Author Topic: [GB] (COMPLETED!) Nantucket Selectric  (Read 450097 times)

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
Also here's an alternative banner image if anyone is interested

Offline GaM3 Is H4rD

I hope some people are ordering 6.25 red and/or yellow space bars.  :p

I'm going to add both of those colors in 6.25 when I get the chance today.

Just added the a red & a yellow 6.25 spacebar!
Come on everyone lets order more!!!!
i'm in!

Offline salasource

Watching. If Eurpopean will unlock then I'am in.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

Watching. If Eurpopean will unlock then I'am in.

You should at least put yourself down for a european set. If everyone watches like you, then it will never drop...

Offline Jolikki

I'm finally in for a TKL, ISO and European.
I take it it's possible to back out if either ISO or Euro doesn't reach MOQ?
"I would stand in line for this" - Moby

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.

To back out entirely, or back out of ISO and Euro? Either way, I would guess "yes."

Offline Jolikki

To back out entirely, or back out of ISO and Euro? Either way, I would guess "yes."

I'd need to cancel the whole order in that case. Should be possible to just set everything to 0 the last minutes and have it cancelled that way.
"I would stand in line for this" - Moby

Offline salasource

I'd need to cancel the whole order in that case. Should be possible to just set everything to 0 the last minutes and have it cancelled that way.
Same here, without European I have no use for other sets.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
I just took a look at PMK's Keycap Status page and noticed that this set no longer has an estimated completion date. When can we expect it to ship?

Offline Dernubenfrieken

I just took a look at PMK's Keycap Status page and noticed that this set no longer has an estimated completion date. When can we expect it to ship?
Interestly also missing pulse now. I'm really kind of excited to see the relatively few otaku sets, could become one of the rarest sets around.

Offline skullydazed

• Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard

Final shipping time will depend on exactly when the order gets placed and paid for. PuLSe ends first so I would expect this to ship after that.

Offline torafuma

FINALLY!!! I have been waiting for this set for a while, and now the GB is LIVE!!! Super Exited! (and I didn't miss the GB as well!!!)

WOOHOO!!!  ;D ;D

Offline nocturalowl

ordered  :D
Man, thanks for doing this GB here not in massdrop or PMK.
 Can you send the order as $20 gift?

Offline Rafa_n

Can i get an estimate on shipping costs to Portugal?

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard
Can i get an estimate on shipping costs to Portugal?

Assuming a 0.5kg package it looks like ~$25. This is the same price I've been seeing across all of Europe so far.

Offline Woah Nelly

This looks beautiful. In for a Planck set + homing keys, registered to say thanks! On a brass plate/wood middle Planck, I suspect this is going to look awesome. With any luck, Jack will have all the parts he needs for the group buy shipped by the time this one hits production :D

Offline Armstrong01

Good point. If we agreed that whoever is interested only in a perfect set with Euro kit fills out an order instead of lurking (at least for the Euro kit), we could see if it tips earlier than 5 minutes before deadline which is very risky. The few of us who would be cancelling the whole order if Euro doesn't tip probably won't influence other set's MOQs - a lot of the major ones are at the highest levels.
Planck | Pok3r ISO-UK | Ducky Premier ANSI-US

Offline DaveW

• zer0knowledge
In for TKL, Numpad, Amity and, of course, red & yellow 6.25 spacebars!

Offline frekedech

Awesome! Just to clarify, will the F and J homing be in centered-dot (like Modern Selectric) or a usual concave homing?
Bitten by keycaps bug!

Offline lashiel

Awesome! Just to clarify, will the F and J homing be in centered-dot (like Modern Selectric) or a usual concave homing?

There's both types in the homing kit.

Offline frekedech

There's both types in the homing kit.

Cool. Thanks for your quick reply!
Bitten by keycaps bug!

Offline shadowness

Also here's an alternative banner image if anyone is interested

Show Image

Looks great mate! I am gonna use it!

Offline jaesen

• holy ****, this hobby is expensive
I'm still new and this is my first time getting involved with both the SA profile and Signature Plastics. I'm assuming these are doubleshot ABS? Are the keycaps classified as thick or thin?

Thanks in advance :)
KBD8x mkii | Duck Orion v2.5 | Satisfaction 75 | IRON165 | Aurora Input Series 65 | Vega | LZ Phase

Wishlist: Constellation

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
I'm still new and this is my first time getting involved with both the SA profile and Signature Plastics. I'm assuming these are doubleshot ABS? Are the keycaps classified as thick or thin?

I am fairly certain these are thick, doubleshot ABS.

Offline salasource

Good point. If we agreed that whoever is interested only in a perfect set with Euro kit fills out an order instead of lurking (at least for the Euro kit), we could see if it tips earlier than 5 minutes before deadline which is very risky. The few of us who would be cancelling the whole order if Euro doesn't tip probably won't influence other set's MOQs - a lot of the major ones are at the highest levels.
What is the official preferred action on this? Can we cancel if Euro kit will not hit MOQ?

