Author Topic: Unicomp "Dyalog" layout?  (Read 3878 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Unicomp "Dyalog" layout?
« on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 05:11:11 »
Whilst trolling Unicomp's website, I came across a PDF of something called the "Dyalog APL layout":

189575-0

I couldn't find a clear photo of their standard APL layout (isn't it just like Unicomp to have a goofy angled, limited-view photo of it on their own product page?), but it seems significantly different. There are extra symbols, right? And they're all top-printed, rather than some of them being front-printed?

I'll attach the PDF here. Discuss.

* UNOM0310_Dyalog_APL_104_US_-R_MASTER.pdf (1544.5 kB - downloaded 181 times.)
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Re: Unicomp "Dyalog" layout?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 14:59:20 »
Dyalog is one of the leading implementations of APL, and uses a different key layout than the one layout usually seen on IBM keyboards.

Dyalog even sell a Cherry G80-3000 with custom APL caps, see: https://www.dyalog.com/apl-font-keyboard.htm

I recently ordered a custom Unicomp set based on their Dyalog layout, will be curious to see how it turns out.

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
    • John Savard's Home Page
Re: Unicomp "Dyalog" layout?
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 19:25:10 »
Whilst trolling Unicomp's website, I came across a PDF of something called the "Dyalog APL layout":

I noticed that their layout doesn't match the APLX unified keyboard, or the Sharp APL union keyboard, and so you've cleared up the mystery. Dyalog is the company that makes APLX available for free, while Dyalog APL is their current commercial product.