Author Topic: [GB] GMK Hydro | (Completed)  (Read 210325 times)

Offline Overchecken8

Re: [GB] GMK Hydro | (Shipping to Keyclack)
« Reply #450 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 22:45:00 »
A bunch of stuff has been packaged and tracking, etc will be sent later tonight.

Pretty sure I'll have it done 100% tomorrow or so. Thanks for your patience.

On another note, I'm down to last few units. Maybe 5 or something like that.

And GMK said they have some spare novelty sets (about 10), that they will be shipping to me soon. So watch out for those.
Mother of god... will they be posted on the site randomly when they get there? Or will we have a heads up before they go on sale?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #451 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 22:48:15 »
A bunch of stuff has been packaged and tracking, etc will be sent later tonight.

Pretty sure I'll have it done 100% tomorrow or so. Thanks for your patience.

On another note, I'm down to last few units. Maybe 5 or something like that.

And GMK said they have some spare novelty sets (about 10), that they will be shipping to me soon. So watch out for those.
Mother of god... will they be posted on the site randomly when they get there? Or will we have a heads up before they go on sale?

I'll send out an email via the mailing list I have.

Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #452 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 18:39:59 »
Hi everyone,

Tracking etc has been sent out to everyone.

A few remain, but those are some special cases here and there. Thanks for being part of this buy!

Make sure to check out GMK Pyro, which is coming soon, and GMK Mute which is in the ic sub! https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87824.0

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #453 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 07:10:31 »
anyone else's tracking sitting at Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item since Feb 18th? Usually it sits there for a day or two but it's basically been a week now.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline jmdaly

« Reply #454 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 07:53:57 »
anyone else's tracking sitting at Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item since Feb 18th? Usually it sits there for a day or two but it's basically been a week now.

Mine was shipped internationally with DHL, but I had a similar message for about two weeks. The status was 'shipping label created' for two weeks. Then, one day, the status changed, the parcel started to move, and it arrived the next day. Hopefully it's a similar situation for you.

Offline RubenMcNoobin

« Reply #455 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 09:37:06 »

I'm in the same situation, my package has been in "Pre-Shipment" since the 18th as well.

Silenced Novatouch           K70 RGB          Magicforce-68

Offline codedisorg

« Reply #456 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 12:06:20 »

I'm in the same situation, my package has been in "Pre-Shipment" since the 18th as well.

Anything that was sent over the weekend was delayed till Tuesday thanks to the holiday on Monday. Mine finally updated last night saying its at a facility in Georgia. Seeing as I'm in NorCal and jchan is in SoCal I 'm a little bit worried, but hopefully I'll get my Hydro set intact.

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #457 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 12:10:55 »
I'm aware of the delay due to the Holiday, so nothing should've happened until Tuesday but usually something doesn't sit with no movement for days saying awaiting receipt, generally that only lasts a day max and then it says accepted etc. If you read the notification at face value it's basically implying that they've received notification of the shipment, but haven't received the actual package which I don't think is the case.

It'll probably update at some point over the next day and have somehow traveled through 4 facilities in a day. Just wanted to see if anyone else had the same thing going on. I ordered something else from California that also sat for a while but has since been delivered so it sounds like maybe things have been a little hectic on west coast USPS.

Offline RubenMcNoobin

« Reply #458 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 13:13:57 »

Anything that was sent over the weekend was delayed till Tuesday thanks to the holiday on Monday. Mine finally updated last night saying its at a facility in Georgia. Seeing as I'm in NorCal and jchan is in SoCal I 'm a little bit worried, but hopefully I'll get my Hydro set intact.

I will say though, I've twice in the past year had something sent through USPS, found myself in this pre-shipment limbo, and then the day before arrival suddenly it dumps all the prior updates during its trip. It wouldn't surprise me if that's the case now that I think about it.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #459 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 13:19:20 »
I'm aware of the delay due to the Holiday, so nothing should've happened until Tuesday but usually something doesn't sit with no movement for days saying awaiting receipt, generally that only lasts a day max and then it says accepted etc. If you read the notification at face value it's basically implying that they've received notification of the shipment, but haven't received the actual package which I don't think is the case.

It'll probably update at some point over the next day and have somehow traveled through 4 facilities in a day. Just wanted to see if anyone else had the same thing going on. I ordered something else from California that also sat for a while but has since been delivered so it sounds like maybe things have been a little hectic on west coast USPS.

FWIW, twice now I've had USPS tracked packages stuck at the pre-shipment page right up until I have the parcel physically in my hands a few weeks later
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #460 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 14:02:53 »
That day, my office shipped about 200 orders or so (other business too). We get usps to pick it up.

Just wait a few days. If not, email me. Usps has been like this for a little while and hasn't scanned a few. I've even had a case recently where the usps person signed for the package but left it on the door... (like wut).

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #461 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 14:08:12 »
That day, my office shipped about 200 orders or so (other business too). We get usps to pick it up.

Just wait a few days. If not, email me. Usps has been like this for a little while and hasn't scanned a few. I've even had a case recently where the usps person signed for the package but left it on the door... (like wut).

Sounds good man and makes complete sense now that you bring in that context. I'm really not too worried about it, I know it will show up eventually :) just can't wait to get my first GMK set.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #462 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 17:19:08 »
hi everyone,

I've talked to USPS about a bunch of packages that have been lost, and I'm looking to just drop them from keyset delivery completely and rolling with FedEX/DHL. Cables, and small stuff will go through with USPS but having lost about 8 hydro packages hurts.

Hope to get everyone situated soon. Thanks for your patience.

Offline CMYK

« Reply #463 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 18:44:05 »

GMK said they have some spare novelty sets (about 10), that they will be shipping to me soon. So watch out for those.

OH, I WILL.

