Author Topic: [GB] GON NerD60 PCB. MOQ24 = Black colour for free - Production stage - Sold Out  (Read 22240 times)

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
Re: [GB] GON NerD60 PCB. MOQ24 = Black colour for free - Production stage, <6 left
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 07:09:56 »
Recevied the mail aswell :HYPE:
Still have to wait a week for mine to be shipped since I ordered a plate too  :'(

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
I must say I'm impressed, the PCB was shipped on 24 and today is in Romania in the customs office, this was fast,even for packages from EU it was never so fast  :cool: I was prepared for ate least 2 weeks of waiting  :thumb:
Now it's up to the customs, but I don't think it will take more than 2-3 days. The shipping price was well worth it  :cool: 
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline cookie

• Deskthority
Just one flaw, It's not possible to have a split spacebar :(
That would be huge if you concider that in most cases only one thumb is pressing the spacebar and the other is totally useless!

Believe me, split spacebar is the future! :D

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
I must say I'm impressed, the PCB was shipped on 24 and today is in Romania in the customs office, this was fast,even for packages from EU it was never so fast  :cool: I was prepared for ate least 2 weeks of waiting  :thumb:
Now it's up to the customs, but I don't think it will take more than 2-3 days. The shipping price was well worth it  :cool:

Wow lucky you! How much did you pay for shipping? I'm probably going to have to wait another 1-2 weeks after GON finishes with my plate.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
Wow lucky you! How much did you pay for shipping? I'm probably going to have to wait another 1-2 weeks after GON finishes with my plate.
$23 shipping, it was not much, I paid more for stuff from EU, and waited like 2 weeks

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
Just one flaw, It's not possible to have a split spacebar :(
That would be huge if you concider that in most cases only one thumb is pressing the spacebar and the other is totally useless!

Believe me, split spacebar is the future! :D

I don't care for split spacebar, really don't need more than 5 keys(that includes the space bar ) on the bottom row, all the extra is just fluff  :p
But I know a lot of people who like and desire that and for them this would be nice

Offline cookie

• Deskthority
It would be up to you to have a solid or split spacebar, you are not forced to have it, if the holes for the extra 2 switches were on the pbc.

And it's not fluff, it is actually verry usefull if you think about it.
I'd like to have the left side of the split spacebar to access a function layer.

My left thumb is barely used, I'd like to change that.
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 September 2014, 08:29:37 by cookie »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
No, you are right, the option for split space-bar is good. The fact that I don't like it, and don't find it appealing has nothing to do with that. For me non standard layouts just complicate things, hard to find keycaps, a layout that is not common with more keyboards, hence when I have to type on a "normal" keyboard I feel lost.
For me just the fact that I replaced Caps with Ctrl causes enough problems when I go back to a "normal" keyboard. And in my line of work I have to change keyboards to whatever is there.

But I am for more versatility, something like the Phantom PCB, even if I don't use all of that  :thumb:

Offline cookie

• Deskthority
Yes the keycap problem would be the biggest downside. But I'd find some guys for a group buy for sure! :D

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
Yes the keycap problem would be the biggest downside. But I'd find some guys for a group buy for sure! :D
But not 7bit :p I just can't wait 2 years to get some caps, even if they are the best ever and usable on any weird layout  :p

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
Hey daniel did you managed to track your package on http://www.track-trace.com/ ?

Mine was sent the 21 september , maybe it's already in France .
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
Hey daniel did you managed to track your package on http://www.track-trace.com/ ?

Mine was sent the 21 september , maybe it's already in France .
I use http://www.17track.net/ for tracking almost all my packages, so far it never failed me ;)

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
Oh excellent link , it indeed arrived this morning in France .
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
Oh excellent link , it indeed arrived this morning in France .
Indeed it is :) Worked with all kind of postal services. Now the waiting game to clear customs office  ;D

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash

Hey Gon,
the tracking number you provided me doesn't work :( is it that the tracking doesn't show up for a few days? I wanna know where my package is :p

Offline cjhard

• Claudia the Magnificent
I'm amazed by how soon this got to me. I got the tracking information yesterday stating it just left Korea.
Today my roommate signed for it here in Kentucky. I thought I still had time to order some switches before I'd get it! :P

Offline xybre

• clickityclackclickityclack
    • Music and Stuff
I'll be depositing my paycheck next week, and I'll be putting in the order for the full build soon after.
I also have a few keycap sets to apply to it, so I can't wait!
GON NerD 60 & Duck Eagle & Unicomp Ultra Classic & Das Keyboard Ultimate