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Second...very thick sturdy ABS. Hence the price difference from DSA and DCS.
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline KaminKevCrew

Well, that and the fact that there are multiple molds for sculpted SA sets.

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Well, that and the fact that there are multiple molds for sculpted SA sets.

Ah yes...forgot about that one...
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline lashiel

What is the official preferred action on this? Can we cancel if Euro kit will not hit MOQ?

Skully has said yes. See this Reddit comment chain for more detail.

Offline Zorberema

• * Maker
  • IG: @ZorbCaps

Let's go then? I will submitt my order now for the Euro kit; let's all do it now! :) It will give the euro-kit a MUCH higher chance of tipping if we start showing some interest in it! Spread the word, haha! If someone wants to split it with me, just send me a PM! I need all the caps for a full nordic SE board! If I'm not misstaken, for example UK can split w/ SE.

Offline Digitize

My wallet hates me so much. I need a rethink before I submit my order because when it got to the end my mind got mind****ed after seeing I can add adoption all blanks. I will place one soon but gotta make sure funds are set pay.

And sorry everyone that I can't contribute to tip the Euro set.

Offline Morning19

Bought! So excited for this. Now, I didn't see the part where we get a free ship-in-a-bottle on delivery?

Offline DasXavier89

What would a Modern Selectric typewriter look like in the timeless Navy/Cream/Yellow palette?

Show Image

Show Image

This set mimics a Selectric typewriter that never was, but could have been. One that would look right at home in your tiny coastal town, sitting on a big oak desk. The navy blue legends sit upon slightly creamy keys, providing a bright contrast that seems to defy the natural darkness of Navy Blue. The golden yellow of YCF on the mods brings out the handsomeness of BBI in a way that no other shade could.

If you are curious about this set's history you can read over the interest check thread.

Signature Banner

Want to show your support for Nantucket Selectric? Put this in your signature:

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=79282.0][img]http://darkstar.frop.org/nantucket_selectric/signature.jpg[/img][/url]

Price List

Number of Orders255075100150250
TKL$110$95$90$85
Planck$40$37$36$35
Ergodox$88$75$71$68
Numpad$42$32$29$27
Homing$10$8$7
Dvorak/Colemak$30$32$29$27
ISO$26$22$20$19
Eurpopean$55$48$45$44
Mac$24$19$17$16
Specialty$55$41$34$32
Cape Cod$24$18$16$15
Amity Island$30$25$23$22

How This Buy Works

Because a larger order results in a lower cost per set, the cost for each set will depend on how many of that set are ordered. You can commit to buy into each set at one of 4 levels. If you commit to a particular level that is not reached that part of your order will not be placed. Everyone will pay the same amount per set.

For Example:

TKL Base sets:
  • 50 MOQ @ $110
  • 100 MOQ @ $95
  • 150 MOQ @ $90
  • 250 MOQ @ $85

You commit to 1 base set at 50 MOQ for $110, and 1 base set at 150 MOQ for $90. If only 50 sets are sold you will pay $110 for a single set. If 100 sets are sold, you will pay $95 for a single set. If 150 sets are sold you will pay 2 x $90 = $180 for TWO sets.

This group buy will close on Feb 21.

You will be sent an invoice between Feb 21 and Feb 29. All invoices to be paid by March 7.

Questions? Need to change something after the buy closes? Want to place a large order?

PM Me: skullydazed
Email: info@clueboard.co

Fine Print: Each order will have 4% added to cover paypal fees. California residents will be charged sales tax at the maximum rate of 10%. Shipping will be invoiced separately at the time your order is ready, based on USPS shipping rates from 95066. Shipping is estimated to be June or July of 2016.

Can anyone tell me how accurate that Google real time graphic is?
Also, if the base for the TKL is at, lets say 100, and the total committed is at 300+, would all 300 be charged at $95 or at $85? I need to run some numbers for myself, and need the possibilities.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
God, I love this colorway but the legends just aren't my taste.  I'll have to think over this one.

Offline lashiel

Also, if the base for the TKL is at, lets say 100, and the total committed is at 300+, would all 300 be charged at $95 or at $85? I need to run some numbers for myself, and need the possibilities.

I mean... It's realtime, like you said. It's literally hooked up to the form.

I don't really understand your second question. Everyone who commits for a set will be charged at the lowest price/breakpoint reached (no matter what level they commit to on the form). I recommend reading over some of Skully's answers on the first page or so--most everything has been asked.

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard

I mean... It's realtime, like you said. It's literally hooked up to the form.

I don't really understand your second question. Everyone who commits for a set will be charged at the lowest price/breakpoint reached (no matter what level they commit to on the form). I recommend reading over some of Skully's answers on the first page or so--most everything has been asked.

I'm always happy to answer again. I'd rather answer the same question 250 times than have anyone decide not to participate because they're not sure- or worse, order the wrong thing.

