Author Topic: [IC] Granite Round 2  (Read 247390 times)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [IC] Granite Round 2
« Reply #700 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 08:44:40 »
Wow.  Wait for pay day to make the purchase and they close it.  I am not happy. 

This crap would not have happened with a traditional GB on the forums.  Makes me miss the old system even more.

That was gonna be my first purchase through MD, this is not a fun first experience.   >:D

Offline osi

« Reply #701 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 08:50:23 »
Seems as if MD pulled out early.

Massdrop* - The maximum amount of mass that can be dropped appears to be ~3000 individual orders

Offline Data

« Reply #702 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 08:53:32 »
Wow.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #703 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 08:59:27 »
/wrist .Did not even know it was running untill it was gone.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #704 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 09:00:01 »
Sorry for repost, there is something not right with the site :(

Offline madik

« Reply #705 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 09:01:56 »
I bet its just some unexpected behaviour of their website. But one would have guessed that it would be already fixed. Are they west coast located? There is still erly morning isnt it?

Offline abjr

• abjr.org
« Reply #706 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 09:06:08 »
That was gonna be my first purchase through MD, this is not a fun first experience.   >:D

Ditto. Although I was just procrastinating since I thought I had 2 more days. Luckily I did get in on R1, but I wanted a few more sets (Mono Legends, Specialty, etc.)

It seems to me that MD was not really set up for a this kind of "drop" with multiple kits. One thing I don't understand is how their operation really works. Do they just collect the money and the orders and then pass on to SP the order list and their cut of the money? Or does SP actually manufacture the caps, send them to MD and MD ships them out? The second scenario seems kind of unlikely and I'm sure SP can handle an order of any size. Although maybe there is a limit for the PMK side of the operation. Just really weird or maybe it's just a glitch and we can all stop complaining soon :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 August 2014, 09:09:28 by abjr »
CM QFR | magicforce 68 (Gateron) | magicforce 68 (Outemu) | Acros 6311-K

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #707 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 09:11:00 »
Are they west coast located? There is still erly morning isnt it?

Yep, they're in the SF Bay area.

Offline Data

« Reply #708 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 09:11:51 »
Massdrop does all the order fulfillment on every drop.  They take the orders and money and deal directly with the manufacturer.  They're a middleman both coming and going.

Offline abjr

• abjr.org
« Reply #709 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 09:22:48 »
Massdrop does all the order fulfillment on every drop.  They take the orders and money and deal directly with the manufacturer.  They're a middleman both coming and going.

I stand corrected. Thanks for clarifying.

Offline justnits

« Reply #710 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 09:29:47 »
sigh...major disappointment...no warning no nothing...poof  :'(
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline Gh05tx

« Reply #711 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 09:32:03 »
Just curious why did you guys wait till payday? They charge at the end of the drop.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #712 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 09:42:46 »
They charge at the end, but you need the money in order to be put on hold by the system :(
I was afraid that something like that would happen after I saw how many orders were placed so I made arrangements to pay early (don't know why I had that feeling I didn't had any past experience with MD or insider info, just my gut telling me not to wait too long or maybe because there was a GB here on GH where I saw 6 days remaining, waited for my paycheck only to see that it ended sooner because they met their target MOQ)
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 August 2014, 09:46:05 by DanielT »
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #713 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 09:56:26 »
Just curious why did you guys wait till payday? They charge at the end of the drop.

did not even know it was running, checked gb thread continusly. Must have missed the announcement.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #714 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 10:01:31 »
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately not. There was a maximum quantity on the Granite Keycap Set drop and it was quickly reached.

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience!

Best,

Deanna

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #715 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 10:07:23 »
Well, this sucks big time, but I guess the success of Round 2 basically guarantees a Round 3 in the future ;)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #716 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 10:11:16 »
Well, this sucks big time, but I guess the success of Round 2 basically guarantees a Round 3 in the future ;)

don't know....

Offline SL89

« Reply #717 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 10:15:52 »
So its over? I thought this was unlimited... i didn't get to place any of my orders.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #718 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 10:17:33 »

don't know....

Is this your call or is it Massdrop's decision?

Offline Hanni

« Reply #719 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 10:25:24 »
It will guarantee a "no more massdrop" for any stuff... welcome back to AMAZON !

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #720 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 11:11:33 »
Did anyone in the USA order the Windows key kit and not want the 1x's?  I've got a lot of other Granite keys to trade including the international set, v1 gamer etc.

