Author Topic: Shine III  (Read 20250 times)

Offline expired

Re: Shine III
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 18 July 2013, 07:20:01 »
I hope you receive Shine III TKL ETA soon.. I don't wanna buy a Shine III full-size when It comes out then a TKL. But if TKL is going to be release very late this year maybe I buy Shine III full size.

Offline yuki x3

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 15:35:21 »
Me too, I'm very excited by a possibility of a TKL version. Hope it will be released during end of August/beginning of September.  :D

Offline ShakeR

• http://mechanicalkeyboards.com
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 15:40:03 »
Appreciate the info - does that ETA also cover the YotS board?

YOTS was originally supposed to come out mid-July.  So far, it's been pushed back to early - mid August.  Using mechanical keyboard math, it should be here before 2014... We'll update everyone once it's 'on the plane'.
MechanicalKeyboards.com - What do you type on?

Offline tormentor

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 15:45:01 »
So stoked for this keyboard! I'll be skipping out on the YOTS edition, regrettably,  as I just spent a ton of money on computer parts building my new rig.  The standard Shine 3 is looking real sexy though so I think I'll get over it when I get one of these in a few months.

Offline Yzeets

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 16:28:03 »
hopefully people trade their YOTS space bars I want one for some reason

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 16:32:13 »
Personally I'm okay with the delay--I won't know which switch version to get for my wife until she has a go at the Ultimate Switch Tester, and I'm still a few people away from getting my grubby paws on it.

Looking forward to hearing how the mechanicalkeyboards.com replacement space bar bundling will work too.  :)

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 16:33:38 »
Maybe it's just my terrible opinion, but I think that logo over the arrow cluster is very odd to the uninitiated and would be best removed.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Yzeets

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 16:37:49 »
Maybe it's just my terrible opinion, but I think that logo over the arrow cluster is very odd to the uninitiated and would be best removed.

Do you have a picture of that? I didnt notice in any of the pictures

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 16:42:07 »
Sorry, I should have specified!!! I was talking about  the YOTD shine 3
More

Edit: sorry, I should have posted this in the YotD-specific thread to not be confusing.  Couldn't edit my posts for a while, as I messed up my keyboard firmware set up and had to redo it RQ!  Finally back to working again :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 July 2013, 16:57:17 by Photoelectric »

Offline JoshMK

• * Commercial Vendor
  • MechanicalKeyboards.com
    • MechanicalKeyboards
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 16:43:38 »
Maybe he was referring to the YOTS ?

Josh McConnell
MechanicalKeyboards.com
Josh@mechanicalkeyboards.com
615.266.1420 ext303

Offline lyrill

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 06:48:38 »
it's amazing how shine 3 has every feature the yots has, correct me if i am wrong.

it's also amazing that at least as someone who likes to get things first as a ritual/customary/habit and nothing else(i don't write reviews because I hate youtube for it's bloated and commercialized review content uploader community) Ducky is offering limited time of shine 3 with snake space bar(correc tme if i am wrong, again)

Offline ARod

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 07:25:28 »
So, on the site it shows YOTS incoming with an estimated arrival of August.  However, the Shine 3 are showing to arrive before then and we can place pre-orders for them.  Why can't we place pre-orders for the YOTS?  Is it due to being a little further out?

Offline JoshMK

• * Commercial Vendor
  • MechanicalKeyboards.com
    • MechanicalKeyboards
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 07:42:19 »
No pre-orders for YOTS at the moment. The ETA keeps getting pushed back, so we're holding off for now.
Josh McConnell
MechanicalKeyboards.com
Josh@mechanicalkeyboards.com
615.266.1420 ext303

Offline expired

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 11:25:11 »
Got my pre-order on Shine 3 Blue MX - Blue Leds <3 can't wait.

Offline bigsid05

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 14:14:25 »
Any firmer ETA on when the Shine 3s will be shipping out to pre-orderers (i.e. has the window narrowed any from the 2 week estimate)?

Offline ARod

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 16:42:18 »
Did my pre-order as well.  Blue LED with Browns.  Was going to hold out for YOTS but I didn't think the aluminum frame alone was worth the price bump.  Up next will be the Mini.   

Have some Shine 2 Dark Gray and White Keycaps I can use to mix it up so it will look very distinct once I change out some keycaps.

Yeah, I'm a Ducky ****.

