Author Topic: [IC] Polaris V2 - Reference 60% Keyboard - Updated based on survey data  (Read 95289 times)

Offline ai03

• I do not reply to PMs; contact me via website
    • Website

Polaris V2
Reference 60% keyboard by Kevinplus and ai03

In 2019, we changed the keyboard scene forever with the release of Polaris, bringing much-acclaimed typing acoustics and comfort in an accessible package which holds its own even today.
Fast-forward three years, and Polaris is back - retaining everything that made the original legendary, while redesigning it thoroughly to stand yet again as a reference against ever-evolving standards.

Latest status:
- Units will be produced with and without rear logo
- Hotswap PCB has been changed to default 2U backspace with optional 1U positions
- Base kit now has a choice between hotswap and soldered options.
Details here

To improve communications, all updates regarding this project will be centralized on its webpage and mirrored to Discord for push notifications.
Since I often forget to check and post updates to every single location, please use the update page for guaranteed latest status updates.

Top-Tier Typing For All
Polaris V2 brings the battle-tested fully isolated gasket-mounted internals from Vega back to the original 60% form factor, with tweaks to further enhance acoustic performance while maintaining its absolute comfort for countless hours of usage.
With improvements to ease of assembly, Polaris V2 ensures that you can enjoy the input benefits regardless of keyboard experience.

Reference Aesthetic Outside and In
The proven elegant, clean, and minimal exterior free of any visible screws has received much-needed modernization from Vega, while quietly improving internally for streamlined manufacturing and simplified assembly.
Along with its matte PVD-coated stainless steel weight, Polaris V2’s visuals are designed to withstand the test of time, carrying its elegance forward many decades while blending seamlessly into any environment.

To Fulfill Your Desires
Every custom keyboard is different, and Polaris V2 is designed to be different - with multiple plate options, optional hotswap standoffs, and three optional layers of internal foam, you can tune Polaris V2 exactly the way you desire, ranging from anywhere between switch choice tester to dialed-in finalized build.
Every small detail was designed with much care to make Polaris V2 your ideal keyboard, down to the custom-designed screws, custom-designed rubber feet, and accent logo on the rear.

Hassle-Free Yet Extensible
The thin, flex-slotted hotswap PCB comes ready-to-go out of the box with VIA Configurator compatible firmware, requiring no soldering or driver headaches to assemble.
A solderable PCB kit is available for those who prefer to tailor the layout exactly to their preferences, and a much-requested replaceable USB daughterboard aids in extending the lifespan of the board.

Preparing For What’s Next
A lot has changed since 2019 when Polaris V1 was announced - the keyboard community has grown exponentially, the world has changed permanently, and keyboard variety has skyrocketed.
We’ve combined both everything we’ve learned as well as brand-new knowledge to create the successor of the board which started our journey. Albeit against high expectations, we’re confident that Polaris V2 will fit in as a faithful member of your keyboard collection both for the present and for the future - whether as your single endgame build or among a family of other boards.

Specifications
Case weight: ~1.2kg
Plate materials: Aluminum, Polycarbonate
Case top variants: Regular, WKL, Corner Blocker
Case colors: Black, Grey, White, Yellow-Orange, Red, Blue
Dimensions: 296 x 110 x 28mm
Typing angle: 6.5deg
Sale method: To be announced
Price: To be announced
Vendor: TypePlus
Stock configuration: Case + choice of either hotswap PCB + hotswap plate kit or solderable PCB + universal plate kit

Hotswap PCB layout:

Solderable PCB layouts:

« Last Edit: Sat, 25 December 2021, 04:33:59 by ai03 »

Offline ai03

• Website
Re: [IC] Polaris V2 - Reference 60% Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:04:22 »
Reserved just in case

Offline unusuaL_

• Illustrious
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:06:56 »
Yes please
collection: yae60 proto, f1-8k (cocogoat shill), hhkb pro2

receiving: frieren tkl proto

Offline Gavzers

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:07:54 »
I've been waiting for so long and it's finally here. Can't wait for more details!

Offline MonsterM

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:08:09 »
Yes!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sax_______

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:08:25 »
I'll take 2

Offline ilikerustoo

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:08:25 »
Nice

Offline are2dcrz

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:08:41 »
Of course!!!

Offline novelflyer

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:09:31 »
Nice   :D

Offline Zyrophr

• https://zyrophr.com
    • zyrophr.com
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:10:38 »
I'm in.
French keyboard streamer

Offline Woovie

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:12:33 »
back engrave bad

Offline OJtheTiny

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:15:02 »
god I really wish the back engraving wasn't there, just destroys the otherwise clean and minimal look

Offline sourmk

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:16:50 »
Been wanting one since the original run. Looking forward to this. Will the available the colors be ano or planning some coats also? Going right to buy or showing protos prior? The V2 on the rear provides a little visual imbalance imho. Cheers
Some Work: GMK Wasabi | GMK Pono | GMK Dandy | ePBT DuO | GMK Hooty | Petals Sixty

Some Collabs: ePBT Ivory | GMK Deep Navy | GMK Fundamentals | GMK Polybius | GMK Blurple | GMK Deepwell | GMK Fuji | GMK Pacific

Some Boards: Daji Seis Cinco, Ocho Quattro, Seis Cero | MatrixLab 2.0 ADD + CP, 2.0 Xmas + CP, 1.2OG | Keycult 1/60 | Hiney Ladybird | QXP | Noxary 268.2

Discord - https://discord.gg/j3PxfJ4rBC | Instagram - https://instagram.com/sourmk | Web - https://www.sourmk.com/

Offline two

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:17:36 »
yes please

Offline sub0001

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:19:28 »
hot damn, this is going to be huge.

that said, echoing those above me re: the engraving. does not fit with the clean look of the case at all, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:24:43 by sub0001 »

Offline ddnomad

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:21:35 »
Yes please

Offline solarce

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:23:54 »
so good

Offline wired

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:30:52 »
can't wait!

