Author Topic: [IC] GMK Darling - Groupbuy concluded. | See pg. 4  (Read 119955 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: [IC] GMK Darling
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 01:44:50 »
Plastic is getting more expensive  :))

pantone chips have always been $20
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 15:13:04 »
Which set did you base your legends off of? That numrow seems plainer than some of the newer hiragana sets.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 17:24:24 »
Which set did you base your legends off of? That numrow seems plainer than some of the newer hiragana sets.

I'm not sure which set he based the legends off of, however Xerp has since taken care of the proper furigana/rubi.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 17:50:28 »
look at all the weeb ass icons in the thread

i love it

strawberry > 02
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 17:50:34 »

I'm not sure which set he based the legends off of, however Xerp has since taken care of the proper furigana/rubi.
Ah, thanks. I didn't go all the way through the discussion.

Offline Karni

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 27 April 2019, 00:05:23 »
This set looks beautiful, but any chance for some 40s love? I really just need a 1.75 r2 cap, 1 or 2 1.25u r3 caps and maybe another 1.75u r4 cap to commit to it. Are those common?
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 April 2019, 09:52:47 by Karni »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 23:08:23 »
Id be interested in picking a set up for my wife :)

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 28 April 2019, 23:48:10 »
Hey everyone, small incremental update here. Bigger updates to the main thread to come soon.

Artwork for novelties is well on the way to completion, the 1.5/1.25u, Enter, and one of the two styles of 1u R1 novelties are done.
I also received the Pantone chips for 7422C and 691C on Friday. Going forward I'll be sticking with 7422C and will update the rest of the IC tomorrow to reflect this. 691C is close but is a bit too grey. Also, I might bring the color of the mods up a shade or two but I'll determine that once I have daylight to work with.

If anyone has suggestions for services which can render the corrected hiragana legends please feel free to suggest them.

Here's an image of the chips side by side under ~5500K lighting. I did what I could to adjust the whitepoint in GIMP, but I'll take some better pictures tomorrow in the light of day. Picture was taken with a Galaxy Note 8. The 691C chip is a bit darker than this image suggests.

This set will use the updated furigana/rubi legends, but I am still looking through options of render services which can reflect this properly.

This set looks beautiful, but any chance for some 40s love? I really just need a 1.75 r2 cap, 1 or 2 1.25u r3 caps and maybe another 1.75u r4 cap to commit to it. Are those common?

I'll look into it -- unfortunately I don't have any 40% boards for reference material in person, and a separate 40s kit making MOQ is a concern with custom colors.

« Last Edit: Sun, 28 April 2019, 23:54:39 by Xerpocalypse »

Offline LazyAfternoons

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 05:39:03 »
Hey everyone, small incremental update here. Bigger updates to the main thread to come soon.

Artwork for novelties is well on the way to completion, the 1.5/1.25u, Enter, and one of the two styles of 1u R1 novelties are done.
I also received the Pantone chips for 7422C and 691C on Friday. Going forward I'll be sticking with 7422C and will update the rest of the IC tomorrow to reflect this. 691C is close but is a bit too grey. Also, I might bring the color of the mods up a shade or two but I'll determine that once I have daylight to work with.

If anyone has suggestions for services which can render the corrected hiragana legends please feel free to suggest them.

Here's an image of the chips side by side under ~5500K lighting. I did what I could to adjust the whitepoint in GIMP, but I'll take some better pictures tomorrow in the light of day. Picture was taken with a Galaxy Note 8. The 691C chip is a bit darker than this image suggests.

Show Image

This set will use the updated furigana/rubi legends, but I am still looking through options of render services which can reflect this properly.

I'll look into it -- unfortunately I don't have any 40% boards for reference material in person, and a separate 40s kit making MOQ is a concern with custom colors.
Thanks for the update. I agree on the color switch and I can't wait to check out novelties!

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 15:54:05 »
Thanks for the update. I agree on the color switch and I can't wait to check out novelties!

