Author Topic: [GB] PuLSE SA Keyset - 4 WEEKS DELAY  (Read 765618 times)

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
Re: [GB] PuLSE SA Keyset (DROP THE 100 BOMB!)
« Reply #200 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 16:10:41 »
Mito i have the ****ing BBQ right in front of me, i have miami, I am not lying about how it looks under normal light. its dull, its pastel,

do you even own Miami? do you have BBQ in front of you? because seriously you must be high if you think it looks that bright as your photographs are under normal light. not everyone will have their set in a damn lightbox or under flash flood

Im not the person to come in and start ****, i really wanted this set until i found out it is BBQ

Most importantly THIS ISN'T  SHOCKING BLUE, its more greenish/cyan. My eyes work very well.

edit: my photograph looks exactly how miami looks in real life, im standing by that
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 September 2014, 16:16:49 by Glod »

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #201 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 16:36:37 »
Mito i have the ****ing BBQ right in front of me, i have miami, I am not lying about how it looks under normal light. its dull, its pastel,

do you even own Miami? do you have BBQ in front of you? because seriously you must be high if you think it looks that bright as your photographs are under normal light. not everyone will have their set in a damn lightbox or under flash flood

Im not the person to come in and start ****, i really wanted this set until i found out it is BBQ

Most importantly THIS ISN'T  SHOCKING BLUE, its more greenish/cyan. My eyes work very well.

edit: my photograph looks exactly how miami looks in real life, im standing by that

• You don't know how to handle a camera as you made a black keycap look light grey.
  • Don't like BBQ? Cool, save your money.

You're trying to create senseless buzz and the image below already explains everything.

If you reply to me or anybody here with agressiveness one more time I'll request moderating measures.
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 September 2014, 16:40:05 by MiTo »

Offline feizor

« Reply #202 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 18:39:11 »
Mito, would it be a good idea to ask SP to provide some actual samples keys of our chosen colors before production? Given the size of the GB I'm sure they'll be happy to send you some.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #203 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 19:13:06 »
Mito, would it be a good idea to ask SP to provide some actual samples keys of our chosen colors before production? Given the size of the GB I'm sure they'll be happy to send you some.

I live in Brazil, so asking for legit PuLSE keycaps as samples is not an option because of shipping. I don't want to pay crazy taxes and customs as in Brazil they can go for +500% the price of the actual product.

However, there's somebody I trust in the US that could receive a couple of these sample pre-production keycaps and then shoot some pictures of them. Then, I'd ask him the photos to post here.

I already asked for photos but Melissa declined and told me that the chip colors on their website is the best thing she can get. Very lame.

If you guys desperately need an idea of how blue BBQ is, you can always look for real pictures and footage of Miami in it's original thread:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46057.600

Scroll down to the last page and then start to scroll backwards (to older pages) in order to see pictures of people that received Miami.

This is the best I can do at the moment, hope you understand.

Offline Data

« Reply #204 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 20:19:31 »
You should order an ABS color ring. Might help avoid these situations in the future.

http://www.keycapsdirect.com/abscolors.php

Only $35.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [GB] PuLSE SA Keyset (COLEMAK ADDED! - DEEP DISH KEYCAPS ADDED!)
« Reply #205 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 20:28:55 »
I've finally caught up on this thread today, and I wanted to say that that I'm really glad you opted to add both the homing pack and the colemak pack.   :thumb:   I just started learning colemak yesterday, so having a sculpted SA set that I can throw on another board to use is great news.  :)

Also, I think we should all calm down about the colour thing.  First, Glod is just trying to help, he's not attacking anyone.  Second, I think you're both right (yay!), in that under natural lighting conditions BBQ can look quite cyan (I used to have a Miami set), and in some lighting scenarios it can look more blue like the mockups.  The concern raised was valid, and especially as a "warning" (which it was) is entirely okay IMO.

However, there's somebody I trust in the US that could receive a couple of these sample pre-production keycaps and then shoot some pictures of them. Then, I'd ask him the photos to post here.

I'm not sure who you're referring to here, but I do know that I would be perfectly willing to help out in any way here.  I don't know if SP offers such a service (pre-production keycaps), but it's worth asking I think.

Problem is that we had a freaking huge Interest Check right here but on Reddit, it's really hard to keep things going properly.

