Author Topic: [GB] Blank jelly POMs, Gateron clear tops, and more! (most orders shipped)  (Read 6510 times)

Offline LunarisDream

UPDOOT2: I have received the white POM sets as well. Shipping is underway. Everything should be en route tomorrow, and I will send you a tracking number if you didn't use Paypal's Goods & Services. I had printed out labels for some of the stuff today but didn't have time to ship them out. Tomorrow's the big day!

UPDOOT: http://imgur.com/a/iNufw

BE AWARE that Ivan and Feng are both going to run GBs for jelly POM sets in the future with more color options based on interest, with Ivan's being somewhat cheaper (no longer the case). This is meant to be a quick one that will have the orders at your door within 3 weeks.

Hi everyone. This is the GB for my IC thread two days ago.

This GB is US-only as shipping internationally likely isn't worth the cost of shipping.

This GB will include jelly POM sets, Gateron clear switch tops, Cherry RGB switches (no LEDs), Gateron switches, Cherry stabilizers, and 3mm LEDs.

Here's a screenie of the responses to my IC form. Please be aware that the number of caps you receive may vary slightly depending on stock, and I will notify you if the fewer cap sets are sold out and give you the option of either receiving a refund, or ordering the larger cap sets. Because I know one of the sellers I'm getting these caps from only have 104 and 108-key sets while the other is slightly low on stock.

Be warned that the "transparent" 104 keycap set is likely just a different name for white, since the seller didn't offer white in a 104-set. EDIT: I have found another seller who does offer 104-key white POMs. It has been added as an option.

EDIT 2: I have been informed that the transparent set is not the same as the white set. The order form has been adjusted to reflect that, and all buyers of the transparent set should have been notified of the change in case they wanted white instead.

EDIT 3: The transparent set is not POM, but ABS. I have notified all buyers of this change, and apologize for the inconvenience.

Here is the order form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1OPLilx1OTpzPGj9p_8a-RRL96ECcNpDZXAQroqaFlPU/viewform

Please double check to verify that your shipping address and payment emails are accurate. I will be monitoring this thread throughout the day based on responses and concerns. Feel free to ask any questions either in the form or this thread. And please let me know if there's anything I missed; it's my first time running a group buy.

Orders are expected to be placed on the 10th and arrive within a week, then shipped out in the following week.

Update: shipping on orders was delayed. They are now en route to me and expected to arrive within the next 5 days.

Pics:
My B.87 with a rainbow set I ordered for testing: http://i.imgur.com/PDNwSr3.jpg
Seller's photo of a white set: http://i.imgur.com/9JEzRd6.jpg
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 August 2015, 18:37:51 by LunarisDream »

Offline kingeta

Re: [GB] Blank jelly POMs, Gateron clear tops, and more! (ends on 8/10)
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 03:08:36 »
No int shipping :( looks to be a good GB for 'muricans anyway
HHKB pro 2 | Poker 2 w/ blues

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 09:54:52 »
No int shipping :( looks to be a good GB for 'muricans anyway

Sorry. :(

I may be able to ship to Canada if the buyer was willing to foot the extra postage (approx $7-10).

Offline dante

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 12:13:13 »
Any chance you'll add an extra 4 transparent POM's option for those with a 108 key boards?

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 20:52:03 »
Any chance you'll add an extra 4 transparent POM's option for those with a 108 key boards?

