Author Topic: Anyone else have a CM QuickFire Rapid without any labeling?  (Read 162903 times)

Offline FJ_Sanchez

Re: Anyone else have a CM QuickFire Rapid without any labeling?
« Reply #400 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 06:49:48 »
So many people with this problem... I'm ordering 2 of this with MX browns and Spanish layout (impossible to find it in any other place just now). Is it failing for all the different switches or only some of them?
Starting in the mecha path...
Main keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid MX Brown (ISO layout with Spanish legend)
Other keyboards: KBC Poker MX Red

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #401 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 09:17:06 »
I ordered mine off of their website. It has branding but I haven't experienced any issues with any of the switches. I'm probably just going to paint it once I get my Filco back
I love Elzy

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #402 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 09:44:49 »
*sigh* dammit. It's happening on this one too. However, I noticed that if I press on the key pretty hard it works especially on the left side? After a few hard presses it seems to work with lighter presses.. no idea why this is happening... anyone familiar with the circuitry in these babies?
It could be the switch wasn't seated right before soldering, making the connection intermittent. If this is the case, I'd expect it to get worse with time.

Offline maxmalkav

« Reply #403 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 11:17:41 »
So many people with this problem... I'm ordering 2 of this with MX browns and Spanish layout (impossible to find it in any other place just now). Is it failing for all the different switches or only some of them?

You know, you can focus on getting a keyboard with ISO or ANSI layout and then looking for a proper and better quality keycap set with nice Spanish characters :) As a touch typist, I found blank keycaps pretty nice ... and cheap! ;)

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #404 on: Mon, 01 October 2012, 15:16:05 »
In following this thread it sounds like the left alt issue only happens with the Red boards.. anyone else having issues with other switch types?

I've got Browns and my keyboard has been fine for now.

Offline dreamingftw

« Reply #405 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 03:40:59 »
Another code popped up for 30% off their store. The code is "MLFTW". Too bad they don't have free shipping though.

Offline mR_fRag`

« Reply #406 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 05:15:14 »
I can't find the blue switch version in their store :( only black switch... how can you select the switch you want?
Filco MJ2 87 Mx Blue    Filco MJ2 87 Mx Red    Noppoo White Mx Blue     KBC Poker Mx Red    IBM Model M 1391401    Dell AT101w Black Black ALPS

Offline FJ_Sanchez

« Reply #407 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 05:19:25 »
I can't find the blue switch version in their store :( only black switch... how can you select the switch you want?

Here -> http://www.cmstore-usa.com/quickfire-rapid-mechanical-gaming-keyboard/ just select from the dropdown list.
Main keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid MX Brown (ISO layout with Spanish legend)

Offline mR_fRag`

« Reply #408 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 05:21:12 »

Here -> http://www.cmstore-usa.com/quickfire-rapid-mechanical-gaming-keyboard/ just select from the dropdown list.

I'm an EU costumer :S
Filco MJ2 87 Mx Blue    Filco MJ2 87 Mx Red    Noppoo White Mx Blue     KBC Poker Mx Red    IBM Model M 1391401    Dell AT101w Black Black ALPS

Offline FJ_Sanchez

« Reply #409 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 05:24:00 »
Then maybe not available... Even coupon code maybe not working in EU, did you try it? You can check shops from fr, get, ita or uk, maybe better luck.

Offline maui

« Reply #410 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 05:31:37 »
You can't buy CM QuickFire Rapid with US layout other then the black switches in Europe.

I'm looking for one with brown switches but they are nowhere to be found in Europe...

Offline FJ_Sanchez

« Reply #411 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 05:34:00 »
You can't buy CM QuickFire Rapid with US layout other then the black switches in Europe.

I'm looking for one with brown switches but they are nowhere to be found in Europe...