Offline Entity.

• Entity#1234
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:36:32 »
OMG YES!

Offline 7empest

• ༼ つ ◕ ◕ ༽つ
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:37:48 »
this is cool but i will admit, i could do without the engraving on the back
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:42:49 by 7empest »

Offline of_sam

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:37:55 »
Definitely interested in picking one of these up. I agree with Sour, not crazy about the logo on the back. Am I understanding correctly that you’re forcing split backspace in the stock configuration? I guess I get you’re going off survey results but that seems kind of extreme.
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline benox

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:43:58 »
Been waiting for this!  :thumb: ;)

Offline 7empest

• ༼ つ ◕ ◕ ༽つ
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:47:22 »
Definitely interested in picking one of these up. I agree with Sour, not crazy about the logo on the back. Am I understanding correctly that you’re forcing split backspace in the stock configuration? I guess I get you’re going off survey results but that seems kind of extreme.

I am surprised by this myself. I did not think split backspace would be as popular. This stock hotswap layout is exactly how I use all of my 60% boards with one exception, stepped capslock. I just cant bring myself to use a non-stepped capslock configuration these days, so I will still have to buy the solder pcb.

Offline santela

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:47:37 »

This. Split backspace users seem to be a minority.

Offline ai03

• Website
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:52:10 »
Regarding the engraving on the rear, I decided to add it knowing that it would yield mixed opinions. The biggest reasons for adding it were being able to differentiate the board from the original V1 without lifting the board off the desk, and that it looked fairly nice in a physical prototype sample. Managed to lose the photo somehow the night before the IC, so I'll post it if I come across it again and remember to do so.
Since it's on the rear entirely out of view from regular use positions, hopefully it'll be one of those things ignored 99.9% of the time.

Am I understanding correctly that you’re forcing split backspace in the stock configuration? I guess I get you’re going off survey results but that seems kind of extreme.
Yes; as much as I'm a 2U backspace user myself, I decided to opt for popular choice and maximizing functionality for the default configuration.
Regular backspace is available via the solderable PCB.

Will the available the colors be ano or planning some coats also? Going right to buy or showing protos prior?
The yellow-orange will likely end up being via a very fine powdercoat which Kevinplus has tested in person and recommends visually; the white is still being decided between the previous e-coat and the new powdercoat. The rest will be anodized as usual.

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 17:54:29 »
everything is absolutely perfect, but add stepped capslock in the stock configuration and I'll buy two.

best news I've heard today

Offline brudder

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 18:02:23 »
Can't wait for this! Love the inclusion of a daughterboard and split BS coming standard with HS :)

Offline uhugo

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 18:04:00 »
Yes! :) Love to see forced split BS on the HS pcb
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 December 2021, 18:06:14 by uhugo »

Offline snicket

• Formerly lucalink
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 18:07:40 »
yes please!

Offline vicious7

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 18:25:11 »
Ah man, another 60? I already have 5!

Okay, Im in...

Offline heyimpanda

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 18:37:25 »
Regarding the engraving on the rear, I decided to add it knowing that it would yield mixed opinions. The biggest reasons for adding it were being able to differentiate the board from the original V1 without lifting the board off the desk, and that it looked fairly nice in a physical prototype sample. Managed to lose the photo somehow the night before the IC, so I'll post it if I come across it again and remember to do so.
Since it's on the rear entirely out of view from regular use positions, hopefully it'll be one of those things ignored 99.9% of the time.

technically wouldn't the USB port positioning also differentiate the board? I suppose that would be a lot more subtle, but the engraving does kill a lot of it for me unfortunately. Maybe I'll reserve my opinions until you manage to find that photo though, but I am in the group of disliking it.

Offline dino97

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 18:49:21 »
not a big fan of the 'polaris v2' engraving

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 19:08:29 »
not a big fan of the 'polaris v2' engraving

incredible bait
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline brantaniguchi

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 19:28:04 »
That back engraving is an odd, and to be honest, somewhat lazy choice. If it were an interesting design to give it some flair, sure. But just putting POLARIS V2 is pretty lame.

If I'm going to enter a GB that is going to take over a year I need to really be into a board. Unfortunately that engraving ain't it.

Offline Tulesto

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 19:34:16 »
I don't mind the back engraving as much as the others seem to. I will for sure be picking one up! Excited for the GB!
Sangeo/Suit/Spring/Angle/CW88/Mode80/Arc/Corsa/Swift65/Neko

Offline Draxion

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 19:34:58 »
Time to start collecting Polaris, got v1 now I need v2

Offline GMK83

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 19:45:53 »
I have the V1 but that back engraving on the V2 is a hard pass for me.

Offline ChrisJoy

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 19:50:45 »
I'm still waiting for the shipment of VEGA 65.

Offline hottnucks

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 20:15:57 »
Please ditch the 'polaris v2' engraving on the back

Offline hover0423

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 20:21:04 »
I am in for the red

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 20:25:26 »
Will you please make the plate file available to modify? I'd like to make a Plexus75 type plate for this.

Thanks for considering ai03!