Unfortunately, reddit is simply not the greatest place for content creation, but rather for content consumption.  This has always been the downside to trying to organize things on reddit.

I'm glad that this buy has been so successful.  Should be a real nice looking SA set.   :thumb:

Offline orangeju1ce

« Reply #206 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 20:32:38 »
What exactly is the 60% stripe? trying to find an explanation on it but i'm not sure what the difference between that and the one that is available on the base set

Offline bianco

« Reply #207 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 20:44:12 »
What exactly is the 60% stripe? trying to find an explanation on it but i'm not sure what the difference between that and the one that is available on the base set

different row profile. base set has row 1, stripe is row 3

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #208 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 21:19:16 »
If you guys desperately need an idea of how blue BBQ is, you can always look for real pictures and footage of Miami in it's original thread:

Hey, let's leave MiTo alone here BBQ is alright because it's matched with the greatest ever colour matching NN series.  Hence it will look far better than Miami (sorry for the fans out there).

I'm still happy and not fussed with the colour chosen, as long as it isn't PINK.  I know what this place can be like when colour perception becomes lost in translation but MiTo's choice is sound and will work out  :thumb: .

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #209 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 21:27:21 »
You should order an ABS color ring. Might help avoid these situations in the future.

http://www.keycapsdirect.com/abscolors.php

Only $35.

I'll request Melissa to send me one.

Story time, not related to keyboards. You don't need to read this because it has nothing to do with this GB. Just wanted to share.

Everything happened so fast, just check how old I am here on GH, for example.

I didn't know how interesting a mechanical keyboard could be before July.

A friend of mine showed me his keyboard, he has a Filco with Round 1 keycaps.

The designs, the interest checks, the people I've been talking to... Everything seems to be working as therapy for me recently.

Some heavy stuff happened on my life late 2013 / early 2014 that absolutely destroyed me, and it's awesome to have something to occupy my mind with right now. I've got something to drop creativity in, and that's a QWERTY layout.

Soccer, college, friends, family, sure they help but I just wanted to thank you guys for being so receptive.

Seriously, SP sold close to 100 PuLSE keysets, it can't be that bad.

Thanks if you read, but please don't talk about it on the thread or nothing like that because it doesn't seem right.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #210 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 21:34:54 »
I've finally caught up on this thread today, and I wanted to say that that I'm really glad you opted to add both the homing pack and the colemak pack.   :thumb:   I just started learning colemak yesterday, so having a sculpted SA set that I can throw on another board to use is great news.  :)

Also, I think we should all calm down about the colour thing.  First, Glod is just trying to help, he's not attacking anyone.  Second, I think you're both right (yay!), in that under natural lighting conditions BBQ can look quite cyan (I used to have a Miami set), and in some lighting scenarios it can look more blue like the mockups.  The concern raised was valid, and especially as a "warning" (which it was) is entirely okay IMO.

I'm not sure who you're referring to here, but I do know that I would be perfectly willing to help out in any way here.  I don't know if SP offers such a service (pre-production keycaps), but it's worth asking I think.

Problem is that we had a freaking huge Interest Check right here but on Reddit, it's really hard to keep things going properly.

Unfortunately, reddit is simply not the greatest place for content creation, but rather for content consumption.  This has always been the downside to trying to organize things on reddit.

I'm glad that this buy has been so successful.  Should be a real nice looking SA set.   :thumb:

Hey hoff, thanks for showing up. I believe everything is "solved" right now and thank you for the support!

We did an incredible job with PuLSE and I didn't know you was in. Welcome to the army!

Regarding the help, I could use yours for sure. Let me see what I'm going to do with PMK first.

I was actually talking about Dvoryke a dude I met on Reddit that is my rival when it comes to designs but is very friendly (internal joke). We discuss a lot on the backstages regarding ideas and designs and his DSA keyset (Lunar) is sitting at 230 votes on PMK right now and is going to lauch this week I believe.

That's why I'm releasing Airborne on 2015, not now.

Shotout to Dvo.

different row profile. base set has row 1, stripe is row 3

Thanks for the clarification bianco.

Hey, let's leave MiTo alone here BBQ is alright because it's matched with the greatest ever colour matching NN series.  Hence it will look far better than Miami (sorry for the fans out there).

I'm still happy and not fussed with the colour chosen, as long as it isn't PINK.  I know what this place can be like when colour perception becomes lost in translation but MiTo's choice is sound and will work out  :thumb: .