I'm ordering 2 with ISO layout (Spanish legend) and brown switches, one friend is getting them to me on November so I can avoid customs, I will sell one of the, so maybe you're interested... Unbranded by the way ;)
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 October 2012, 05:37:07 by FJ_Sanchez »

Offline mR_fRag`

« Reply #412 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 05:44:36 »
I want ANSI layout too :(

Offline Amarok

« Reply #413 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 11:32:56 »
In following this thread it sounds like the left alt issue only happens with the Red boards.. anyone else having issues with other switch types?

I've got Browns and my keyboard has been fine for now.

I got one with Blues and it's been fine so far.
Realforce 87u 55g

Offline cosmonauti

« Reply #414 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 14:43:22 »
ugh, can't believe I missed this... I even made a new account to complain D:

when did the code stop working?
heuheuheuheu
BWU
CMStorm Trigger
CMStorm Rapid

Offline dreamingftw

« Reply #415 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 14:47:00 »
There's a new code right now.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Offline atmo

« Reply #416 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 16:28:31 »

Scan.co.uk should have them in ISO-UK this week. Hoping that they are unbranded.

Offline ColPaint

« Reply #417 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 16:43:13 »
Got my new (replacement) keyboard today. Typing on it right now!
It's a brandless, woo!

It will take a bit getting used to, but I think I'll get the hang of it in no time.

Thanks again Carter!

Offline maui

« Reply #418 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 02:02:21 »

Scan.co.uk should have them in ISO-UK this week. Hoping that they are unbranded.

Looking for ANSI myself though :(

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #419 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 20:12:24 »
You want an ANSI CMstorm in Europe? Your bestbet is to get someone to mail-forward you one. Once you get the weight in under 4lbs (I think I got it to 3lbs, 6 Oz last time I did one) it's pretty cheap to send it overseas.

Offline zpcrash

« Reply #420 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 23:11:09 »
Another code popped up for 30% off their store. The code is "MLFTW". Too bad they don't have free shipping though.

Great to see this new code pop up.  It's a pity about the shipping because there shipping is crazy expensive.  $11 for the cheapest option.

Regardless, I'd still like to order one with browns.  However, I really want without branding (that's why I'm in a thread named QFR without any labeling).  I know last time it was a bit hit or miss, so any chance we can get an official statement about US layout with browns being old design vs. new?

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #421 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 23:17:38 »

Great to see this new code pop up.  It's a pity about the shipping because there shipping is crazy expensive.  $11 for the cheapest option.

Regardless, I'd still like to order one with browns.  However, I really want without branding (that's why I'm in a thread named QFR without any labeling).  I know last time it was a bit hit or miss, so any chance we can get an official statement about US layout with browns being old design vs. new?

I will check on status tomorrow.

Offline cosmonauti

« Reply #422 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 08:32:24 »
Can you also check on the Quickfire Pro with reds? I just placed a shipment yesterday asking for one without branding, hopefully they're in stock.

Has anyone else gotten a Pro with reds? I'm wondering if the Left Alt problem is happening with the larger keyboard...
heuheuheuheu
BWU
CMStorm Trigger
CMStorm Rapid

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #423 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 08:44:25 »
Can you also check on the Quickfire Pro with reds? I just placed a shipment yesterday asking for one without branding, hopefully they're in stock.

Has anyone else gotten a Pro with reds? I'm wondering if the Left Alt problem is happening with the larger keyboard...
I would imagine it's okay, as they are two completely different keyboards. I haven't heard anything about the left alt on the pro, but that might because it's less common than the rapid. What's the OEM on the pro?

Offline zongeva

« Reply #424 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 10:05:25 »

Offline cosmonauti

« Reply #425 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 10:28:38 »
looks like iOne but I can't find any complaints on quality on the web. the only mention is that the usb cable is hard to push in on the back.
heuheuheuheu
BWU
CMStorm Trigger
CMStorm Rapid

Offline raphdu57

« Reply #426 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 14:13:16 »
Wow, that's great news it doesn't have this invasive labeling anymore.
I'm really tempted to buy one, too bad they don't ship to EU... Anyway shipping price to EU is often too high to be worthy (like 50$...)
I don't know if the package can be ligthened to be less than 4 lbs and then have 1/2 price shipping cost.
Is anyone in the U.S. willing to send me one ?
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 October 2012, 14:22:32 by raphdu57 »
QFR with MX brown

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #427 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 18:44:03 »
What's the OEM on the pro?

iOne.
I know it looks like iOne, but I thought I heard carter say something about how they were moving away from that OEM, so I wondered.