Offline SE7EN_ate_NINE

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 20:25:46 »
I have to echo all the others that I'm not a fan of the back engraving at all. The reference boards (I own both a Vega and Polaris and love them) are classic, classy and clean and that logo just looks like a cheesy afterthought detracting from a very clean and evolved design. You've earned your place high at the top of the ranks of respected designers in this hobby, no need to remind us what board we're typing on by the rookie designer move of plastering the board name on the board. Keep it clean.

I 100% applaud the 7U, split right shift and split backspace on the hotswap as standard though. Switching to stepped caps (or both sockets for both caps) would make it even more perfect, but certainly not a deal breaker.

One last thing...bring back purple!!

Offline bluuz

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 20:28:04 »
Could we have clearer renders of the different colors?

Is split backspace really that more popular? That's a head scratcher.

Offline bigapplepietart

• Topre Convert
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 20:37:08 »
Very clean
Current:
Heavy Grail (Purple DES V1) | hiney tkl one PC (Orange SKCM Alps) | Lunar II (Green SKCL Alps) | Sho S60 V2 (Purple DES V1) | HHKB Hybrid Type-S (45g Stock Domes)

Past:
Razer Blackwidow (MX Blues) | FC660M (MX Blues) | GH60 (Ergo Clears) | 8x mkI (Vintage Blacks) | Klippe (Sakurios) | Equinox (Sakurios) | MGA (Silent Alpacas) | Kei (Creamsicles) | KFE CE (Alpacas) | Rukia R1 (Durock L7) | H60 (Silent Blacks) | E80-1800 (MX Blacks) | Ottantaquattro (Vintage Blacks) | hbcp (Vintage Blacks) | HHKB Pro 2 (45g Aged Domes) | ADK64 (Blue SKCM Alps) | Palmetto (Ultraglides)

Offline aaronlau

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 21:13:24 »
Hopefully in stock option!

Offline yuki9609

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 21:18:24 »
nice! very good.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 December 2021, 21:49:28 by yuki9609 »

Offline Techlet

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 21:36:44 »
Fantastic board as always from ai03. It's just a shame about the back engraving. Having the "v2" there date stamps and cheapens the board when it's supposedly "designed to withstand the test of time."

Feels unnecessary when it's already engraved internally on the weight.

People aren't going to mistake this for anything other than a Polaris when looking at it from the back. And the screwless exterior and center USB port should be more than enough to differentiate this from the v1 Polaris.

Offline PuddingPug

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 21:53:56 »
Can't wait to have this next to my Polaris v1! :D

Offline Tree_

« Reply #48 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 22:17:07 »
Not a fan of the engraving.

Not a fan of split backspace being the default.

Not a fan of the fact that there's a rose gold render shown but it's not an available colour.

Other than that I love everything about this.

Offline santela

« Reply #49 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 22:25:44 »
The Vega is such a classy board with its seamless screwless design and simple yet classic aesthetics.

The Polaris is everything the Vega is, except for the engraving. It is really unfortunate as it cheapens the board.

Offline origintypes

« Reply #50 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 22:41:36 »
Vega V2 it's only a matter of time  ;D

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 22:45:48 »
Finally! Lfg.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline ShadeDream

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 23:20:38 »
Again with the charging extra for solder-able kit (and forced waste hotswap parts)... I really like the AI03 boards I have but this is just a deal killer for me...

Offline geaktior

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 23:33:45 »
I'm in :thumb: will be an instant buy
But I hope the there're screws more close to the four corners of the board, the current screw location makes me feeling a bit uncomfortable.

Offline alspdx

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 23:53:22 »
Definitely in for this if the back logo goes away, really love the clean minimal design of the other boards in the Reference Series.

Offline HYP3RION

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 00:00:44 »
Any plans for half-plate options for solderable? Would love to see it.

Offline LeCado

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 00:36:12 »
Nice!! I'll probably take a WKL. :)

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

•  Post Reporting Timeout
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 00:39:45 »
~
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2024, 21:20:08 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline lofi_network

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 00:40:55 »
My Polaris is one of my favorite boards, and a round 2 is something I'm super excited about.  But I really really hope you reconsider the back engraving.  One of the appeals of your designs are how clean they are, and that engraving really subtracts from that aesthetic and clashes with the sophistication of the design.  The Polaris is iconic and does not require such a visually disruptive reminder of what it is imo.

Offline azack

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 00:55:05 »
Excited for the Polaris but also echoing the sentiments above about the back engraving

Offline n.rdy

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 01:01:52 »
I love the back engraving tbh

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 01:20:55 »
All this time I was thinking it is the engraving on the weight everyone is talking about and I was like what where!? Just realized it is on the back side of the board and yes, not a fan of it kekw.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline jrel

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 01:45:50 »
very nice iteration of the board! Love the V1 and will love the V2!

Two points:
  • back engraving is not great
  • split backspace for HS is a nono

Offline Delecomp

• Pure Color Addiction.
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 01:49:33 »
can’t wait!!!
Villanelle

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 01:55:23 »
I’m quite interested, and I have no issue with the engraving. I do wish 2u backspace was standard on hot swap, but fortunately I enjoy soldering.

I’ll use this opportunity to also say I look forward to what I hope is an inevitable Vega V2 because while I am liable to buy this, I will absolutely grab a Vega V2.

Offline atkins

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 02:28:35 »
Please make solder the standard option.

Offline surplusofchairs

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 03:09:31 »
thanks for split back hotswap

back engraving.. ehhh.

Offline BouncyChillups

• Formerly PleasantChaos
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 03:39:02 »
While I dont particularly like the back engraving, the forced split bs is a bummer for me personally.
Kinda seems to be counter-intuitive, since I'm guessing split bs is used mostly by enthusiasts and the same target group doesnt really use hotswap.