We're goint to have a blue barbecue pal.

Offline feizor

« Reply #211 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 21:38:55 »

The 60% stripe is Row 3 profile, it is a better fit with novelty key caps, like clacks or bro bots. The number row on the base set is Row 1 profile, it is quite steep and will not line up as flush with novelty key caps.

Offline feizor

« Reply #212 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 21:41:59 »

The 60% stripe is Row 3 profile, it is a better fit with novelty key caps, like clacks or bro bots. The number row on the base set is Row 1 profile, it is quite steep and will not line up as flush with novelty key caps.

Ops it was answered already haha, I will refresh more often, this thread moves fast!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #213 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 21:43:18 »
Soccer, college, friends, family, sure they help but I just wanted to thank you guys for being so receptive.

Still stick with what really is important here, Family, friends, SOCCER and college.  Because that is real life and should always be cherished first and foremost  :thumb: .

PuLSE is WINNING (latest true fact here on Geekhack)  8) .

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #214 on: Sun, 21 September 2014, 21:46:36 »

Still stick with what really is important here, Family, friends, SOCCER and college.  Because that is real life and should always be cherished first and foremost  :thumb: .

PuLSE is WINNING (latest true fact here on Geekhack)  8) .

Man my College soccer team scored 12 goals in 3 matches, we're 3-0 on our division crushing everyone!

My right ankle is destroyed though, yesterday's game was pretty hard. We made a comeback to win 3x2.

Thanks God my father came to watch, he took me home as I couldn't drive.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #215 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 02:42:27 »
grabbed a colepack and deep beats. added 1 more of space bar to my order

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #216 on: Mon, 22 September 2014, 20:03:23 »
grabbed a colepack and deep beats. added 1 more of space bar to my order

Thanks tdc, supportive as always.

High five mate.

Offline lavalamp

« Reply #217 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 14:15:24 »
Pulse is a really sharp looking keyset and I'm on the fence about it.   What would open my wallet is a row 3, 1.75 size key that is not the standard C[r]aps Lock key or the "I'M SHOUTING THROUGH THE MEGAPHONE IN CHAT CAPS LOCK" key -- I'm a UNIX neckbeard and I needs me a Ctrl key.   A Row 3, 1.75 size Ctrl key and/or a Pulse icon key would be sweet here.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #218 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 14:43:47 »
I love the scheme of this set as shown in the mockups, but I believe you are off about the tone of BBQ. If you convert the colours from your PHOTO of a BBQ sample you get (70, 182, 186) which is quite far from the photospectrometer sample of the actual plastic here: http://deskthority.net/wiki/Signature_Plastics_ABS_colours

(0, 166, 180)....

I'm not such a fan of the BBQ colour I see there or IRL from the Miami set and believe you are at least partially misrepresenting what this set will look like in your mockups. I would prefer this to be BBJ (or BFN would be even better IMHO) as I (and a number of others) stated in the Interest Check as we believe that to be much closer to "electric blue" and less tourquoise.

Could you please humour us and make a version of the mockup with the correctly sampled colour? Then perhaps one in BFN for comparison?

Since these are not yet in production yet, it should be okay to change the colour if the majority of buyers want it in a different tone. Perhaps a poll would be in order once the mockups are ready to show?
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 September 2014, 14:48:41 by Oobly »
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline am3amzar

« Reply #219 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 14:55:58 »
personally i dont mind any colours as look as it looks great. i dont want spend so much just to felt regret later on

Offline Data

« Reply #220 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 16:12:45 »
I love the scheme of this set as shown in the mockups, but I believe you are off about the tone of BBQ. If you convert the colours from your PHOTO of a BBQ sample you get (70, 182, 186) which is quite far from the photospectrometer sample of the actual plastic here: http://deskthority.net/wiki/Signature_Plastics_ABS_colours

(0, 166, 180)....

I'm not such a fan of the BBQ colour I see there or IRL from the Miami set and believe you are at least partially misrepresenting what this set will look like in your mockups. I would prefer this to be BBJ (or BFN would be even better IMHO) as I (and a number of others) stated in the Interest Check as we believe that to be much closer to "electric blue" and less tourquoise.

Could you please humour us and make a version of the mockup with the correctly sampled colour? Then perhaps one in BFN for comparison?

