Author Topic: [GB] Rad Hard - SA Row 3 add-on to Nuclear Data Green (Shipped)  (Read 55612 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: [GB] Rad Hard - SA Row 3 add-on to Nuclear Data Green (Color Issue!!)
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 14:43:40 »
Wait...stop the presses...should my Out of the Vault Rad Hard set tip, it may be off depending on this choice, unless I can tell them to choose the color to match...something must be done...(still...I do like the YY, but that is a personal bias because of how lovely it matches the YY in the Vaultdweller Vault 13, and 101 legends)

Considering this was their goof, I would be surprised if they did not allow a change to your set to match.

Really I don't see why it would be a big deal to change that one it's only halfway to tipping anyway :P

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #151 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 14:46:05 »
I'm not part of this GB, as I didn't buy either this or the Nuclear Data set, but I think the color looks great as they are!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 15:13:51 »
Wait...stop the presses...should my Out of the Vault Rad Hard set tip, it may be off depending on this choice, unless I can tell them to choose the color to match...something must be done...(still...I do like the YY, but that is a personal bias because of how lovely it matches the YY in the Vaultdweller Vault 13, and 101 legends)

Considering this was their goof, I would be surprised if they did not allow a change to your set to match.

Really I don't see why it would be a big deal to change that one it's only halfway to tipping anyway :P

Sunny as always Ray... ;D
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 15:43:58 »
I think I would prefer the bolder yellow that was originally promised, but I wouldn't be upset if the group decides to take the easier route and keeping the pale version.  It isn't awful, and I would be happy with it.

Edit: Apparently I am confused about something, disregard.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 January 2015, 17:19:03 by BlueNalgene »

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 15:57:20 »
I think I would prefer the bolder yellow that was originally promised, but I wouldn't be upset if the group decides to take the easier route and keeping the pale version.  It isn't awful, and I would be happy with it.

It is the other way around. The paler version Yellow Cake Extract (YCE) is what was originally promised, but they have used YY.
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [GB] Rad Hard - SA Row 3 add-on to Nuclear Data Green (Production Complete)
« Reply #155 on: Fri, 09 January 2015, 17:17:36 »
Tell me what you think.

As others have said, YY turned out to look a lot like the scan of the YCE color chip.  I like the way the caps look in your picture.  However, I'm worried that maybe the scans are not directly comparable to the photos you took.  Can you comment (qualitatively) on whether you think the YY caps in your hands look closer to the YY or YCE color chips?  This might help us compare them in our minds.

In the meantime, I've selected to keep them as they are in the poll.   :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #156 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 00:52:27 »
The slightly deeper yellow YY s absolutely fine by me :)

The Nuclear green is, to me, a nice deep green, and I suspect the slightly deeper yellow will go very well with it :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
« Reply #157 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 15:57:00 »
They look great to me as-is. All good.
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #158 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 17:04:14 »
It seems like most people who have responded are ok with the color change, but that is based on my pictures. I think the best thing to do may be to just ship the kits and then let people judge for themselves in person, and then address a re-run with SP (if needed) once everyone has a chance to see them in person. Do this sound like a good plan?

I am having hip surgery on the 13th. I will try to ship as many as I can before then, but if I don't get to them all, there may be a short delay before getting the remaining shipments. I was hoping to get them all out before my surgery, but wasn't expecting this color issue.

Offline Data

« Reply #159 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 17:09:36 »
Did the red come out ok?

Reds are fine. Here is a picture of all kits.
(Attachment Link)
I keep going back to this image. I don't even remember which kits I bought but all of these look amazing. Whatever happens I think everyone will be pleased with the results.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #160 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 17:29:40 »
It seems like most people who have responded are ok with the color change, but that is based on my pictures. I think the best thing to do may be to just ship the kits and then let people judge for themselves in person, and then address a re-run with SP (if needed) once everyone has a chance to see them in person. Do this sound like a good plan?

I am having hip surgery on the 13th. I will try to ship as many as I can before then, but if I don't get to them all, there may be a short delay before getting the remaining shipments. I was hoping to get them all out before my surgery, but wasn't expecting this color issue.

+1 fine by me :D

I hope your surgery goes well!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline DelKey

« Reply #161 on: Sat, 10 January 2015, 18:46:29 »

I think this is a real good plan. Hope the surgery and recovery go well!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 04:34:13 »

Relax, wait for the surgery to happen and if everything goes to plan (don't trust those scalpel clad morons for a second) then you need some recovery time to get back into shape.