Glad to see a daughterboard though, would've been really nice on the Vega as well.

Offline waone567

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 04:11:42 »
I rarely reply on GH but as I definitely will join this gb I hope that you will reconsider the back engraving. I really like your design language due to its simplicity. if the engraving meant to distinguish with V1 maybe a simple 'V2' will suffice. just my 2cents. anyway thanks for organizing this gb again :thumb:

Offline Mecxs

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 04:36:57 »
I strongly dislike forcing hotswap as base and requiring purchase of extra PCB and plate for soldered, as opposed to offering either as an option.

That said, if the extra efficiency / cost saving from this means that this board can be delivered at a fantastic price, I'm willing to accept split backspace.

Would also definitely prefer the rear engraving be removed, or at least reduced drastically in its prominence.

Offline Deaven

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 04:42:21 »
I'm in, WK/Regular.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 December 2021, 04:44:41 by Deaven »

Offline cadrev

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 05:00:34 »
Everything except the engraving at the back speaks to me!!   :thumb:

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 05:25:47 »
I agree with what has been said here about the engraving. Sans would be better, and if anything, a logo of some sorts would be a more elegant solution than the current choice. In addition to this, it would be nice to have the choice of PCB type instead of being obliged to buy an extra unit to have a solderable PCB.

Finally, please consider regional vendor proxies.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 December 2021, 12:30:13 by _PixelNinja »

Offline ai03

• Website
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 06:14:20 »
I've read all the requests for logo removal and backspace swap, and wish to run an emergency poll to double-check the interest in each.

If you are potentially interested in Polaris V2, please submit the form below to vote for your preferred options as soon as possible.

https://forms.gle/oyqSsFA8ro86LBt27

Offline touch

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 06:31:46 »
Thank you for the 3u split space!

Offline knbbl

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 07:07:41 »
I strongly dislike forcing hotswap as base and requiring purchase of extra PCB and plate for soldered, as opposed to offering either as an option.

this

Offline unknownh

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 07:11:31 »

Not sure if anyone has suggested this already or not but perhaps a less intrusive logo like the circular ai03 logo, could be used on the back to still be able to aid in the differentiation between v1 and v2 in the same place?
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 December 2021, 07:16:11 by unknownh »

TGR-Jane v2
 | TGR X SINGA UNIKORN 60 | Duck TC-V3 | Geonworks F1.69 | EX: GS "GUGA" 60 | yoot Calliope - XTFRLWKLTKL | AEK64 SKCM Browns | unknown60 WKL (x2) unknown60 WK (x2) RAMAWORKS M65-A RAMAWORKS KOYU RAMAWORKS M60-A |HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | HHKB Pro 2 

https://imgur.com/ntJaJ1c.png[/img]

Offline rookb

Re: [IC] Polaris V2 - Reference 60% Keyboard - Survey running
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 07:17:35 »
I don't like the fact im forced into buying another pcb if I want to solder, please add an option for solderable or hotswap pcb

Offline ale210

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 07:45:28 »
I don't like the fact im forced into buying another pcb if I want to solder, please add an option for solderable or hotswap pcb

+1

Offline jonathanraime67

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 08:53:24 »
I understand the criticism, but I'm excited for a hotswap PCB for my preferred layout!!  :thumb:

Offline elongatedmusk

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 09:53:07 »
^

Offline mmayhem17

• Steam profile
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 10:41:33 »
this

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 11:20:24 »

I agree with roo. +1

Offline TRIGOZEN x TAO

• Kanna + Keybort = Big Weeb
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 11:22:05 »
Looks great.
Would be better without the ugly 'Polaris v2' logo at the USB port.

Offline cryptojuice

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 11:48:04 »
Looks good, though I'm not a fan of the Vendor, will have to pass.
Vega (SoonTM) | Meridian | Mr. Suit | Tofu60

Offline surplusofchairs

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 12:21:54 »

what changed? the vendor owner co-created the board, along with the vega in your signature

Offline crs

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 12:31:19 »
I'm all in on this (either white or black for me). Loved the sound signature of v1, and joined the hobby right after it released. But I'd like to mention my thoughts on the following:

1. Definitely a default 2U Backspace for HS. I'd imagine there's a large overlap of beginner customers who don't have a soldering iron, and are used to 2U.
2. I would prefer no engraving, but I understand the desire to have one (for resale and keeping people from passing this off as a V1). I would maybe recommend an internal engraving on the top/bottom case instead. Or just cleaning up the "Polaris V2" to just "V2" or something else.
3. I don't mean to be one of those guys (even though I am), but it would be awesome to see the option of anti-static PE foam, so builders can experiment. Of course, if that's not the desired sound signature of the designer, it makes sense to not include it.
4. Lastly, since the weight is SS, I think it'd be awesome to see a clear coated/mirror coated version as well. Of course, price should be the main consideration when creating this stuff.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 12:39:37 »
Regarding soldered layouts, why the huge backwards step in split space layout support? looks like 3u + 1u + 3u which is easily the least used and least kit supported of all. Why not the 2.75 + 1.25. 2.25 of last time like most split space layouts and which supports a tonne more key sets?

Offline HourLaterJuke

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 13:18:53 »
Despite the back engraving and the default backspace split, I'm looking forward to it. ;)

Offline hover0423

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 13:33:52 »
A lot of hs pcb now supports step cap lock as well. Hope this one would as well.