Since these are not yet in production yet, it should be okay to change the colour if the majority of buyers want it in a different tone. Perhaps a poll would be in order once the mockups are ready to show?

Why do people keep doing this?

It's too late to change the color with almost 100 orders placed.  Further, MiTo used the exact RGB color swatch from that site you linked in his last mock-ups in the IC thread before this went live on PMK.

Relax.  It'll be OK.

Edit:
Just a few more days, hang on everybody!

Regarding my update on OP: just mentioned the corect name of the color chip. Not BBJ, but BBQ. BBQ is what we're going with.

Show Image

The keycaps featured on the mockups are already on the real BBQ tone since day one. There is nothing to worry about!

It's all good.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 September 2014, 16:21:02 by Data »

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #221 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 17:46:38 »
Pulse is a really sharp looking keyset and I'm on the fence about it.   What would open my wallet is a row 3, 1.75 size key that is not the standard C[r]aps Lock key or the "I'M SHOUTING THROUGH THE MEGAPHONE IN CHAT CAPS LOCK" key -- I'm a UNIX neckbeard and I needs me a Ctrl key.   A Row 3, 1.75 size Ctrl key and/or a Pulse icon key would be sweet here.

You probably missed the Interest Check, that I run for almost a month here and all of my ads on Reddit and DT.

I'm very sorry but at this point I can't add any specific keycaps to our group buy.

I sincerely hope that you make your mind and decide to join us, because I can't really see any kind of relation between Unix and a 1.75u R3 Control key.

Also, I wouldn't miss PuLSE because of a single detail like this since (again) - we're not going to have a Round 2 in any sort of way.

I understand your frustration but you've got some days to decide.

Thanks for the support!

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #222 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 18:07:51 »
I would prefer this to be BBJ (or BFN would be even better IMHO) as I (and a number of others) stated in the Interest Check as we believe that to be much closer to "electric blue" and less tourquoise.

I was going to answer your comment with a pretty detailed image regarding color tones like I did when I replied Glod.

However, when I read the quotted sentence I decided to simply show you how the BFN blue tone looks like (since you clearly don't have a clue).

Here's a BFN color chip with at least 99% of color accuracy.

Here's what BFN looks like on that DT Wiki you linked. Completely different, huh?

Here's the mockup you requested that was shown at least 20 days ago:

We are going BBQ because of the following reasons:

• We never considered any other tone of blue. PuLSE was BBQ since it was only a Cherry Legended DCS idea.
  • BBQ contrasts amazingly with black.
  • Almost all of the mockups of PuLSE you'll ever see and ever saw are on BBQ.
  • PuLSE is the most succesful group buy ever run on PMK featuring a SA profile keyset and because of that we can't suddenly change specifications.
  • I know what I'm doing.

Trust me everybody, I got this.

And again, if you want to see how BBQ is going to look on your desk go to the following thread and look for pictures and footage of Miami.

Scroll down to the last page and then start to scroll backwards (to older pages) in order to see pictures of people that received their orders.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 September 2014, 18:35:37 by MiTo »

Offline cjhard

• Claudia the Magnificent
« Reply #223 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 18:08:59 »
For anyone wanting a 1.75u row 3, just get the Colepack, we have a Backspace there.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #224 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 18:46:22 »
I would prefer this to be BBJ (or BFN would be even better IMHO) as I (and a number of others) stated in the Interest Check as we believe that to be much closer to "electric blue" and less tourquoise.

I was going to answer your comment with a pretty detailed image regarding color tones like I did when I replied Glod.

However, when I read the quotted sentence I decided to simply show you how the BFN blue tone looks like (since you clearly don't have a clue).
Here's a BFN color chip with at least 99% of color accuracy.
Show Image
Here's what BFN looks like on that DT Wiki you linked. Completely different, huh?
Show Image
Here's the mockup you requested that was shown at least 20 days ago:
Show Image
We are going BBQ because of the following reasons:

• We never considered any other tone of blue. PuLSE was BBQ since it was only a Cherry Legended DCS idea.
  • BBQ contrasts amazingly with black.
  • Almost all of the mockups of PuLSE you'll ever see and ever saw are on BBQ.
  • PuLSE is the most succesful group buy ever run on PMK featuring a SA profile keyset and because of that we can't suddenly change specifications.
  • I know what I'm doing.