Offline spenghammer

Mine just arrived today!  I must say, I am very impressed with this little board.  Lovely black with exquisite soldering work(I opted for the full soldering workup with side leds/diodes/etc).  Like seriously.  I couldn't help myself and plugged this sucker in right away...man those yellow leds really pop!  Gonna be pretty slick with the blue/purple leds :D  I'm thrilled to have gotten in on this!  Thanks ever so much GON and okwchin!! :D  Now to start saving my pennies for a house for this little guy to live in :D  Speaking of which, any recommendations on the housing??  This will be my first GON keyboard and I'm not too sure which direction I should go as far as what to put this bad boy in.

Also, I'm really loving the clears on my Massdrop Poker II...so I'm leaning towards getting some of those for the Nerd, but I almost feel like it wouldn't be proper if I did not outfit it with some blacks :p  OH GOD THE DECISIONS ARE HARD. lol

Offline GON

• * Maker
  • Skype ID : GonsKeyboardWorks
    • GONsKeyboardWorks
Mine just arrived today!  I must say, I am very impressed with this little board.  Lovely black with exquisite soldering work(I opted for the full soldering workup with side leds/diodes/etc).  Like seriously.  I couldn't help myself and plugged this sucker in right away...man those yellow leds really pop!  Gonna be pretty slick with the blue/purple leds :D  I'm thrilled to have gotten in on this!  Thanks ever so much GON and okwchin!! :D  Now to start saving my pennies for a house for this little guy to live in :D  Speaking of which, any recommendations on the housing??  This will be my first GON keyboard and I'm not too sure which direction I should go as far as what to put this bad boy in.

Also, I'm really loving the clears on my Massdrop Poker II...so I'm leaning towards getting some of those for the Nerd, but I almost feel like it wouldn't be proper if I did not outfit it with some blacks :p  OH GOD THE DECISIONS ARE HARD. lol

Congrats to have your first GON ;)
Even though I have made/assembled/tuned HUNDREDs of keyboards for others, I myself don't have a full-tuned Custom Keyboard now.
So Ironical!

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
If you had planned earlier, you could have gone for the 60% acrylic case sprit's selling. Not sure if there are extras. You could opt for really expensive and go fmj from feng; orders close october 15, and thats going to house my second GON the second i get the funds for another PCB. And lastly you could just go with one of the housings GON is selling. I was originally going to go with that, but then i decided i wanted to be different :p and finally you have tex or pexon cases, since the NerD fits most poker cases though imo i don't like them as much since a lot of people have them so i don't feel as special ;D

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
I received my NerD60 :D my first GON :cool: this was one cool GB, everything was fast production, assembly and shipping .
Thank you GON ;)

Now I have to get my "old" MX Blacks to start the build :)

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
My tracking number is still not working :(

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
Have you tried the 17track link I gave ?

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
It doesn't seem to support EMS unless i'm not looking in the right places, but i'm also on mobile so there's that.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
Strange because it works fine for me :( also on mobile, I use it on the mobile all the time.
If you want you can PM me the tracking and I can check, I'm used to track all sort of packages because the postal office in My country is preety lame so I found all kind of workarounds to track my stuff
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 September 2014, 04:56:22 by DanielT »

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
It doesn't seem to support EMS unless i'm not looking in the right places, but i'm also on mobile so there's that.
In case you made the same mistake I did , only take the 13 characters and not the EMS at the start :)

Mine arrived in town this morning , maybe they'll deliver this afternoon oO
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
OH yes, don't use also the EMS part, you must use the standard 13 characters code 2 letters at the start 9 digits afterwards and 2 letters at the end.

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
OH yes, don't use also the EMS part, you must use the standard 13 characters code 2 letters at the start 9 digits afterwards and 2 letters at the end.
Yeah i've done that but there is still an error :(
Strange because it works fine for me :( also on mobile, I use it on the mobile all the time.
If you want you can PM me the tracking and I can check, I'm used to track all sort of packages because the postal office in My country is preety lame so I found all kind of workarounds to track my stuff
Sent you a PM :)) Thanks for the help!