That could be an option. Probably won't cost any more than a 104-key set. Feel free to add a comment at the end of the order form and I'll see what I can do, and notify you if I can't make it happen.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 21:07:36 »
Your interest check gathered very few responses and was made not too long ago.
Don't you think you're taking things a little too quickly? Especially considering that you have 4 different items likely being delivered from different sources.
This group buy seems a tad bit unreasonable. However I wish you the best of luck!
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 00:04:12 »
Don't you think you're taking things a little too quickly? Especially considering that you have 4 different items likely being delivered from different sources.
This group buy seems a tad bit unreasonable. However I wish you the best of luck!
Thanks! I just wanted a quick one to give some people jelly POMs since it's been so long and there's no economical way for an individual to get one here, as buying from Taobao comes with prohibitive shipping costs. I grabbed a set with a buddy of mine and we split shipping two weeks prior to the IC and found the products to be legitimate and AWESOME. So I wanted to spread the joy a little. This is really just a GB from Taobao rather than the usual GBs which involve custom parts being made-to-order, and taking much longer as a result. The items are all from the same seller. :)

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 00:34:22 »
Will you be offering a stepped capslock?

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 01:35:51 »
Will you be offering a stepped capslock?
A stepped capslock should be included with all sets (I know my 87-key rainbow set did).

Offline primitiveType

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 23:24:41 »
I know I'm pretty late and this is a pretty crazy request, but is there any chance I could get a set to cover an ergodox? I saw you were a bit flexible about the 108 key set so thought I'd ask. I'd be willing to pay extra for it, and maybe get two sets (one white, one transparent). Below is the list of caps needed for a dox:
16 - Row 1 - 1u
14 - Row 2 - 1u
10 - Row 3 - 1u
20 - Row 4 - 1u
2 - Row 1 - 1.5u
2 - Row 2 - 1.5u
6 - Row 3 - 1.5u
2 - Row 4 - 1.5u
4 - Row 2 - 2u

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 13:01:37 »
I know I'm pretty late and this is a pretty crazy request, but is there any chance I could get a set to cover an ergodox? I saw you were a bit flexible about the 108 key set so thought I'd ask. I'd be willing to pay extra for it, and maybe get two sets (one white, one transparent). Below is the list of caps needed for a dox:
16 - Row 1 - 1u
14 - Row 2 - 1u
10 - Row 3 - 1u
20 - Row 4 - 1u
2 - Row 1 - 1.5u
2 - Row 2 - 1.5u
6 - Row 3 - 1.5u
2 - Row 4 - 1.5u
4 - Row 2 - 2u
Responded via PM on reddit.

Offline primitiveType

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 15:31:06 »

(For posterity - He wasn't able to do ergodox set)

Thanks for the response. Ordered anyways. Happy to finally get some POM, and maybe I can trade people for their extra num-pad keys to fill my dox. Not sure where I will find 1.5u though  :eek: . I wish now more than ever that the dox had 1u keys on the sides

Offline dante

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 15:34:25 »
LunarisDream - at the time of this posting you only have 32 posts.  What can you do to convince nervous folks that you're the real deal?

Offline wilarseny

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 17:14:37 »

The reddit posts garnered a bit more response, to be fair: https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/3fq633/ic_rainbowwhitetransparent_blank_jelly_pom_sets/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/3g19sp/gb_rainbowwhitetransparent_blank_jelly_pom_sets/

LunarisDream - at the time of this posting you only have 32 posts.  What can you do to convince nervous folks that you're the real deal?

I'm in the GB. Combo of fairly low total cost + confirmed mechmarket trades was enough for me. Obviously it would be different if this were a GB for a full Korean custom or something. $40 for some keycaps is a lot more low-risk. But everyone has different levels of risk tolerance, I suppose.

Offline Phinnegan

• I have a new addiction.
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 17:21:28 »
I'm in the GB. Combo of fairly low total cost + confirmed mechmarket trades was enough for me. Obviously it would be different if this were a GB for a full Korean custom or something. $40 for some keycaps is a lot more low-risk. But everyone has different levels of risk tolerance, I suppose.

Same here, you gotta start somewhere.  If it falls through, I'll rage for a bit and be over it.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 21:52:56 »

(For posterity - He wasn't able to do ergodox set)

Thanks for the response. Ordered anyways. Happy to finally get some POM, and maybe I can trade people for their extra num-pad keys to fill my dox. Not sure where I will find 1.5u though  :eek: . I wish now more than ever that the dox had 1u keys on the sides
Hey, if you know the specific keys that you'd need on top of your order, let me know. I can probably get the seller to send a few extra caps, and if not, I'll just break apart a set of my own and add that to yours for free. Don't want you to be without a full set even after ordering two.