Damn, when you see it side by side you can clearly see (even with old man eyes) that BBQ pops but BFN or BBJ shrinks into the background easily.  Bloody hard to see anything if you're using the keyboard at night in front of your LCD monitor.

Sorry for fueling the fire here about changing the shade and tone of your original colour choice, my bad  :( .  Definitely stick with BBQ it's the way to go here, above all else I want to use my keyboards with this colour-way in minimal lighted conditions.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #225 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 19:55:44 »
Personally, I'm a fan of BBJ over BBQ, but whatever. MiTo says it's too late to change, and it's his GB. I'm sure BBQ will look fine. I just thought from the beginning that this was an "electric" blue set, not a turquoise set, but the difference may only be in my own mind.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #226 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 19:59:44 »
Seeing MiTo's mockup a few posts above, I clearly and unquestioningly would have chosen BBJ over BBQ -- the latter of which is painful to my eyes. But that's not the reason I'm not buying a set ... I already have two SA sets, in colorways I like, and I don't have more keyboards that need keycaps.

And yes, this is way too late to chose a different tone to the colorway; GH'rs and DT'rs et al, should get what they say they wanted.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline cjhard

• Claudia the Magnificent
« Reply #227 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 20:07:04 »
Seeing MiTo's mockup a few posts above, I clearly and unquestioningly would have chosen BBJ over BBQ -- the latter of which is painful to my eyes. But that's not the reason I'm not buying a set ... I already have two SA sets, in colorways I like, and I don't have more keyboards that need keycaps.

And yes, this is way too late to chose a different tone to the colorway; GH'rs and DT'rs et al, should get what they say they wanted.

You say painful, we say shocking :p Tomato, tomato.

Offline feizor

« Reply #228 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 20:19:38 »
Whilst I agree that bbj is more blue than bbq, that is not to say that the set will not look good with bbq. In any case, this detail should have been ironed out in the IC. It is way too late now in the GB to change the color. Mito is definitely right about this fact.

It will be very unfair to the people who have bought in with the understanding that it will be bbq if we suddenly change it to bbj half way through. Not everyone will prefer bbj over bbq.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 September 2014, 20:21:16 by feizor »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #229 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 20:30:21 »
Whilst I agree that bbj is more blue than bbq, that is not to say that the set will not look good with bbq. In any case, this detail should have been ironed out in the IC. It is way too late now in the GB to change the color. Mito is definitely right about this fact.

It will be very unfair to the people who have bought in with the understanding that it will be bbq if we suddenly change it to bbj half way through. Not everyone will prefer bbj over bbq.

Actually (from the IC)...

that blue is mesmerizing.
forgive me if i missed it, but which blue are you using from the SP's palette?

It's the BBJ tone.

KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #230 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 20:40:42 »

Couldn't care less because we signed on for an SA set .......enough said  8) .  Just want an SA set to fill some more keyboards and couldn't care less what shade of blue is applied, as long as it's not PINK.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #231 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 20:43:12 »

Couldn't care less because we signed on for an SA set .......enough said  8) .  Just want an SA set to fill some more keyboards and couldn't care less what shade of blue is applied, as long as it's not PINK.

Yeah, the profile, and especially the fact that it's sculpted, have everything to do with why I bought into this GB, and the colors hardly at all. That's why I ordered DESPITE the fact that MiTo changed the color from BBJ to BBQ just five days before the GB went live, not BECAUSE of it. :)

in memoriam

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #232 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 20:43:50 »

Actually (from the IC)...

that blue is mesmerizing.
forgive me if i missed it, but which blue are you using from the SP's palette?

It's the BBJ tone.

Guys, please...

Stop bringing this discussion back again everyday because I already answered and replied to this many times.

PuLSE was always BBQ (and GEW but at the end of the IC I changed GEW to NN).

If you keep reading the thread, JD:

I see that you guys really like BBJ, but it's not a color for Pulse. It was never considered, I simply brought this discussion because the information about the exact color tone was wrong! At some point I mentioned BBJ, probably because I was messing up with some colors.

Anyway, I believe that BBQ is gonna make this Keyset a freakin beast, you'll see. It's so vibrant, and the contrast with black will be unique, very elegant.

I will try something with BBJ one day, maybe on another project I've got, Olimitto.

Actually, now I remember why I mentioned that Pulse was BBJ. BBJ is the blue tone featured on Olimitto, which was the base for the creation of Pulse!