Offline cryptojuice

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 14:02:41 »

what changed? the vendor owner co-created the board, along with the vega in your signature

I still haven't received the Vega in my signature, hence the "Soon TM". I understand delays with manufacturing and other mishaps out of the vendor's control, it is a group buy after all, but the communication around the whole process was lacking.
Vega (SoonTM) | Meridian | Mr. Suit | Tofu60

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 14:14:08 »

this
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 14:33:58 »
I don't like the default hotswap pcb either, but I do like the split backspace and layout choices that were made. In particular I like that I'd be able to use the non-universal plate with the solder pcb in my preferred layout (split bs, split rs, 7u space).

Offline dokken

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 15:43:03 »
I'm in! Instant buy 100%. Also liked the engraved logo, split backspace or not doesnt matter to me.

Offline Stev!e

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 18:57:26 »
I'm in!

Offline ai03

• Website
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 21:07:14 »
Survey results after over 1000 votes:
- Logo: Roughly 75% dislike logo, 25% like logo.
- Backspace: It's been constantly jittering around roughly 50:50, with neither side ever going over 55% even after so many votes.

I am currently discussing things with Kevinplus to choose how to move forward; some ideal solutions are not possible due to circumstances surrounding the project, but we'll try our best to pick a path better than the one currently in place.

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 00:10:19 »
I don't think many ppl care about differentiating r1 vs r2 especially if it's with a big tramp stamp like that on the back. Keep it classy, keep it original imo.

Offline nullinasou

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 04:50:07 »
not a fan of forced hotswap as well.
please consider offering both options or make solder pcb default for the sake of compatibility :)

Offline mr_fro2000

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 05:04:17 »

I still haven't received the Vega in my signature, hence the "Soon TM". I understand delays with manufacturing and other mishaps out of the vendor's control, it is a group buy after all, but the communication around the whole process was lacking.

Personally I think the Vega group buy has been handled pretty well.  Ai03 himself has been active in the discord and gives 'mini-updates' in the discussion channel while saving big updates for the update channel.  One thing to keep in mind is that Vega could very well be the biggest group buy in our hobby's history... if they start shipping out in the next few weeks, I'd say a 13-14 month fulfillment window for the size of the gb would be appropriate.

As far as I can tell, order edits have been a huge pain, esp given the size of the gb.  My guess is that the commitment to hotswap as a default is a result of this.  That being said, personally I always buy 2 pcbs anyway so getting an extra as a hotswap wouldn't be the end of the world regardless.

Offline santela

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 05:18:37 »

Personally I think the Vega group buy has been handled pretty well.  Ai03 himself has been active in the discord and gives 'mini-updates' in the discussion channel while saving big updates for the update channel.  One thing to keep in mind is that Vega could very well be the biggest group buy in our hobby's history... if they start shipping out in the next few weeks, I'd say a 13-14 month fulfillment window for the size of the gb would be appropriate.

As far as I can tell, order edits have been a huge pain, esp given the size of the gb.  My guess is that the commitment to hotswap as a default is a result of this.  That being said, personally I always buy 2 pcbs anyway so getting an extra as a hotswap wouldn't be the end of the world regardless.

The Chinese government also had a power limit on factories the past few months, which may partially contribute to the delays.

Offline DeMechanica

« Reply #100 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 11:11:58 »
Yessss, I’m so glad I’ll have one at GB price (assuming the sale style will be similar to the Vega one) to match my Vega.

Offline Jefff

• jlabs.co
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 18:12:41 »
The back logo really breaks the
proven elegant, clean, and minimal exterior
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 December 2021, 18:14:25 by Jefff »

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 23:13:30 »
Regarding soldered layouts, why the huge backwards step in split space layout support? looks like 3u + 1u + 3u which is easily the least used and least kit supported of all. Why not the 2.75 + 1.25. 2.25 of last time like most split space layouts and which supports a tonne more key sets?

No comments on this?

Offline beekey

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 24 December 2021, 00:21:59 »
Will V2 PCB work in V1 case?

Offline santela

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 24 December 2021, 02:03:23 »

No comments on this?

I'm gonna take a guess, gok and ai03 are friends and they are both trying to popularize the 3u spacebars. I think they are doing pretty well on that mission as well, most gmk GBs now come with 3u spacebar kits.

Offline heyimpanda

« Reply #105 on: Fri, 24 December 2021, 03:30:46 »
Will V2 PCB work in V1 case?

Since v2 PCB requires a daughterboard, no

Offline origintypes

« Reply #106 on: Fri, 24 December 2021, 04:24:52 »
Agree with this, just give a fair option to buyers.

Offline sirieous

• help
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 24 December 2021, 12:44:27 »
I still have my Polaris in my collection. Such a lovely board. GLWIC and GB

Offline poyenc

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 24 December 2021, 15:13:10 »
Waiting for this and the Vega!

Offline ai03

• Website
« Reply #109 on: Sat, 25 December 2021, 04:29:16 »
Survey Results and Outcome

- Roughly 75% disliked the logo, so there will be units produced with no logo.
- Since there was still a sizable number of people who want the logoed units, we will be offering both logoed and non-logoed units this time around with a choice during purchase.

- After spending considerable time with negligible percentage differences, the backspace poll ended up at 55% preferring 2U and 45% preferring split backspace.
- Due to this, the hotswap PCB will be converted to 2U backspace default, but with spots available where users can solder on hotswap sockets to convert the PCB into split backspace layout. The required sockets will be included in the package.
- Note that due to the thin PCB, it is impossible to install 2U backspace stabilizers once the split backspace sockets are installed, so this is a one-way conversion. In theory the sockets can be de-soldered, but it carries so much risk that I won't recommend it (This is also the reason why we're not offering the "both-hotswap" style seen on other typical thickness PCBs.)