Offline Tindron

« Reply #721 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 11:15:44 »
Well, this is awful.  I had a trip planned and today is the first time I had a chance to sit down and pick the sets I needed.  Guess it'll be blank keys for my ergodox..

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #722 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 12:23:59 »
Wow.  Wait for pay day to make the purchase and they close it.  I am not happy. 

This crap would not have happened with a traditional GB on the forums.  Makes me miss the old system even more.

Ditto, I hope to never see another group buy run through MD.
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #723 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 12:32:29 »
MD should have indicated on the buy page that they would have a maximum quantity. The fact they didn't is very odd.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #724 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 12:38:04 »
hold tight guys, I talked with MD, everything will make sense very shortly.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #725 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 12:41:43 »
hold tight guys, I talked with MD, everything will make sense very shortly.
But I just got my pitchfork out!  :)) Glad to hear you are in talks with them, the unexpected end caught many of us by surprise
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #726 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 13:21:49 »
R3 now? :) if they open some kind of extra orders while im sleeping, im gonna be mighty pissed!

Offline abjr

• abjr.org
« Reply #727 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 14:07:56 »
I just got a join now button ....claiming 1 day left.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #728 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 14:09:06 »
Looks like its back up  ;D

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #729 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 14:16:34 »
Here is Andrew's post just now explaining the situation:

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for the confusion on this drop, here’s a quick explanation:

When we (matt3o and massdrop) launched this drop, Signature Plastics (SP) gave us production and shipping times for a couple thousand kits.

When the drop exceeded 2000 sets earlier this week, we spoke with SP and asked for an updated production and shipping estimate. Based on the new quantity, SP is estimating fulfillment times will increase by roughly 10-15 days.

In the interest of those participating, we closed the drop. However, based on the demand and limited nature of this drop, we have decided to re-open the drop at the request of matt3o.

In an effort to decrease production times, we’ve already asked SP to start producing keycap sets.

Shipping times will increase for all existing participants, but your fellow enthusiasts appreciate your patience.

Thanks for supporting the world’s largest keycap group-buy (calling Guinness...) and we’ll do everything possible to expedite fulfillment.

TLDR: Buy has reopened, but production and shipping times will increase due to the buy exceeding SP production limits. MD ended the buy early because it will take 10-15 days more to produce more than 2000 units.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #730 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 14:17:50 »
I was able to add the key puller to my previous order, but I had to pay for shipping again.
I'm really hoping they don't charge for that, as it would be ridiculous.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline Mercury7

« Reply #731 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 14:19:34 »
Oh good, its the Poker 2 with clears all over again

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #732 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 14:21:49 »
What happened with that?
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #733 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 14:24:26 »
Here is Andrew's post just now explaining the situation:

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for the confusion on this drop, here’s a quick explanation:

When we (matt3o and massdrop) launched this drop, Signature Plastics (SP) gave us production and shipping times for a couple thousand kits.

When the drop exceeded 2000 sets earlier this week, we spoke with SP and asked for an updated production and shipping estimate. Based on the new quantity, SP is estimating fulfillment times will increase by roughly 10-15 days.

In the interest of those participating, we closed the drop. However, based on the demand and limited nature of this drop, we have decided to re-open the drop at the request of matt3o.

In an effort to decrease production times, we’ve already asked SP to start producing keycap sets.

Shipping times will increase for all existing participants, but your fellow enthusiasts appreciate your patience.

Thanks for supporting the world’s largest keycap group-buy (calling Guinness...) and we’ll do everything possible to expedite fulfillment.

TLDR: Buy has reopened, but production and shipping times will increase due to the buy exceeding SP production limits. MD ended the buy early because it will take 10-15 days more to produce more than 2000 units.

TLDR - Matt3o is the ****ing man  :cool:

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #734 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 14:24:49 »
What happened with that?

Originally MD offered Poker 2 with clear switches, a completely new combination never seen before and people went crazy for them. Later it turns out it was a miscommunication and the producer couldn't make any at the time, so MD had to cancel everybody's orders. However, they made good by finally having a group buy with Poker clears, and made hundreds of sales. So it all worked out in the end, but there was a mishap that first time.