We will not change anything on PuLSE.

The design always featured BBQ colors, since day one, and I provided mockups featuring other colors just for explanation purposes.

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #233 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 20:48:33 »
Bought a base and modifier set. Throwing support because of the hard work from Mito.
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #234 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 20:50:16 »

You have 99 others who've signed up with their wallets for this set, as is.  Hence that isn't by chance or luck it's because we have chosen the right colour-way for our hard earned dollars.

Be proud of that fact because some Group Buys actually fail due to very little interest but yours certainly isn't ignored and the proof is in the numbers for this GB order thus far  :thumb: .

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #235 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 20:59:03 »

You have 99 others who've signed up with their wallets for this set, as is.  Hence that isn't by chance or luck it's because we have chosen the right colour-way for our hard earned dollars.

Be proud of that fact because some Group Buys actually fail due to very little interest but yours certainly isn't ignored and the proof is in the numbers for this GB order thus far  :thumb: .

I never imagined that PMK would sell over 800 PuLSE goods, including kits, sets, packs and blanks.

Wish I could send little gifts to everybody who joined this groupbuy.

Spacebars signed by me, mysterious extra 1us, little paper notes or something like that for you guys to keep - to show how grateful I am for the insane support.

Bought a base and modifier set. Throwing support because of the hard work from Mito.

Thank you very much Jin. Because of you we're closer to 100.

I hope me and PMK exceed all of your expectations.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #236 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 22:34:15 »
Personally, I'm a fan of BBJ over BBQ, but whatever. MiTo says it's too late to change, and it's his GB. I'm sure BBQ will look fine. I just thought from the beginning that this was an "electric" blue set, not a turquoise set, but the difference may only be in my own mind.

Sorry to keep talking about this, I know we're going with BBQ and have been for about a month now.
I originally thought BBJ would look better, because BBQ was too "teal" for me. In the end it doesn't matter.
I think this set will look great, and next to the black I think the color might feel more blue.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #237 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 01:48:02 »
Sigh.... Please read my whole post next time.

Your colours are not accurate and therefore the mockups don't represent the true colour of the plastic that you've chosen to use.

Since you haven't provided colour-corrected mockups, here are my poorly hacked versions.

I am using the photospectrometer scanned colour codes from actual plastic samples, here is the fixed version of BBQ and BBJ with the colour used in the mockups added between the colour sample blocks:

77958-0

As you can see, BBQ is more tourquoise than shown in MiTo's mockups.

And here is my version of the mockup using BFN:

77956-1

I am pointing out that I made my voice heard in the IC and the OP chose to still go with BBQ. I am happy with that decision, even though I'd prefer it in a slightly different colour. The issue I have is not the colour chosen as much as the fact that the mockups don't represent it correctly and this could lead to disappointment when people see the set the ordered in real life.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 September 2014, 02:00:50 by Oobly »
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Hanni

« Reply #238 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 02:10:06 »
I think, we've got your point.

Now you can move on :)

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #239 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 02:32:42 »
Okay, I've said my piece... moving on.

Here is an example of what BBQ plastic looks like on a keyboard in good light, for the sake of reference: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46057.msg1051980#msg1051980

Of course the other colours in the picture and the light itself will affect the white balance and therefore the colour, but it's a decent representation I think. More pics here: http://techkeys.us/products/miami-set
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #240 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 09:58:57 »
Sigh.... Please read my whole post next time.

Your colours are not accurate and therefore the mockups don't represent the true colour of the plastic that you've chosen to use.

Since you haven't provided colour-corrected mockups, here are my poorly hacked versions.

I am using the photospectrometer scanned colour codes from actual plastic samples, here is the fixed version of BBQ and BBJ with the colour used in the mockups added between the colour sample blocks:

(Attachment Link)

As you can see, BBQ is more tourquoise than shown in MiTo's mockups.

And here is my version of the mockup using BFN:

(Attachment Link)

I am pointing out that I made my voice heard in the IC and the OP chose to still go with BBQ. I am happy with that decision, even though I'd prefer it in a slightly different colour. The issue I have is not the colour chosen as much as the fact that the mockups don't represent it correctly and this could lead to disappointment when people see the set the ordered in real life.

Oobly, seriously, I can't understand why is it so hard for you.

But I understand the concern.

And yes, I read your entire reply last time.