- With the amount of requests asking for solderable PCBs in base kit, we have decided to offer base kits in both hotswap PCB + fixed plate and solderable PCB + universal plate configurations.
- However, along with this change we will no longer be offering soldering addon kits.

Also to reply:
Because
- It overlays perfectly with 7U and yields far less acoustic implications than 2.75/2.25 due to far less excess cutouts, especially when 6.25 bottom row has been dropped altogether
- I like how it looks and personally prefer it over 2.75/2.25
- 2.25/2.75 places far more restrictions on internal case screw positions, making the case extremely fragile and unfit for use

You are free to create your own PCB and plate based on the to-be-provided PCB outline and plate data if wanting such options, but I cannot guarantee the board's performance or compatibility.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 December 2021, 05:07:26 by ai03 »

Offline Mecxs

« Reply #110 on: Sat, 25 December 2021, 05:44:25 »
Survey Results and Outcome

- Roughly 75% disliked the logo, so there will be units produced with no logo.
- Since there was still a sizable number of people who want the logoed units, we will be offering both logoed and non-logoed units this time around with a choice during purchase.

- After spending considerable time with negligible percentage differences, the backspace poll ended up at 55% preferring 2U and 45% preferring split backspace.
- Due to this, the hotswap PCB will be converted to 2U backspace default, but with spots available where users can solder on hotswap sockets to convert the PCB into split backspace layout. The required sockets will be included in the package.
- Note that due to the thin PCB, it is impossible to install 2U backspace stabilizers once the split backspace sockets are installed, so this is a one-way conversion. In theory the sockets can be de-soldered, but it carries so much risk that I won't recommend it (This is also the reason why we're not offering the "both-hotswap" style seen on other typical thickness PCBs.)

- With the amount of requests asking for solderable PCBs in base kit, we have decided to offer base kits in both hotswap PCB + fixed plate and solderable PCB + universal plate configurations.
- However, along with this change we will no longer be offering soldering addon kits.

Love those changes! Very excited for this GB.

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
Re: [IC] Polaris V2 - Reference 60% Keyboard - Updated based on survey data
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 25 December 2021, 14:34:13 »
blessed

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #112 on: Sat, 25 December 2021, 18:56:18 »
What does it mean that solderable add on kits won’t be offered? Can I not purchase a spare solderable pcb?

Offline santela

« Reply #113 on: Sat, 25 December 2021, 19:17:54 »
All awesome changes! Basically got everything I wished for. Merry X-mas ai03!

Offline rookb

« Reply #114 on: Sun, 26 December 2021, 10:03:58 »
Love the optional engraving change along with having a choice between hotswap and solder :cool:

Offline Tree_

« Reply #115 on: Sun, 26 December 2021, 17:32:24 »
What does it mean that solderable add on kits won’t be offered? Can I not purchase a spare solderable pcb?
Obviously ai03 would need to confirm, but I'm reading this as potentially meaning the only way you can get a solderable PCB is with the solder base kit. And that the assumption is then that only hotswap PCB's will be offered as an addon.

Offline belerian

« Reply #116 on: Sun, 26 December 2021, 17:33:53 »
I'm interested in the split-space option for the solderable PCB. The spacebars look like it's been split into 3U-1U-3U. Is this correct? Does anyone know if it's common for 2 3U keys to be offered normally in keycap kits?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #117 on: Sun, 26 December 2021, 19:37:46 »
I'm interested in the split-space option for the solderable PCB. The spacebars look like it's been split into 3U-1U-3U. Is this correct? Does anyone know if it's common for 2 3U keys to be offered normally in keycap kits?

it's becoming more common, but it's definitely not the most common type currently. i like 275/125/225, because im used to it, and because it also works with alice bars, but ai03 explained above that he prefers this way and frankly that's reason enough for me to be satisfied.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline conternecticus

• (¬‿¬ )
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 27 December 2021, 05:28:07 »
So excited for this!

Are color options set in place or is there a possibility to consider grey blue a color option? I think the color fits the style of the board.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #119 on: Mon, 27 December 2021, 10:02:09 »
I cannot possibly complain after such overwhelmingly positive and smart decisions by you guys but I'm a little sad 2u won the hotswap poll. Inventive solution provided however, so I'll likely just do that, I'm just lazy.

Offline lofi_network

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 27 December 2021, 12:13:25 »
I cannot possibly complain after such overwhelmingly positive and smart decisions

I would just like to echo this sentiment, I really appreciate the thoughtful and smart decisions proposed for moving forward as they seem fair for all parties, whatever their preference.

One thing I think could be elaborated on further to clear up confusion would be the comment about no solder add on option - can we get some clarification on whether we’ll be able to order solder and/or hot swap extras so we can have spares?

Offline LMarci

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 27 December 2021, 17:08:22 »
Good to see that you are listening to feedback
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 January 2022, 12:13:43 by LMarci »

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 29 December 2021, 05:20:24 »

It's not totally unheard of but no, it's definitely not common. Of all the split space sets I own, the only one I have two 3u space bars for is SA Pulse and that's only because it included ones in two different colours. I looked over some of the sets I've bought which haven't arrived yet and it looks like a few KAT spacebar kits have dual 3u bars included but not all, and none of the GMK, SA or MT3 kits I'm still waiting on include dual 3u support. Split spacebar options area already limited enough as it is. While I can appreciate some of the reasons posted above for limiting split space support to dual 3u bars, it does rule me out of Polaris v2.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #123 on: Fri, 31 December 2021, 13:51:43 »

It's not totally unheard of but no, it's definitely not common. Of all the split space sets I own, the only one I have two 3u space bars for is SA Pulse and that's only because it included ones in two different colours. I looked over some of the sets I've bought which haven't arrived yet and it looks like a few KAT spacebar kits have dual 3u bars included but not all, and none of the GMK, SA or MT3 kits I'm still waiting on include dual 3u support. Split spacebar options area already limited enough as it is. While I can appreciate some of the reasons posted above for limiting split space support to dual 3u bars, it does rule me out of Polaris v2.