No problem! I've since updated the main post and added a preview for the novelty art.

Offline LazyAfternoons

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 16:09:56 »

No problem! I've since updated the main post and added a preview for the novelty art.
They look good, can't wait to see more.

Offline forevermadrigal

These pantones give me a better idea of this. I really wanna love this, but sometimes the set reminds of valnetine's day :-\

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 16:51:23 »

40% keycap requirements (not including spacebars):

• JD40, Daisy, AMJ40, many others: 1x 1.25u R3
  • JD45: 1x 1.25u R3
  • UT47: xx 1.25u R3
  • Pearl: 2x 1.5u R3
  • Minivan: 1x 1.25u R3, 1x 1.5u R3, 1x 1.75u R2
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 06 May 2019, 15:13:55 »

40% keycap requirements (not including spacebars):

• JD40, Daisy, AMJ40, many others: 1x 1.25u R3
  • JD45: 1x 1.25u R3
  • UT47: xx 1.25u R3
  • Pearl: 2x 1.5u R3
  • Minivan: 1x 1.25u R3, 1x 1.5u R3, 1x 1.75u R2

It seems that most of these are compatible with a single 1.25u R3, thanks for the info!

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
Rather significant update today:

• New renders by Janglad!
  • Sneak preview of novelties in the HB-CP render
  • Considering the addition of a 40% compat kit
  • Now that I have renders, I'm going to be approaching vendors. Ideally, aiming for Q4 2019 or Q1 2020

Also, I've put together another, much shorter form regarding novelties and a couple other things; please fill it out if you're interested!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfHQTe73pLhro6M1GgNnlZ4Z85mWCxhiN_Cf6Bk9O16M8dmQw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Offline Paddel06

• Klugscheißer
Looking good!
This is a signature.

Offline lystle

The renders convinced me. I'm in.

Any chance the potential all-in-one will be split into smaller parts? It's good to have one option for every layout but I fear for the cost.

Offline elguey

These new renders and novelties look amazing. I was already in but I want this set even more now.

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
The renders convinced me. I'm in.

Any chance the potential all-in-one will be split into smaller parts? It's good to have one option for every layout but I fear for the cost.

We'll see, once I have a vendor I'll be able to figure out pricing and from there figure out the kit structure as to potentially breaking off the numpad, etc.

I'm also really happy that the renders are being well-received, it was well worth the effort and cost.

Offline blizzara01

Superb! The ain timeline is nice. My wallet has been recovered that time  :p

Offline diorite

I've never seen the anime, but these colors are so pretty!

I saw in the second google form you asked about some differently colored novelites, and a potential white alpha kit.
Do you think you could post some images to give us a better idea of what you're thinking about? It's a bit hard for me to decide if I like the look of something that I can't see.

I'd also really like to see a more leaned down base kit for that leaned down price range.

Offline pastel

Gorgeous!!

Offline literarylottie

The renders for this are so gorgeous they inspired me to finally register here so I could post and say so instead of just lurking. I've been waiting for a GMK set that really spoke to me, and I think this is the one. (Also, seems like the timing might be right in terms of being able to save up a bit of cash.) I'm glad you decided to go with the all-icons mods.

Regarding full vs. separate sets: I definitely get the appeal of an all-options-covered set (and it looks great on that 1800 layout), but I'd be interested in at least knowing the price breakdown for various smaller sets.

Good job, OP, I'm excited!

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
Gorgeous!!

The renders for this are so gorgeous they inspired me to finally register here so I could post and say so instead of just lurking. I've been waiting for a GMK set that really spoke to me, and I think this is the one. (Also, seems like the timing might be right in terms of being able to save up a bit of cash.) I'm glad you decided to go with the all-icons mods.

Regarding full vs. separate sets: I definitely get the appeal of an all-options-covered set (and it looks great on that 1800 layout), but I'd be interested in at least knowing the price breakdown for various smaller sets.

Good job, OP, I'm excited!