Every single PuLSE mockup I made is very accurate. They represent with a large amount of precision the TRUE CHIP COLOR and what'll have on your desk.

I'm not using this crappy "photospectrometer" colors thing (whatever it may be) to create mockups, because their colors are not correct.

If you look at this BFN chip IRL and compare to this photograph, there's at least a 99% tone correspondece. Korgenar took the most accurate sample pictures you can find on the internet and this picture is not corrected or manipulated in any sort of way. It was took under normal light conditions. Not the sunlight, not the void, not anything. Ambient light. A BFN keycap is as blue as this color chip is.

You used "photospectrometer" tones to hack the mockups, and your mockups aren't even close to the true color tone.

Here's the legit BBQ mockup that I showed one thousand times already:

Monitors and colors will never look the same to all of us because our monitors are completely different.

Just chill, everything is doing fine.

Okay, I've said my piece... moving on.

Here is an example of what BBQ plastic looks like on a keyboard in good light, for the sake of reference: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46057.msg1051980#msg1051980

Of course the other colours in the picture and the light itself will affect the white balance and therefore the colour, but it's a decent representation I think. More pics here: http://techkeys.us/products/miami-set

This is not a decent photo because the keyboard in under direct sunlight and that saturates a lot the picture. But yes, it gives an idea.

I'm too tired to find a Miami keyset on a desk picture, under normal light because I can't take this discussion anymore.

Offline Data

« Reply #241 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 10:03:26 »

Offline pasph

« Reply #242 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 10:31:06 »
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #243 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 10:39:54 »
Learn something:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrophotometry

Thank you.

I didn't know what Wikipedia was.

We used spectrophotometers on gemology last semester, but they weren't as good as this Wikipedia one.

EDIT: As a matter of fact, I still have some results we've got with it. I think you need some education mate.

« Last Edit: Wed, 24 September 2014, 10:46:34 by MiTo »

Offline pasph

« Reply #244 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 10:47:01 »
Applied to plastics:
http://www.xrite.com/plastics
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline pasph

« Reply #245 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 10:48:24 »
and, for that matter, welcome to my ignore list

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #246 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 10:52:55 »
and, for that matter, welcome to my ignore list

It's an honor, hopefully you keep some cookies there.

Applied to plastics:

Get back to me when you apply your science to cookies.

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #247 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 11:24:03 »
Applied to plastics:

You've come across as rude and not helpful with your last two links. What is the point of linking these links if they do not introduce helpful information in this current discussion? Mito's provided good substantial arguments as to why he chose the colours, comparative images between real life and digital representation of the colours he chose and the colours that others want, as well as good explanations as to how he achieved his conclusions. You just linked two links followed by a dismissive comment.
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline die444die

Re: [GB] PuLSE SA Keyset (COLEMAK ADDED! - DEEP DISH KEYCAPS ADDED!)
« Reply #248 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 11:26:43 »
I'm more bummed Colemak isn't tipped nearly as quickly, what with a rad name like Colepack :p

I'm bummed too. And to add to that, I'm also really surprised that the Halfadox set hasn't even tipped yet. It's even more surprising to me that the count is so low since it's a set that needs to be purchased in pairs to be useful. I'm hoping that it at least gets to 25 since that cuts its introductory price nearly in half.

I hadn't noticed that.  Really need that kit to tip... :(

We are 9/10 on the Halfadox. Don't worry Data, it's going to tip sooner or later!

Somebody probably forgot to add one more, since the Halfadox was meant to be sold on pairs.

Yeah as soon as I saw the Colepack I went ahead and added my order (and tipped the Halfadox).  Now that Colepack really needs to tip lol...  I will say that the Colepack had slipped past me unnoticed.  I am a redditor too, and I only found out about it when asking if another SA set would support Colemak.  I'm sure it will tip, even if it ends up being a couple of people ordering 2 just to tip it.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #249 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 11:27:58 »
Okay, let's get back on topic and off the attacking in here, guys.  If you really want to hash something out, please take it to PM.  This GB is well underway and isn't changing.  The bit about accurate mockups is relevant and not unwelcome, but honestly the back and forth so far has been non-productive, for better or worse.  I don't even know who's more accurate with their mockups anymore.  But I do know that tensions are high due to it, so perhaps it's better to discuss that via PM as well.

That's a bit long-winded, but the point is let's all calm down a bit.