At this point we've unlocked the lowest price for TKL Base Sets, unless we manage to break 500 orders. That's $85/set for everyone!  :thumb:

Offline Armstrong01

Let's go then? I will submitt my order now for the Euro kit; let's all do it now! :) It will give the euro-kit a MUCH higher chance of tipping if we start showing some interest in it! Spread the word, haha! If someone wants to split it with me, just send me a PM! I need all the caps for a full nordic SE board! If I'm not misstaken, for example UK can split w/ SE.

Yes, we need to unite for the European kit to get produced! Just submitted for the Euro, biting the bullet $55 for 6 UK keys. It is expensive but if tight on budget maybe we can resell the languages we don't use later if it tips.

As I read in the IC from skullydazed, the idea was to group it so most Europeans (UK, DE, ES, FR, NOR) will have their language produced, even though it's more expensive for each one of us. When separated neither language would probably reach the minimum MOQ even though offered cheaper..
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 February 2016, 19:31:12 by Armstrong01 »

Offline Tenkal

Hi, I've been lurking around for a while and this is my first post.

I have a question regarding the arrow keys. Is the profile R3 for the UP key and R4 for DOWN, LEFT, and RIGHT keys?

Thanks in advance.

Offline b4d_tR1p

same question here, but I think not

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/CC d-(--)>---x s:-(--)>--- a C++++(++++)>++ UBLC++++(+++)$>++ P++ L+++++(+++++)>+++++ E---(---)>--- W+++(+++)>+++ N+++ o++ K-- w O M++ !V- PS+++(+++)>+++ PE+++(+++)>+++ Y+++(+++)>+++ PGP++ t+ 5 X+ R tv- b++ DI++++ D+++ G++++ e+++ h- r++ y+++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard

I have a question regarding the arrow keys. Is the profile R3 for the UP key and R4 for DOWN, LEFT, and RIGHT keys?

Thanks in advance.

No, that is all R4. Now that we have shift keys that match I wanted to keep everything uniform.

Offline Tenkal

Thanks in advance.

No, that is all R4. Now that we have shift keys that match I wanted to keep everything uniform.

Oh ok. I was puzzled since the profile was different on the Cape Cod Add-On. In for one, maybe two!

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard

Thanks in advance.

Oh ok. I was puzzled since the profile was different on the Cape Cod Add-On. In for one, maybe two!

Yes, that was a mistake that someone else pointed out this morning too. Cape Cod will have all R4 arrows, we'll correct the preview image.

Offline IrPOWERranger

Would I be right in making the assumption that these use Cherry stabilisers, not Costar?

Offline jaesen

• holy ****, this hobby is expensive
Would I be right in making the assumption that these use Cherry stabilisers, not Costar?
I'm not sure if you're in the wrong thread but these are keycaps. But just in case, to my knowledge, keycaps are not restricted by which stabilizers are used.
KBD8x mkii | Duck Orion v2.5 | Satisfaction 75 | IRON165 | Aurora Input Series 65 | Vega | LZ Phase

Wishlist: Constellation

Offline Zorberema

• * Maker
  • IG: @ZorbCaps
Wait what... INTERNATIONAL TIPPED! :D What a pleasant surprice, there was like 7 orders or something yesterday! :)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
Well. International tipped. No doubt i'm going to order now. Just need to gather some money so I can get ALL the kits.

Offline Armstrong01

Wait what... INTERNATIONAL TIPPED! :D What a pleasant surprice, there was like 7 orders or something yesterday! :)

Someone must've bought out the rest:D Remaining anonymous, or was it the designer?;) Just tried (for science) setting mine from 1 to 0 and in the graph it seemed at 24.. so we're tightly tipping.) Hope it encourages other people to join in now (maybe so that the tipping guy can decrease his huge buy order).

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
Don't forget everyone has until the 21st to order. There's still plenty of time to reach the lowest prices on everything.  :thumb:

Offline skullydazed

• Clueboard

Someone must've bought out the rest:D Remaining anonymous, or was it the designer?;) Just tried (for science) setting mine from 1 to 0 and in the graph it seemed at 24.. so we're tightly tipping.) Hope it encourages other people to join in now (maybe so that the tipping guy can decrease his huge buy order).

It looks like someone ordered 10 sets. I've reached out to him to make sure it wasn't a mistake when ordering. However, assuming it wasn't it looks like everyone will be able to build the Nantucket Selectric board of their dreams!

Offline Armstrong01

It looks like someone ordered 10 sets. I've reached out to him to make sure it wasn't a mistake when ordering. However, assuming it wasn't it looks like everyone will be able to build the Nantucket Selectric board of their dreams!

My dream setup from paint (except key legends should be European): ISO+European 60% layout look http://imgur.com/a/ouGmt
Couldn't get the shark mods to work, we'll see in person. You've outdone yourself with the yellow helm duo!

Edit: thanks to whoever bought those, hope it's not a scam and you've got plenty of funds :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 February 2016, 09:51:48 by Armstrong01 »