

18006-0

- Ron | samwisekoi
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 April 2013, 10:35:10 by samwisekoi »
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case