Any word on different Shine keycap sets that will be incoming?  Would be nice to snatch up a Purple or Light Gray ABS set.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 18:29:07 »
It's Dark gray, sadly.  Not light like it's shown on promo photos.

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 13:36:11 »
it's amazing how shine 3 has every feature the yots has, correct me if i am wrong.

it's also amazing that at least as someone who likes to get things first as a ritual/customary/habit and nothing else(i don't write reviews because I hate youtube for it's bloated and commercialized review content uploader community) Ducky is offering limited time of shine 3 with snake space bar(correc tme if i am wrong, again)

To the best of my knowledge, Ducky planned on using the snake for all Shine 3s.  We went ahead and put an order in for our own compatible spacebars that we will include with all the Shine 3s we sell once the spacebars come in.

Offline lyrill

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 13:52:17 »

To the best of my knowledge, Ducky planned on using the snake for all Shine 3s.  We went ahead and put an order in for our own compatible spacebars that we will include with all the Shine 3s we sell once the spacebars come in.

will them come in in time for the first batch of shine 3? if not will  you still ship them out later for all of the earliest bird(buyer)?:)

Offline Jrwestcoast

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 20:54:35 »

Will your space bars also ship with the YOTS boards ?

Offline ARod

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 09:45:38 »
Will you be stocking any Shine III Chinese versions?

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 10:00:22 »

will them come in in time for the first batch of shine 3? if not will  you still ship them out later for all of the earliest bird(buyer)?:)

They won't be here in time, but we will ship them out when they come in.

Will your space bars also ship with the YOTS boards ?

Wasn't planning on it, but now I am :)

Will you be stocking any Shine III Chinese versions?

We keep trying to do this and for every one we sell 10 more sit on the shelf for 6+ months.  I'll start an interest check.

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 10:03:45 »
I've pre-ordered a Shine III, but missed out on the batch of MX Green/green LED versions that were up for micro-seconds yesterday.  Is there a chance you can get more Green/Green Shine III's?  And can I switch my pre-order to one of these, just on spec?   ;D

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 10:06:55 »
We haven't actually sold any of the Green MX / Green LED Shine 3s.  We didn't know they existed until yesterday.  We were only able to get (5).  We will more than likely do something special for these units as I doubt there's only 5 people who will want them lol

Offline ARod

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 10:08:01 »
We keep trying to do this and for every one we sell 10 more sit on the shelf for 6+ months.  I'll start an interest check.

If that's the case then you're better off just stocking keycap sets.  Bad business to get them if they require minimums and you only sell 10% right away.

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #75 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 10:11:24 »

If that's the case then you're better off just stocking keycap sets.  Bad business to get them if they require minimums and you only sell 10% right away.

Thanks for the tip ;)

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 10:16:24 »
We haven't actually sold any of the Green MX / Green LED Shine 3s.  We didn't know they existed until yesterday.  We were only able to get (5).  We will more than likely do something special for these units as I doubt there's only 5 people who will want them lol

Thanks!

Ever since I tried MX Greens, a full-size backlit Green/Green keyboard has been tops of my wish-list.  CM says they're going to offer some XT versions in that combo, but I'd prefer Ducky if possible.

Offline Jrwestcoast

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 12:06:12 »
Thanks for the reply will be keeping on eye out to try and get a per-order on one of the YOTS boards. :)

Offline ARod

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 13:09:45 »

Damn, I'd switch my pre-order to that if I could. 

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 16:20:50 »
Make that 2.  We only have 2 coming in.  We'll likely have a Facebook lottery to determine eligible buyers.

Offline ARod

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 19:36:33 »
Make that 2.  We only have 2 coming in.  We'll likely have a Facebook lottery to determine eligible buyers.

The irony....you will get more attention on these two boards than you will on YOTS  ;D

I'm in on that lottery.

Offline ARod

« Reply #81 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 09:34:29 »
Nice to see the ETA has been firmed up on the site.... August 7th - August 9th, 2013.

Offline bigsid05

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 19:19:46 »
Will Shines pre-ordered from MK be coming with the spacebar posted on Ducky's FB page?

Offline ARod

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 20:05:01 »
Yes.  They mentioned something about sending them separately if they had to. 

Offline bigsid05

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 20:37:08 »
Yes.  They mentioned something about sending them separately if they had to.

I'm not referring to the ones that MK had made, I'm talking about the ones that Ducky posted on facebook (as seen in this thread).