Offline Dajm

« Reply #428 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 19:57:11 »

We appreciate you checking, Carter.

Offline deadghost

« Reply #429 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 21:19:54 »
I ordered this keyboard for $52 + tax from officemax. I wouldn't advise it. Ordered it 9/19 and still hasn't shipped. Also got the following when I asked:

"We regret to inform you that Gaming keyboard is presently backordered.  You can expect delivery within 7-21 business days.  If the item is unavailable within this time frame, it may be cancelled (without charge) and you will be notified."

So from what I understand, one possible scenario is they take over a month and then cancel on you.

Offline cosmonauti

« Reply #430 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 21:32:38 »

I know it looks like iOne, but I thought I heard carter say something about how they were moving away from that OEM, so I wondered.
[/quote]

Could we get any kind of confirmation if it's still iOne or not?
heuheuheuheu
BWU
CMStorm Trigger
CMStorm Rapid

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #431 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 21:43:13 »
I've only pasted this quote like... 10 times this week

As for your question.  I'd recommend getting CM Storm QuickFire rapid with MX Red, since it's made by Costar.  While CM Storm Trigger and CM Strom QuickFire Pro are made by iOne.

Costar manufactures Filco, WASD Keyboards, Das Keyboards, ThermalTake Mekka G1... etc
iOne manufactures Razer Blackwidow, iOne, Max Keyboards, QPad, XAmor... etc

In short Costar > iOne build quality.

First of all, Trigger is made by Costar.

Second of all, both Reds and Blues are on the way but will be about 1.5-2 months before they hit the channels.

By that I would expect Carter is also validating that the Pro is iOne since he didn't refute it.

edit:  BTW - pro-tip.... Advanced search, Search for: (CM Storm Product), By user: carter <search>

« Last Edit: Thu, 04 October 2012, 21:45:16 by alaricljs »
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline w4rtortle

• QFR Black Switches
« Reply #432 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 21:48:28 »
looks like iOne but I can't find any complaints on quality on the web. the only mention is that the usb cable is hard to push in on the back.

I heard the keys where too high? that doesn't sound very fun.

Offline zpcrash

« Reply #433 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 21:55:34 »
Ignore what was here - trigger is an existing CM board I've never seen and not the new 96 key / TK.

Thanks for checking into unbranded browns Carter.  I really appreciate it :).
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 October 2012, 23:18:38 by zpcrash »

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #434 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 22:00:11 »
Carter verified the OEM is neither costar nor iOne in the trigger thread.  Here's his post:

That's the TK thread, so it's the TK he's talking about... and if you read back a few posts, we're not talking about the TK we're talking about the Pro.  (which should be obvious since the Pro and the Trigger are the only boards mentioned in the quote I posted)
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline zpcrash

« Reply #435 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 22:04:35 »
Either that or the trigger is not the 96 key / TK, and I'm very confused.

This, this everywhere.

Also, they should really give the new one a name besides TK.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 October 2012, 23:19:58 by zpcrash »

Offline cosmonauti

« Reply #436 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 22:08:19 »
zp I'm pretty sure alaricljs has it right where carter mentioned it wasn't either company; if you look at the full context of the convo/thread it seems he's referring to the TKL at that point, not the QFPro

and I suppose you're right alaricljs in that he kept quite about the pro, leading me to believe it hasn't changed. I asked for an unbranded one in my recent order, hopefully they make them?
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 October 2012, 22:10:08 by cosmonauti »
heuheuheuheu
BWU
CMStorm Trigger
CMStorm Rapid

Offline nullstring

« Reply #437 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 22:32:16 »

Thanks for looking into this Carter.