Offline Mercury7

« Reply #735 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 14:47:24 »
Saying it all worked out is a big disingenuous; it was a total **** show. MD managed to create a genuine poker with clears group buy but didn't mention anything about a manufacturing cap, just that it was an exclusive one time only way to get poker with clears from the manufacturer. Turns out they had a 300 unit cap which they kept quiet until the buy sold out. After much complaining they then went and upped the cap to 600 units, and in turn increased the lead time by 3 weeks or so, which wasn't taken nicely by those who bought the original 300 expecting a fairly quick turn around. Then recently Massdrop decided that the exclusive one off thing got in the way of them making money so they quietly removed it from all of the pages related to the buy and started hinting at selling more of them. The lack of communication and haphazard/change of direction decisions made on that buy left much distaste in many buyers mouths. This granite buy seems to be no different.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 August 2014, 14:50:13 by Mercury7 »

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #736 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 15:24:16 »
Saying it all worked out is a big disingenuous; it was a total **** show. MD managed to create a genuine poker with clears group buy but didn't mention anything about a manufacturing cap, just that it was an exclusive one time only way to get poker with clears from the manufacturer. Turns out they had a 300 unit cap which they kept quiet until the buy sold out. After much complaining they then went and upped the cap to 600 units, and in turn increased the lead time by 3 weeks or so, which wasn't taken nicely by those who bought the original 300 expecting a fairly quick turn around. Then recently Massdrop decided that the exclusive one off thing got in the way of them making money so they quietly removed it from all of the pages related to the buy and started hinting at selling more of them. The lack of communication and haphazard/change of direction decisions made on that buy left much distaste in many buyers mouths. This granite buy seems to be no different.

Ah, well I missed all that nonsense then since I got a poker with browns before that buy. At least in this granite buy Matt3o decided to continue with the buy.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #737 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 15:27:04 »
Just sent in and ordered everything ... Happy guy!!!

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #738 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 16:45:54 »
Matt3o saves the day!

So... who wants to trade me the /r/MK key from the common kit for something from the Gamer kit? Space Invader maybe??
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
MICE >>
More
COMPUTER >>
More

Offline Mercury7

« Reply #739 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 17:09:23 »
Estimated shipping date: November 7th, 2014.

Extremely disappointed that Massdrop wasn't upfront about the manufacturing cap and the delay on shipments due to it. Would have much rather seen 2 batches ship rather than pushing back everything. This is the same thing they pulled with the Poker 2 clears and it really does a disservice to those who bought in early expecting to get what Massdrop is offering.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #740 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 17:23:17 »
7 november , with usual MassDrop delay , and being in europe , i can't expect it before december , still considering closing my order
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline feizor

« Reply #741 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 17:48:19 »
Estimated shipping date: November 7th, 2014.

Extremely disappointed that Massdrop wasn't upfront about the manufacturing cap and the delay on shipments due to it. Would have much rather seen 2 batches ship rather than pushing back everything. This is the same thing they pulled with the Poker 2 clears and it really does a disservice to those who bought in early expecting to get what Massdrop is offering.

Anything to increase the bottom line right?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #742 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 17:52:38 »
batch 2 should have waited 8 weeks... meaning holiday season, meaning more realistically 12 weeks.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #743 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 17:58:33 »
So no hope for early orders to get it shipped before November ?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Hanni

« Reply #744 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 18:18:12 »
Matt3o saves the day!
Thank you Matt3o, great job !

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #745 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 18:21:47 »
Matt3o saves the day!

So... who wants to trade me the /r/MK key from the common kit for something from the Gamer kit? Space Invader maybe??

I'm not positive which direction your asking to trade but if you're asking for someone to trade you their /r/mk key and you will give them a space invader key I am definitely down for that  :cool:

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #746 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 19:18:42 »
Matt3o saves the day!

I'm not positive which direction your asking to trade but if you're asking for someone to trade you their /r/mk key and you will give them a space invader key I am definitely down for that  :cool:
Exactly! I have a GH key and two base sets from round 1 so I didn't want a third just to get the /r/MK key.  Now we just have to wait for November :thumb:
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
MICE >>
More
COMPUTER >>
More

Offline barihunk

« Reply #747 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 00:15:42 »

Amen on that. They are a new platform but a number of recent drops have left a bad taste in my mouth. Super annoyed that they delayed shipping for the entire group just to re-open the orders, but then again I was procrastinating and would've been super pissed if I had missed the GB.

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #748 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 04:16:26 »
Do I need any special set for JD40?(40% keyboard)
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 August 2014, 04:31:31 by tyvar1 »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #749 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 04:36:04 »
Check un the Green Tea IC thread, there is a JD40 kit mockup, I think that is a good orientation picture :)
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....