Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 808 times)

Offline TheUnlawfulWaffle

Greetings
« on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 13:44:38 »
Well it's been almost 1 year and I haven't really said too much or given a formal introduction, so allow me to take the time to do that now.

Hey.

It was the Toxic group buy that lead me to this site last year. This was shortly after I had sold my Ducky Shine to acquire a Poker 2 with blues. After a wonderful, albeit noisy year with the Poker, it's time to head towards greener pastures. Tomorrow (assuming FedEx's tracking is on point) I'll be taking my first step towards keyboard adulthood and getting my hands on my first Topre board, an HHKB Pro 2. I look forward to another year of lurking, learning, commenting, and of course hunting for caps with you all.

Offline whentheclouds

Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 20:06:37 »
wow, i went back to check and i've been registered here for over a year. didn't really participate much myself until last summer. hope you had a productive time lurking, i know i learned plenty :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Greetings
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 04:38:47 »
A belated Welcome to Geekhack!

And now the Toxic sets are being shipped - there is much excitement!

When you said greener pastures, I though you meant something with MX greens :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