I think you are being a bit hyperbolic here. Just IMO

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #124 on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 13:27:00 »
Imagine

Looking at the simpleja R2 kitting before throwing a tanty

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 03 January 2022, 07:31:12 »

I think you are being a bit hyperbolic here. Just IMO
In that case I don't think you understand what 'hyperbolic' means.

Offline rossi94

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 05 January 2022, 01:23:29 »
So hyped for this. Will build this as my first custom keyboard and a gift to my lovely wife.

Will the quantity be limited? (Will the group buy sell out in minutes?)

Offline Mecxs

« Reply #127 on: Wed, 05 January 2022, 03:25:57 »

The sales format (ie whether it will be limited or unlimited, etc) is still being decided. Ai03 is a veteran GB runner with experience running very large buys, but the hobby's also been growing in absolute leaps and bounds, so there's a chance it could really go either way I think.

Offline SpringWind

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 05 January 2022, 08:49:24 »
I am very happy to see the IC of Polaris again!
I can't wait GB, I will definitely join.

Offline rossi94

« Reply #129 on: Wed, 05 January 2022, 09:57:42 »

The sales format (ie whether it will be limited or unlimited, etc) is still being decided. Ai03 is a veteran GB runner with experience running very large buys, but the hobby's also been growing in absolute leaps and bounds, so there's a chance it could really go either way I think.

We will see, let's hope shipping container, copper and substrate / film prices go back to normal. Maybe that will allow them to hit a price point close to the initial 265$ for V1.

Offline hover0423

« Reply #130 on: Wed, 05 January 2022, 10:46:42 »

We will see, let's hope shipping container, copper and substrate / film prices go back to normal. Maybe that will allow them to hit a price point close to the initial 265$ for V1.
There is db hole on the weight. Feels like that would add machining cost as well.

Offline rossi94

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 05 January 2022, 13:27:27 »
CNC rates in China are <10$ / h for 3 axis, that pocket maybe takes 20 sec longer to machine than without it.

Offline conternecticus

• (¬‿¬ )
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 09:28:18 »
Would love to see renders for each case color, and matching keycap sets while we're at it! GWLIC ;D

Offline drinkmorewater

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 19:49:59 »
Love the option to convert hotswap pcb to split backspace! Excited for this groupbuy.

Offline Delbs_

« Reply #134 on: Wed, 12 January 2022, 15:24:56 »
Well, you got my attention... How are we looking as for pricing? 👀

Offline AutumnsFall

« Reply #135 on: Wed, 12 January 2022, 20:21:05 »
Is there a reason that the solder PCB not support ANSI 6.25 bottom row anymore? It's nice to have split space but it surprised me that 6.25 bottom row did not make it to the solder PCB.

Offline the_useless_turtle

« Reply #136 on: Sun, 16 January 2022, 15:00:58 »
Why is there a rose gold looking board in one of the renders? The color isn't listed anywhere, would love it if you actually made it an option though.

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #137 on: Sun, 16 January 2022, 17:08:11 »
If it's the same yellow as polaris v1, the yellow in the render is very much misleading.  I suggest redoing the render with the right color to avoid drama.
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline belerian

« Reply #138 on: Thu, 20 January 2022, 20:07:53 »
About to buy 2 of Jellykey's Koi 3U spacebars just so I can do split space on this. Praying that the split space layout doesn't change afterwards LOL.

Offline donkey

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 02:13:42 »
Compatibility Question: Will the V2 plates and/or PCBs be compatible with V1 case?

Offline syberghost

« Reply #140 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 11:54:23 »
I'm definitely in, and with logo.

Loud and proud baby.
yes, I'm the guy who put box jades on a Polaris

Offline heyimpanda

« Reply #141 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 15:02:38 »
Compatibility Question: Will the V2 plates and/or PCBs be compatible with V1 case?

PCBs won't be since they'll likely require a daughterboard.

I wouldn't expect the plates to either because those have to be changed to account for the screwless design, but the overall tab sizes might remain the same?

Offline Sandpaper

« Reply #142 on: Wed, 02 February 2022, 08:07:52 »
Guess I'll make this my first post just to say I'm definitely in!

Offline ryulinho

« Reply #143 on: Thu, 03 February 2022, 12:36:49 »
I'm not of a fan of the name of the keyboard on the back. I do like the option to keep the logo on the bottom.

Offline thebreadsaver

« Reply #144 on: Sun, 06 February 2022, 22:27:04 »
will keep a very close eye on this one. very interested

Offline marici22

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 07 February 2022, 00:11:33 »
I'd much rather see a brass badge instead of engraved one.

