Author Topic: [IC] GMK Ashes [2/25 Basalt Kit Added Back] (GB starts March 2nd)  (Read 131465 times)

Offline Zephyraeon

Re: [IC] GMK Ashes [2/17 Basalt Kit Removal Update] (GB starts March 2nd)
« Reply #300 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 13:16:17 »
Good Afternoon everyone,

I just wanted to update the IC to announce that I will be removing the 40s kit from the set. After working on pricing it was discovered that the initial cost for the set to work on a 40s board was going to be over $200. With that being said there would have been a very slim chance of the kit hitting MOQ. Pricing along with giveaways will be announced soon.

Thank you for the continued support,

Tyson

A bit disappointing - but guess there's no reason for me to get the ghost/spacebars kits now. Was hoping to get enough switches to fit any two of my boards (especially since ghost + 40s covered most of a 40%. TBH if there wasn't the slight dark souls theme I would've passed on the entire set for dropping 40s.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
Re: [IC] GMK Ashes [2/18 Pricing] (GB starts March 2nd)
« Reply #301 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 14:47:58 »
Really liking the price here, can't wait to get in on this.  :thumb:

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #302 on: Wed, 19 February 2020, 17:16:54 »
The only kit that included 1U Ctrl and Alt keys for the bottom row was the 40s kit, which is gone now.  It doesn't look like there's any kit that includes support for the bottom row on layouts that use 1U Alt, Fn, Ctrl to the right of the spacebar (Vortex Race 3 75%, Tada68 65%, etc.).  It looks like you dropped support for more than just 40% keyboards.

Offline CrazyNun

« Reply #303 on: Sun, 23 February 2020, 07:02:38 »
damn, been off this site for ages with only this kit being of interest since like November or something.. but just seen now that at some point the UK keys have been removed!  I guess that's how things go, more American sets for American keeb enthusiasts, dammit!  Good luck with it nevertheless, it's a real beaut!  My wallet is relieved at least lol
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 February 2020, 07:05:55 by CrazyNun »

Offline Tyson

« Reply #304 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 22:37:58 »
damn, been off this site for ages with only this kit being of interest since like November or something.. but just seen now that at some point the UK keys have been removed!  I guess that's how things go, more American sets for American keeb enthusiasts, dammit!  Good luck with it nevertheless, it's a real beaut!  My wallet is relieved at least lol

Sorry, it was a hard decision, that I was thinking about till I received the pricing for the set. I thought I was doing the right thing by putting the UK keys in the 40s kit to help the kit out, but once I received the pricing, it made it extremely difficult for the vendor and I to continue trying to push the kit, I am looking at potentially adding 40s to the base kit for my next GMK set, then moving UK ISO to the Numpad kit to alleviate the issues that I ran into with this set.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #305 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 22:06:18 »
A bit disappointing - but guess there's no reason for me to get the ghost/spacebars kits now. Was hoping to get enough switches to fit any two of my boards (especially since ghost + 40s covered most of a 40%. TBH if there wasn't the slight dark souls theme I would've passed on the entire set for dropping 40s.

The only kit that included 1U Ctrl and Alt keys for the bottom row was the 40s kit, which is gone now.  It doesn't look like there's any kit that includes support for the bottom row on layouts that use 1U Alt, Fn, Ctrl to the right of the spacebar (Vortex Race 3 75%, Tada68 65%, etc.).  It looks like you dropped support for more than just 40% keyboards.

After discussion with a few people from the community and listening to the voices of the community, I have reconsidered the Basalt kit (40s/UK-ISO Kit) and will be re-adding it back to the set for sale next week! I'm working on getting pricing for the kit right now and will add it to the GH page as soon as possible.

Offline Tyson

Re: [IC] GMK Ashes [2/25 Basalt Kit Added Back] (GB starts March 2nd)
« Reply #306 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 21:34:03 »
I have released the RAL colors for the set as there was some confusion about the proper colors for the keyset.

« Last Edit: Thu, 27 February 2020, 08:50:51 by Tyson »

Offline Tyson

Re: [IC] GMK Ashes [2/25 Basalt Kit Added Back] (GB starts March 2nd)
« Reply #307 on: Fri, 28 February 2020, 20:16:14 »
GB thread is up, further discussion on the set can be found here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104895.0