I've never seen the anime, but these colors are so pretty!

I saw in the second google form you asked about some differently colored novelites, and a potential white alpha kit.
Do you think you could post some images to give us a better idea of what you're thinking about? It's a bit hard for me to decide if I like the look of something that I can't see.

I'd also really like to see a more leaned down base kit for that leaned down price range.

Thanks for all the kind words! There is some work to be done still, but I do have a vendor! Price estimates are forthcoming and I will announce vendors, proxies, and pricing simultaneously as one larger update.
I don't have renders for these just yet (they're paid for but I don't want to bother Janglad with revisions too much, and I'm waiting on one piece of novelty art still) but this is the current state of the novelties and the 40%/compat/text mod kit:

HB = Headband
XX = XX Novelty
HL = Horn heft
HR = Horn right
Blue legends = GMK V4 stock color
R1, R1, R3, R4, R4
The cap abbreviation/text here is for organizational purposes only and will be replaced for the actual novelties in the final renders/set.

There is also a novelty in the works that resembles the back of the instrument cluster on 02's suit which may replace either the 1u R4 XX or one of the 1.25u R4 novelties. If the kit ends up being too expensive as is, I'll see what I can do to reduce cost while keeping the spirit of the kit, which may involve dropping some of the white novelties or HL/HR.

40% + text mod compat:
This kit came as a result of working with the 40% keyboard Discord to get the compatibility right.
R1, R2, R3, R4, R4, R4

« Last Edit: Wed, 29 May 2019, 20:01:34 by Xerpocalypse »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
200% in!

(I also vote for symbol-only legends for modifiers)

Not sure about the "Darling!" or "HB" caps...  (As in, would put away and never look at again).
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
200% in!

(I also vote for symbol-only legends for modifiers)

Not sure about the "Darling!" or "HB" caps...  (As in, would put away and never look at again).

(IMHO Symbol-only mods were the only rational choice  ;) )

I think the novelties and how they look will become a bit clearer once the renders are done for that kit. The KLE admittedly looks a bit scrappy because the abbreviations are there just to keep it organized.
For instance, the "Darling!" key looks like this:

Offline H3NT4I

• 気持ちいい
I'm in

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
Shouldn't the Esc keys be R2?

R3 1.25u Ctrl key is real nice!
My TMO50 is getting excited :)

Also, since you're planning for 40% support, you might want to add  spacebars (or create another kit for that)
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 May 2019, 18:40:58 by Aerizu »

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
Shouldn't the Esc keys be R2?

R3 1.25u Ctrl key is real nice!
My TMO50 is getting excited :)

Also, since you're planning for 40% support, you might want to add  spacebars (or create another kit for that)

There will be a spacebar kit available. :) Also I've added a 1u R2 Esc tenatively to 40% compat, was meaning to but forgot. i'm not 100% sure that GMK has an icon legend for this, but I'll talk to my vendor and find out.

« Last Edit: Fri, 31 May 2019, 19:23:23 by Xerpocalypse »

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
I need this more than anyone else. Like for srsly.

Still needs text mods tbh

Offline whomad1215

Re: [IC] GMK Darling - Updated 5/22/19 - NEW RENDERS! - New feedback form.
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 09:25:00 »
Sign me up.
I have mixed feelings on adding more white to the set though.  I think keeping it as a secondary kit would be enough.

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 12:22:25 »
Sign me up.
I have mixed feelings on adding more white to the set though.  I think keeping it as a secondary kit would be enough.

Definitely -- if I do end up going further with the white alphas idea, it will be a kit rather than a change to the base kit.

Offline nightinx

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 05:34:26 »
loooooooove this set.
all in!

Offline glubazoid

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 13:06:39 »
Haven't caught up on this set, but the pink looks wonderful. I'm a fan of an all text bottom row, not a huge fan of the bottom row icon mods, they look clunky. But I get what you're going for.

