Author Topic: Mac Compatible 60% hot-swap PCB's  (Read 2147 times)

Offline Dominus

Mac Compatible 60% hot-swap PCB's
« on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 17:57:19 »
I have been researching PCB's for my future build for a while and I can't find any 60% PCB's that work with MacOS. Every PCB that I've found has a windows only software. Is there any way I can use a 60% PCB on mac and still access function/arrow keys?

Offline Sdhebert

Re: Mac Compatible 60% hot-swap PCB's
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 18:45:07 »
I don't know of any pcbs that don't work with Mac. 

You have the option with qmk/via to remap the windows key to your choosing or do that on your mac.

I've used the 1upkeyboards 60% pcb, Rama m60a, tokyo60 and the drop alt.  All work fine with Mac

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 21:22:27 »
There has been a few keyboards that didn't support Mac in the past (Ajazz or Icool or something) but those issues are largely over.
These days pretty much any keyboard will function on any OS, it's the RGB software that's the issue, not the keyboard itself.

If it's just a PCB, that's MUCH more likely to support Mac and Linux as most of them use open source software like QMK, in which case there's no problems at all. If it supports VIA or QMK it will definitely work, just beware a few companies are selling knock-off DZ60's and while they work and use open source software the mapping is off so you can't flash updated DZ60 firmware without correcting the keymap as a few have found.  Even that's not that big of a deal though.
, and needs to be corrected before you change the firmware.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 21:33:29 »
I compiled QMK and flashed many PCB from OSX

Offline Dominus

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 10:04:25 »
Thanks a ton for all of the help!