[side-note: This isn't sarcasm. I am sure he was just busy today and will get back to us today or tomorrow]

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #438 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 22:58:18 »
Carter verified the OEM is neither costar nor iOne in the trigger thread.  Here's his post:

That's the TK thread, so it's the TK he's talking about... and if you read back a few posts, we're not talking about the TK we're talking about the Pro.  (which should be obvious since the Pro and the Trigger are the only boards mentioned in the quote I posted)

To me it looks like he said the trigger was costar then later corrected himself (or the OEM changed).  In the post you quoted it looks like he says the OEM of the trigger is costar.  In the one I quoted he say it's not.  My quote is more ambiguous as to which board he's referring to, but I believe it's the trigger. Either that or the trigger is not the 96 key / TK, and I'm very confused.

Also, to clarify, everything I've seen says the pro is iOne.  Just pointing out the quote about trigger OEM seems to no longer be true since you mentioned quoting that a lot.

It was in a thread about a new board that isn't released yet that's got a tkl formfactor with the tk instead of legends, not the trigger. 
Specifically - http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/keyboards/Quick%20Fire%20TK/

Offline zpcrash

« Reply #439 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 23:07:52 »

To me it looks like he said the trigger was costar then later corrected himself (or the OEM changed).  In the post you quoted it looks like he says the OEM of the trigger is costar.  In the one I quoted he say it's not.  My quote is more ambiguous as to which board he's referring to, but I believe it's the trigger. Either that or the trigger is not the 96 key / TK, and I'm very confused.

Also, to clarify, everything I've seen says the pro is iOne.  Just pointing out the quote about trigger OEM seems to no longer be true since you mentioned quoting that a lot.

It was in a thread about a new board that isn't released yet that's got a tkl formfactor with the tk instead of legends, not the trigger. 

Gotcha, trigger is not the new one.  No wonder I was so confused.

Offline Xerobasix

« Reply #440 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 23:21:56 »

The weight of that board is disconcerting, only 1.2lbs?
CM Quickfire Rapid - Brown | Blue | Red

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #441 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 23:26:51 »
Yeah, that seems like a whole bunch of not correct weighing.  Especially considering they show that the qfr weighs double (which my scale agrees with)

Offline hobbez

« Reply #442 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 13:10:44 »

Thanks, I too, am interested in the quickfire rapid browns without branding!

Offline deadghost

« Reply #443 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 21:43:44 »
Blue from OfficeMax just arrived. It is branded but it isn't a huge deal for me.

Offline Saturn

« Reply #444 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 01:20:31 »

Consider yourself lucky.  Cheapest shipping option to Hawaii is $27.48.

Offline Goliath

• Platinum mad.
    • YouTube
« Reply #445 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 04:41:36 »
So I just ordered a CM Storm with Browns from Amazon. Do you think I'll end up getting one with no logo on it?
CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (lubed)

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #446 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 13:42:46 »
Hard to say... amazon moves a lot of product though so... 60/40 chance id say.

Offline ih8

« Reply #447 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 14:04:26 »
the blues I ordered from amazon awhile back was unbranded

Offline Goodfella

« Reply #448 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 16:46:35 »
They just need new caps, the branding isn't that bad..

QFR | QFR | QFR | Pure LED

Offline HybridCore

« Reply #449 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 20:48:36 »
I guess this is the consequence for not checking GeekHack for awhile (I need to stop missing these things).

Definitely want to order one. My sister's friends smashed my keyboard for no reason and now I have the pinging problem when I hit the "Enter" key, and this keyboard was special to me because I actually bought it at the Cleverly store in Akihabara. (TT-TT)

I definitely would want to switch out the keycaps though.
Filco Majestouch Black w/ Cherry MX Blues