Offline oilpapers

« Reply #146 on: Tue, 08 February 2022, 15:00:55 »
Obviously ai03 would need to confirm, but I'm reading this as potentially meaning the only way you can get a solderable PCB is with the solder base kit. And that the assumption is then that only hotswap PCB's will be offered as an addon.

solder people ruin it again, 🙄default hotswap with optional solder extra was way better

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #147 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 10:09:18 »

solder people ruin it again, 🙄default hotswap with optional solder extra was way better
just milllmax your PCB or add 10-20$ more for the hotswap btw it is not wayyyyyy better.
let me tell you one thing it isnt waaaaayyyyy better.
Most hs boards dont have support for many layouts without having to make some switches north facing. I'd bet that you probably wont change your switches on a regular basis and only took advantage of it druing the first assembly.
imagine flaming solder people in this hobby
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 February 2022, 13:04:34 by Keeblet_257 »

Offline Jewpac Shakur

« Reply #148 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 18:42:53 »
Can't wait for this one. Hope it won't be too expensive and enough units will be produced, I won't be able to fight people over this board with my internet connection :(

Offline fullwater

« Reply #149 on: Sun, 13 February 2022, 10:12:08 »
Is there a possibility of adding 6.25u spacebar layout with the classic 1.25u modifiers on the bottom row?

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #150 on: Tue, 15 February 2022, 10:26:46 »
In my several year absence from keyboard GBs, I've somewhat soured on soldering a PCB. However, your ongoing mission to increase adoption of the double 3u split space is more than enough justification to pick up the solder PCB. The only problem is all these older sets I won't be able to use on these boards, haha.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline 7

« Reply #151 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 03:36:04 »
Sold

Offline Convergence

« Reply #152 on: Thu, 03 March 2022, 17:01:09 »
I have no dog in the solder vs. hotswap argument but definitely throwing in a vote to bring back purple! Otherwise I'll have to wait for V3+ :(

Offline mr_foggy

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 04 March 2022, 05:57:04 »

just buy the hotswap addon and sell the solder boards to the heaps of solder NPCs that will bork theirs and their backups.

Offline Botty212

« Reply #154 on: Tue, 08 March 2022, 02:48:21 »

solder people ruin it again, default hotswap with optional solder extra was way better

just buy the hotswap addon and sell the solder boards to the heaps of solder NPCs that will bork theirs and their backups.
might be my bad here but I am pretty sure that
"Stock configuration: Case + choice of either hotswap PCB + hotswap plate kit or solderable PCB + universal plate kit" means that hs plebs can't read/dont read and that you can choose between a HS or solder PCB without getting forced to buy what you dont want.

I might be wrong but I am pretty sure you guys can't read and are starting to complain about solder because you dont have a basic skill like soldering in this hobby

Offline mr_foggy

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 08 March 2022, 05:27:43 »

I might be wrong but I am pretty sure you guys can't read and are starting to complain about solder because you dont have a basic skill like soldering in this hobby

I personally do, most of my boards are soldered, you're barking up the wrongest tree. I just don't get being butthurt about having options to the point of turning it into a competition. I'll probably not give the slightest of ****s and buy both kinds of pcb and be done with it.

Offline tarrabah

• yo yoy
« Reply #156 on: Sun, 13 March 2022, 00:01:10 »
I missed the V1 this will be perfect for me
Unikorn R1

Offline fatalruin

« Reply #157 on: Fri, 18 March 2022, 07:43:32 »
My preferential take:

Back engraving -> cheesy kbdfans move

Forced split BS on HS -> pretentious rama move

Board otherwise -> gimme

Offline tarrabah

• yo yoy
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 21 March 2022, 00:53:23 »
 clean
Unikorn R1

« Reply #159 on: Tue, 26 April 2022, 12:03:12 »
polaris with no screw!

Offline BasedCoper

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 27 April 2022, 23:10:53 »
The Vega is such a classy board with its seamless screwless design and simple yet classic aesthetics.

The Polaris is everything the Vega is, except for the engraving. It is really unfortunate as it cheapens the board.

He's said you don't need to have it so it's fixed now.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 April 2022, 15:35:54 by BasedCoper »

Offline ABlazinBlueToe

« Reply #161 on: Fri, 29 April 2022, 14:29:13 »

He's said you don't need to have it. No point in being upset.

That was not the case when it was originally posted.

Offline Porsha

• Porshe best car
« Reply #162 on: Sun, 01 May 2022, 06:51:12 »
Count me in!

Online Thebloodyez

• Just a random keyboard builder.
« Reply #163 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 04:21:47 »
Awesome cant wait for the GB  ;D

Offline bitbot

« Reply #164 on: Fri, 03 June 2022, 17:57:43 »
give info on gb?

Offline syberghost

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 06 June 2022, 06:42:56 »
give info on gb?

He's waiting until Vega finishes shipping, so as not to be in the middle of a new GB while the old one is completing much-delayed shipping.
yes, I'm the guy who put box jades on a Polaris

Offline dabe

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 11 July 2022, 08:44:58 »
As much as the wait for this pains me, I know you can't rush high-quality! Take as much time as you need for this.

Offline BigLeageChew

« Reply #167 on: Sun, 24 July 2022, 23:03:39 »
Im in!

Offline Tsenohebot

« Reply #168 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 09:00:49 »
Will there be a PC case variant this time around?

Offline Sck

• oof
« Reply #169 on: Sat, 03 September 2022, 18:55:18 »
I'm really sad there won't be a violet color option.
I never found a v1 aftermarket in wkl and i hoped there will be one on v2 :(

Offline JNDD

« Reply #170 on: Mon, 14 August 2023, 20:22:51 »
I want this so bad I cant sleep
I love lubing crap but expensive switches by hand, soldering them on my aluminum board with the risk of having cancer, and then stuff it with a lot of foam.

Offline ToFuMaNiA

« Reply #171 on: Mon, 21 August 2023, 20:34:57 »
oh my god polaris v2???? this is a must im so in

Offline masje

• Your neighborhood keyboard designer.
    • masjewerke
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 22 August 2023, 00:59:28 »
Black and silver goes so hard.

Offline zQku