Same here, you gotta start somewhere.  If it falls through, I'll rage for a bit and be over it.
No rage will happen. I guarantee it.

The reddit posts garnered a bit more response, to be fair: https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/3fq633/ic_rainbowwhitetransparent_blank_jelly_pom_sets/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/3g19sp/gb_rainbowwhitetransparent_blank_jelly_pom_sets/

Thanks for your support and trust. :)

Not much, I suppose. I've disclosed that I'm going to be leaving at the end of the month to study abroad, so there is the chance that I'll quite literally flee the country with your money.

Just kidding.

I have 65+ confirmed trades on /r/hardwareswap on reddit from swapping computer parts, full computers, and more. I also have responsibilities on other parts of the internet under the same name, such as scanlating manga. My reddit account is over 3 years old and I have used this same username across the internet, so ruining the reputation of this name would mean I'd have to delete everything and start anew, and that's quite a hassle. Besides, about 85% of the orders were made through Paypal invoice, which protects the buyer should the seller turn out to be a scammer.

I didn't even have a menhanical keyboard until about 4 months ago, when a user on reddit sold me his Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja w/ MX browns, so I haven't had much time to build up my rep on here. You can count on that changing in the next couple of months.  ;D

But if you don't want to risk it, I understand entirely. There will be more opportunities in the future through Feng and Ivan.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 August 2015, 21:54:30 by LunarisDream »

Offline ika

Re: [GB] Blank jelly POMs, Gateron clear tops, and more! (ends in 1 hour)
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 23:34:39 »
I mentioned this in my comments section in my order form, but I figured other people may also be interested: are shipping prices bundled into the prices? That kind of de-incentivizes making larger orders, especially of the Gateron switches. Shouldn't there be a discount for those who order more packs of switches?

If shipping prices aren't included then ignore this post, I guess.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 00:26:45 »
I mentioned this in my comments section in my order form, but I figured other people may also be interested: are shipping prices bundled into the prices? That kind of de-incentivizes making larger orders, especially of the Gateron switches. Shouldn't there be a discount for those who order more packs of switches?

If shipping prices aren't included then ignore this post, I guess.
I'm eating the shipping for smaller orders of switches. For example, if you order just one 7-pack Gateron browns and nothing else, I'd only be left with about a quarter to cover the cost of the switches. If a larger number of switches were ordered, then the remainder of the extra cost would go toward international shipping. I budgeted the prices so that everyone would cover a fair share of the international shipping cost proportional to the size/weight of their order.

Although, in hindsight, it may have been better to spend some more time and calculate the exact costs of everything to distribute it in a more methodical manner by separating the costs by type.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 August 2015, 00:46:53 by LunarisDream »

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 00:46:03 »
Accidental double post

Offline wilarseny

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 01:25:44 »

Thanks for your support and trust. :)

Good timing on these posts :P

Offline midlan

Re: [GB] Blank jelly POMs, Gateron clear tops, and more! (invoices sent)
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 16:45:21 »
When you will be sending the packages? I am from Europe, but my friend will be in US soon. Interested in clear tops and white LEDs.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 19:13:02 »
When you will be sending the packages? I am from Europe, but my friend will be in US soon. Interested in clear tops and white LEDs.
Within the next two weeks.

Offline midlan

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 18:55:59 »
Can I still enter to this group by or I'm late?

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 00:33:14 »
Can I still enter to this group by or I'm late?
Ehhhhhhhh, it depends on what you wanted to get. Get back to me ASAP, preferably via PM so I get notified.

Offline dante

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 00:41:39 »
If all you want is a rainbow pom 104 set, qtan restocked his store.