Offline Trouhel

« Reply #85 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 15:42:31 »
I’m totally ignorant when it comes to the Japanese language, but shouldn’t the R3 @' en_GB keycap have the けJapanese character the ANSI '" keycap has, which otherwhile would be missing from the ISO compatibility set?

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #86 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 17:01:29 »
I’m totally ignorant when it comes to the Japanese language, but shouldn’t the R3 @' en_GB keycap have the けJapanese character the ANSI '" keycap has, which otherwhile would be missing from the ISO compatibility set?

This is something I am currently addressing, actually. Non-JIS ISO with sublegends is a weird situation

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 16:39:04 »
Damn, I clicked on this hoping it was gonna be Franxx related, and lo and behold.

Offline vi0till

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 11:09:16 »
I'll be getting this to show some loves.

Offline Trouhel

« Reply #89 on: Sat, 15 June 2019, 16:30:41 »
This is something I am currently addressing, actually. Non-JIS ISO with sublegends is a weird situation

To follow on the subject, EnjoyPBT Kiro/Shiro set (further down in this forum section) introduced the following keycaps:

@'け and ~#む¥ for ISO compatibility, plus \|む¥ as well as Zつっ and Eいぃ, while it sticked to R1 \| only in the ISO part of the set,

where it differs from your proposed set.

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #90 on: Sat, 15 June 2019, 23:34:50 »
Yes; however, with EPBT the legends do not require doubleshot tooling. I'd like to keep the base kit cost in control by not introducing more custom molds. I don't believe that GMK has JIS/UK-ISO compatibility molds with sublegends.

This is how things are shaping up right now, given that:

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #91 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 02:21:56 »
Yes; however, with EPBT the legends do not require doubleshot tooling. I'd like to keep the base kit cost in control by not introducing more custom molds. I don't believe that GMK has JIS/UK-ISO compatibility molds with sublegends.

Show Image

sad to see the UK ISO go, was legitimately considering this set because of it

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 16 June 2019, 15:27:36 »

Show Image

sad to see the UK ISO go, was legitimately considering this set because of it

I am too, I'd like to keep it if I can but I need to figure out pricing through my vendor with/without it first. Adding custom molds to the base kit for it is sure to affect pricing.

That also being said, it still has generic ISO support. I'd rather have generic ISO support than a base kit with none, or one that costs some significant amount more for the sake of UK-ISO.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 June 2019, 16:50:11 by Xerpocalypse »

Offline nightinx

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 15 July 2019, 10:37:26 »
when gb?all in

Offline 0Name

« Reply #94 on: Mon, 15 July 2019, 13:31:55 »
I'm definitely going to buy this keyset and I'm restraining myself from spending money on other sets that are currently available :)
Also here are my suggestions for the final product:
- I like the icon mods, but I still love the text mods, so I'd go with text mods for the base set, and the icon mods as an extension kit or vice versa. Best of both worlds;
- A blue novelty key representing Hiro, 02's darling will be excellent. It does not make sense color-wise, but it suits the theme, as Zero Two loves and always want to be with her Darling. Take the blue color from GMK Striker and you're good to go.
Again, can't wait for the group buy to open so that I can take this beautiful set home.

Offline whomad1215

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 15 July 2019, 14:11:58 »

- A blue novelty key representing Hiro, 02's darling will be excellent. It does not make sense color-wise, but it suits the theme, as Zero Two loves and always want to be with her Darling. Take the blue color from GMK Striker and you're good to go.

I think an ergodox/splitboard option where one half is the red/pink/white and the other side is blue/black would be cool, but probably near impossible to hit MOQ.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 July 2019, 14:26:05 by whomad1215 »

Offline shinz0

• i was told there would be cake
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 15:55:33 »
interested

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 17:54:01 »
Ready to grab one.
Love the color of the alphas.

Offline Choozey

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 20:05:26 »
Those renders are beautiful!
100% in.

Offline aleck

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 22:00:38 »
Hate that anime, but good looking set.