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
In case you made the same mistake I did , only take the 13 characters and not the EMS at the start :)

Mine arrived in town this morning , maybe they'll deliver this afternoon oO
No chance on that delivery since mine got shiped after most people because i ordered a plate too :p but i have tried both ways but the code doesn't seem to want to work for me. I just want my PCB as soon as possible ;D

Offline spenghammer

If you had planned earlier, you could have gone for the 60% acrylic case sprit's selling. Not sure if there are extras. You could opt for really expensive and go fmj from feng; orders close october 15, and thats going to house my second GON the second i get the funds for another PCB. And lastly you could just go with one of the housings GON is selling. I was originally going to go with that, but then i decided i wanted to be different :p and finally you have tex or pexon cases, since the NerD fits most poker cases though imo i don't like them as much since a lot of people have them so i don't feel as special ;D

Thank you for the insight.  I will explore theses options :D  As far as planning ahead, getting in on this group buy was a complete impulse.  I had been eying the Nerd 60 for some time, but when I saw this thing in black I just had to have it right then and there! Lol

Big ups GON!

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash

Thank you for the insight.  I will explore theses options :D  As far as planning ahead, getting in on this group buy was a complete impulse.  I had been eying the Nerd 60 for some time, but when I saw this thing in black I just had to have it right then and there! Lol

Big ups GON!
To be honest, the PCB is the only reason i decided to build a kustom in the first place haha

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
I have now only custom boards and a HHKB, sold all my other boards, sold my first ever board a Poker X to get the Black NerD60.
I can't imagine going back to non programable boards :thumb:

Now I have to wait to get all the other part to build this one, but I don't want to rush things, can't make any mistakes with this awesome board.
I would love an aluminum case for this one, I would have taken a GON case but I don't like plate mounted switches, they feel too hard to my fingers :(

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
GOOD NEWS! MY PCB IS NOW IN MELBOURNE. i can't wait to get my hands on it tomorrow ;D

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
GOOD NEWS! MY PCB IS NOW IN MELBOURNE. i can't wait to get my hands on it tomorrow ;D
Cool :d Told you it can't get lost  :cool:

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
I'm sad I missed out on this. :(
Hopefully there will be another gb/sale.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
Got mine yesterday , was pleasently surprised with the offered mx stickers  :thumb:

To be sure , the order it should be done is :
- Resistors diodes soldering
- PCB Mount Stabilizers installation (if any of you have some kind of guide about that :o )
- Switches soldering
- leds soldering
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash
Better luck next time :p

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ

;D wasn't active when this gb went live. oh wells  ;D
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash

Got mine yesterday , was pleasently surprised with the offered mx stickers  :thumb:

To be sure , the order it should be done is :
- Resistors diodes soldering
- PCB Mount Stabilizers installation (if any of you have some kind of guide about that :o )
- Switches soldering
- leds soldering

Yep. PCB stab installation is pretty straightforward, you just basically stick them on,  though you can clip them like in this thread here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34759.0
I'll see if i can find a guide later :)

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash

Ahh that is unlucky indeed. Have you missed out on any other group buys? I've only recently started purchasing things. Before that i was just a lurker ;D

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ

Ahh that is unlucky indeed. Have you missed out on any other group buys? I've only recently started purchasing things. Before that i was just a lurker ;D

not really. i actually just assembled a 60% not long ago.
Didn't know this went live that soon   :blank:

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash

Well if you think of it with a practical view, you only really need one 60% :p

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ

i have two 60% actually atm  :)

Offline kitsun8

• In need of some cash

I'm planning to get another one for uni :p

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
More

I'm planning to get another one for uni :p

nothing wrong with that. either way, enjoy your nerd.
GON makes such cool stuffs.  ;D

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
I have 4 60% :P one can never have enough of them. I have only 60%

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
Make sure all you guys post pictures of your boards when you finish them! GON is currently holding on to my PCB for the moment since I haven't been able to order mine yet.  :(

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
I will post, just received the "old" MX Black switches, I have to receive also the "nixie" black for the Esc. Aluminum case is ordered but it will take a while...
OG Cherry WoB are ready, found the 1.75u SHIFT, it would be nice to find also 1.5u Ctrl/Alt, if not I have the ones from the GMK RGBY set.
The build will have more stages, I'm taking my time for the Black NerD60 ;)

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
I will post, just received the "old" MX Black switches, I have to receive also the "nixie" black for the Esc. Aluminum case is ordered but it will take a while...
OG Cherry WoB are ready, found the 1.75u SHIFT, it would be nice to find also 1.5u Ctrl/Alt, if not I have the ones from the GMK RGBY set.

Sounds sweet. Look forward to seeing it when its done!

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ

maannn now i really REALLY want one  :(