Offline ARod

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 11:25:58 »
Sorry big.  I don't know.  These guys are busy for sure getting the Shine 3 shipment from yesterday turned-around so I don't think we'll have an answer right away.  :D

Offline jameslr

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 11:45:33 »
I'm pretty sure the boards that MK is getting are from the launch event (initial 400 board run). MK is the primary distributor for Ducky here in North America. Nobody else but NCIX gets them as far as I know. You will most likely get the extra ducky spacebar + the additional spacebars that MK is giving you (total of 4 spacebars including snake). Pretty sweet deal IMO.
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline ARod

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 10:42:07 »
Thanks to Josh for taking care of the DSI mix up and letting me know what's up with the Shine III shipments. I ordered a DSI Big Font for my girlfriend's grandpa who is blind as a bat and they mistakenly sent me a DSI board that's worth $100.00 more.  At least it was a good mistake.  ;D

For those who have Shine III orders in, customs is releasing them to MK in batches based on how quickly they are inspecting them.  Josh said customs is inspecting every 40lbs box they receive before they release it to MK.

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 11:08:49 »
We will NOT be getting the custom space bars in for Shine 3 as Ducky decided in the final hour to add their own custom space bar with the Shine 3.  We were excited about this (just like we were excited about have the 'only' White LED Shine 2s last year), but it no longer makes sense for us to invest in these Spacebars if Ducky has basically taken the idea for themselves.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #89 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 03:23:15 »
We will NOT be getting the custom space bars in for Shine 3 as Ducky decided in the final hour to add their own custom space bar with the Shine 3.  We were excited about this (just like we were excited about have the 'only' White LED Shine 2s last year), but it no longer makes sense for us to invest in these Spacebars if Ducky has basically taken the idea for themselves.

Is it just a custom design they have, or is it a non-standard stem layout (like the older Leopolds)?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #90 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 12:41:33 »
The stem layout should be the same.  It's just a different space bar style (not a snake) that allows less light through with a more simplistic design.

Offline Tempest790

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 08:01:03 »
I see on the website you have more Shine III coming.

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 11:49:37 »
Hopefully in a week or two :)

Offline yuki x3

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 06 September 2013, 11:58:26 »
I saw some unboxing of the Shine 3 on YouTube and sadly, I do not notice any keychain... Is it normal or did MK.com forget to put one? I hope it will be back for the future bundles... :)

Offline lyrill

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 18:03:43 »
The stem layout should be the same.  It's just a different space bar style (not a snake) that allows less light through with a more simplistic design.
they're different stem. the stock one is much more reinforced than the other one, forcing me to directly never use the alt one ever...and that I think i will eventually not want the 3color spacebar and use something pbt /color painted insted

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 14:29:59 »
That's unfortunate.  It was a last minute adjustment so perhaps they did not have time to implement a quality substitute.

Offline Tempest790

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 18:19:37 »
Well, I got my Ducky Shine III, and I find that it's defective.  Bummer.  When I attempt to type on it, it will suddenly stop displaying characters and then suddenly go into turbo repeat mode giving me a string of characters (usually the "f" key).

A sentence wil        fffffffffffffffffffffff

Basically, it will look just like above.  Sucks.  Also, I see what people were saying about the replacement spacebar.  It's unusable anyway.  Ducky quality took a little dive here.  Hopefully, I can get a replacement soon.  Not have good luck with keyboards lately it seems.  Only positive is the red backlighting looks phenomenal.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 18:22:59 »
Apparently you can upgrade firmware on the Shine 3 - maybe that will help.

Or maybe not.

I have an older Shine 1 with red backlighting - I love it :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Tempest790

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 19:22:34 »
Thanks for the tip.  I downloaded the firmware and installed it, but no luck.

"Or maybe not" was the right answer.

This'll be getting shipped back probably tomorrow or by next week hopefully.  I'm glad that MK has another shipment coming in, so hopefully I can just swap it for another one.  Overall, I like the way the keyboard looks, I just need a good working one.

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 10:18:16 »
Thanks for the tip.  I downloaded the firmware and installed it, but no luck.

"Or maybe not" was the right answer.

This'll be getting shipped back probably tomorrow or by next week hopefully.  I'm glad that MK has another shipment coming in, so hopefully I can just swap it for another one.  Overall, I like the way the keyboard looks, I just need a good working one.

Make sure you installed the latest version.  The original version we had posted was replaced shortly thereafter.