If you have a girlfriend or a Mrs make sure you take some advantage here and get some extra 'special' care from her because it makes up for all that pain and misery when dealing with those 'doctors'.  Good luck buddy and hope everything will be perfect for you tomorrow.

Offline engicoder

Re: [GB] Rad Hard - SA Row 3 add-on to Nuclear Data Green (Shipping)
« Reply #163 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 12:26:36 »
Hey everyone,

Had my hip replacement and all went well. I am burning up the sidewalks with my rolling walker.

With a little help from my sister, I got all the orders packed up and will be shipping them out on Monday.  They are being sent by US Postal Service.

Thanks to everyone who ordered and made this deal possible!!

« Last Edit: Sat, 31 January 2015, 15:46:53 by engicoder »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #164 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 12:29:47 »
Hey everyone,

Had my hip replacement and all went well. I am burning up the sidewalks with my rolling walker.

With a little help from my sister, I got all the orders packed up and will be shipping them out on Monday.  They are being sent by US Postal Service.

Thanks to everyone who ordered an made this deal possible!!

Thanks so much for the update and for getting these done and out.

Good luck with the new hip! I've heard many people say once they recovered they felt like new people.

Offline Data

« Reply #165 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 15:33:52 »
Hey everyone,

Thanks to everyone who ordered an made this deal possible!!

*****in'!

Hope your recovery is swift and smooth.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #166 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 00:15:48 »
Excellent news!

Thank you for the update, and good luck with your recovery :)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #167 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 01:21:51 »

Where would you be without your sister?  Everyone should have one because she's the one that knows you well enough and would help you in dire situations.

Kudos to her and to you for still getting the job completed, despite such difficult circumstances.  Thank you for all your effort and filling our lives with more Nuclear's, everyone needs a lot more of these babies.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #168 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 11:12:39 »
Thanks for all the well wishes! Hope you all enjoy the caps!!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #169 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 13:11:54 »
They are yellow (mostly) and SA profile - what's not to like? :D

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #170 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 11:46:41 »
Just got a prezzie in the mail.  Thanks! They look great.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #171 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 11:51:04 »
Just got a prezzie in the mail.  Thanks! They look great.

Great! At least I got one shipped correctly  ;D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #172 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 15:24:29 »
Have these all been shipped now?

I've taken my QFS with Nuclear Green on it back to all green (removed the orange highlights) in anticipation of receiving these ;D

Offline engicoder

« Reply #173 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 16:05:44 »
Have these all been shipped now?

I've taken my QFS with Nuclear Green on it back to all green (removed the orange highlights) in anticipation of receiving these ;D

Yes...shipped monday

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #174 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 17:24:27 »
Thanks for the lovely keycaps!  Got mine in the mail today, going to put them on my work keyboard tomorrow.  (Doing a happy dance...)

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #175 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 18:08:28 »
Just received mine too. They. Look. AWESOME!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #176 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 18:12:39 »
HUGE thank you to engicoder for the massively successful GB!  (I realize that not everyone has received these, but I'm calling it a success anyway :P )

I received my sets today, and everything is perfect.  I love the colours and the way it complements the Nuclear Data set.   :thumb:   Great job with this.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #177 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 18:22:50 »
But where's all the pictures? :confused:

For those of who have another couple of weeks to wait due to internal shipping times.

Offline unoab

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 18:45:25 »
Thanks Engicoder for the great work on putting this all together, I just got mine today too, they look great and are a nice mustard yellow in person.

Though to everyone who has received them so far, does it look like the font on the "ABORT" key is a different size than on all the other >1u keys? I have been following round5 on DT and there was talk about font sizes on some keys, so using the terminology from there, it looks like "ABORT" has the normal font size, and all the other keys have the bigass font size.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #179 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 18:56:47 »
Thanks Engicoder for the great work on putting this all together, I just got mine today too, they look great and are a nice mustard yellow in person.

Though to everyone who has received them so far, does it look like the font on the "ABORT" key is a different size than on all the other >1u keys? I have been following round5 on DT and there was talk about font sizes on some keys, so using the terminology from there, it looks like "ABORT" has the normal font size, and all the other keys have the bigass font size.

In all the worry about the color, I didn't notice this, but now that I look at it, it does look smaller...odd.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #180 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 19:04:01 »
I just got my caps today and must say they are beautiful and will be going onto my board soon, but I do see the font difference with the 'ABORT' key and it is noticeable although not as bad as the 'SHIFT' key from the Nuclear Buy itself.

Offline unoab

« Reply #181 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 19:13:35 »
In all the worry about the color, I didn't notice this, but now that I look at it, it does look smaller...odd.

I would have never noticed it myself if I hadn't seen all the posts about it a month or so earlier.  Here is the DT post that starts the corrections and font sizes, it goes on for a page or so of discussion:
Round 5 corrections

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #182 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 19:26:01 »
Quick and dirty shot with a few of the caps on my Novatouch.  :)

Nuclear Data + Rad Hard by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

Offline Data

« Reply #183 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 19:29:51 »
Received mine. They're so rad!

I immediately put them on my Dox. Will snap some photos this weekend!

Offline engicoder

« Reply #184 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 19:37:20 »

Show Image

Sweet! Thanks for the photos...I am photographically challenged, so its nice to have a pic to show these babies off.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #185 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 19:44:54 »

Show Image

Very nice - I had also forgotten about the different yellow, but it looks perfectly fine in that shot :D

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #186 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 22:17:31 »
Here are a couple overly-bright photos with Pulse:

Bit o' yellow:

Offline engicoder

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 15:54:27 »
Show Image

Bit o' yellow:
Show Image

Didn't think of using them with pulse, but they seem to work. Thanks for sharing them.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #188 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 22:35:20 »
Show Image

Bit o' yellow:
Show Image

Didn't think of using them with pulse, but they seem to work. Thanks for sharing them.

Now that additional SA sets are coming out, I'm wondering whether we will be seeing more mini-GBs of SA profile extras.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #189 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 14:55:13 »

« Last Edit: Sat, 07 February 2015, 15:10:44 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Data

« Reply #190 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 15:34:48 »
It's hard to do these yellow keys justice in photos.

Album

Offline engicoder

« Reply #191 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 15:55:10 »

Show Image

Looks great! What board is that with the extras keys over the numpad?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #192 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 16:03:18 »

Show Image

Looks great! What board is that with the extras keys over the numpad?
That is a ducky premiere.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #193 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 02:45:57 »

Show Image

That look's great!

And I forgot (or maybe never realised) there was a FAT MAN key :))

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #194 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 05:05:21 »
And I forgot (or maybe never realised) there was a FAT MAN key :))

I jumped on this Key-set for the FAT MAN keys  ;) .

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
Very nice. MSL ARM will come in handy for launching (email) rockets.
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline hking0036

« Reply #196 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 20:43:44 »

Show Image

Sploosh. I missed out on this one and you're making me want a set of the extras, stop it.  :))
Realforce RF87UB 45g Uniform | Leopold FC660C w/ TMK | IBM Model M - 3/24/1997 | IBM Model F 122 - 11/25/1985 ANSI'd w/ TMK | IBM Model F XT in a box

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
Mine have arrived... It's time to put together my "stylish unicorn vomit" (red, blue, yellow, green and orange) Nuclear Data set ;) Pics will be posted when complete.

I missed out on the second set of out of the vault caps, though (should have bought a base set and irradiated vaults) :(

Will partially make up for it with some more relegendables.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline engicoder

Mine have arrived... It's time to put together my "stylish unicorn vomit" (red, blue, yellow, green and orange) Nuclear Data set ;) Pics will be posted when complete.

I missed out on the second set of out of the vault caps, though (should have bought a base set and irradiated vaults) :(

Will partially make up for it with some more relegendables.

Glad to hear one of the international shipments made it through. Out of curiosity, what condition was it in? To save cost for you guys, I sent them USPS First Class International, but this recent thread had me a bit concerned.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
According to my wife, two boxes from you have arrived  :thumb: .

She had a devil of a time separating them from each other, you package taped them to death, so she had to use a slim razor to slice through all that tape to finally get at the boxes.

Opened them up and said a whole lot of BIG, fat Yellow plastic keys with a small amount of Red coloured keys inside the boxes hence it has to be your RAD sets that's arrived.

Looking forward to adding them to a few keyboards that re-capture that unique "End-Of-Days" sentiment which has now returned in the 21st Century  8) .