Is there a hidden stash of the blue spacebars?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #464 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 20:42:00 »

GMK said they have some spare novelty sets (about 10), that they will be shipping to me soon. So watch out for those.

OH, I WILL.

Is there a hidden stash of the blue spacebars?

Haha, unfortunately not.

In other news, if you got some messed up keycaps, we'll be processing the replacements (like compiling our order for replacements) Mid March so you can get the proper keys.

You will need to submit photos of each key (in detail, with a good quality photo) with the damage. Please keep a look out for the form. The replacements will come free, but shipping is up in the air. I'm thinking 50/50 for shipping these in a mailer envelope with tracking and plenty of bubble wrap.

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #465 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 21:22:20 »
hi everyone,

I've talked to USPS about a bunch of packages that have been lost, and I'm looking to just drop them from keyset delivery completely and rolling with FedEX/DHL. Cables, and small stuff will go through with USPS but having lost about 8 hydro packages hurts.

Damn, that's ****ty to hear. Mine finally moved (I knew my post would do it) and is now apparently in Houston.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #466 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 21:25:22 »
hi everyone,

Had two packages I shipped get lost by USPS recently.  One was going a couple states over and took 1.5 months to arrive.  The other just went poof into the air.. they can't even track it anymore.  You're making a good decision.
keyboards.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #467 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 07:02:17 »
Living in Norway where the mail system is undercharging massively in comparison with other countries, yet delivering flawless deliveries 99.999% of the time, the fact that Americans still use USPS is baffling to me. You know, like Trump being elected or even having not been jailed for life for repeated fraud...

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #468 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 09:59:21 »
Living in Norway where the mail system is undercharging massively in comparison with other countries, yet delivering flawless deliveries 99.999% of the time, the fact that Americans still use USPS is baffling to me. You know, like Trump being elected or even having not been jailed for life for repeated fraud...

This is very interesting.

Offline codedisorg

« Reply #469 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 12:19:58 »
Living in Norway where the mail system is undercharging massively in comparison with other countries, yet delivering flawless deliveries 99.999% of the time, the fact that Americans still use USPS is baffling to me.

I'd love to see where the stats on Posten Norge show 5 9's for reliability. Also, while I can't find updated stats -- according to the BBC back in 2012 it was the most expensive of the 65 countries they surveyed.

That said, the answer to why most people in the US still use USPS -- it's really, really cheap and relatively reliable. A first class stamp is just under 50 cents. Most bubble mailers can be shipped anywhere in the country for under $5. Sure, the parcel fees are more expensive (smallest boxes are $5 and fixed rate tops off at $20) but they're still dirt cheap. Compare that to 140NOK for a small parcel in Norway  -- I believe with the exchange rate that's around $15 now?

In my experience, the majority of my issues with the USPS have come from the first leg or last leg. This really depends on the quality and efficiency of the local post office. Given that the US is 9.8 million km2 and has 320 million people, the scale they deal with is a few orders of magnitude larger that of Norway's postal system and also therefore subject to larger variability across the country.

Combine the facts that the postal workers have to visit every household 6 days/wk and that the average household is getting more parcels (thanks Amazon but really thanks ePacket -- another huge source of loss) but less daily mail (since the peak in 2006) while Congress has been forcing them to increase spending but still balance their budget -- it's no surprise that USPS employees are overworked and stretched way too thin (ever heard the term "going postal"?). The bandaid solution of hiring "transitional" mailmen year round to deal with dense urban populations relieves stress from the USPS but also decreases reliability (both of the stolen packages I've had this past year were stolen by one of these temps).

Politics aside, USPS is the classic example of you get what you pay for. If us Americans were willing to spend more on a government service (which we generally hate doing) then it'd probably increase in quality but instead we want it both cheap and as reliable as it was when the system had to deal with half the volume.

Offline codedisorg

« Reply #470 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 18:56:56 »
Mine just arrived despite the detour to Atlanta. No entling or camo mods though.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #471 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 07:04:49 »
Living in Norway where the mail system is undercharging massively in comparison with other countries, yet delivering flawless deliveries 99.999% of the time, the fact that Americans still use USPS is baffling to me.

I'd love to see where the stats on Posten Norge show 5 9's for reliability. Also, while I can't find updated stats -- according to the BBC back in 2012 it was the most expensive of the 65 countries they surveyed.

That said, the answer to why most people in the US still use USPS -- it's really, really cheap and relatively reliable. A first class stamp is just under 50 cents. Most bubble mailers can be shipped anywhere in the country for under $5. Sure, the parcel fees are more expensive (smallest boxes are $5 and fixed rate tops off at $20) but they're still dirt cheap. Compare that to 140NOK for a small parcel in Norway  -- I believe with the exchange rate that's around $15 now?

In my experience, the majority of my issues with the USPS have come from the first leg or last leg. This really depends on the quality and efficiency of the local post office. Given that the US is 9.8 million km2 and has 320 million people, the scale they deal with is a few orders of magnitude larger that of Norway's postal system and also therefore subject to larger variability across the country.

Combine the facts that the postal workers have to visit every household 6 days/wk and that the average household is getting more parcels (thanks Amazon but really thanks ePacket -- another huge source of loss) but less daily mail (since the peak in 2006) while Congress has been forcing them to increase spending but still balance their budget -- it's no surprise that USPS employees are overworked and stretched way too thin (ever heard the term "going postal"?). The bandaid solution of hiring "transitional" mailmen year round to deal with dense urban populations relieves stress from the USPS but also decreases reliability (both of the stolen packages I've had this past year were stolen by one of these temps).

Politics aside, USPS is the classic example of you get what you pay for. If us Americans were willing to spend more on a government service (which we generally hate doing) then it'd probably increase in quality but instead we want it both cheap and as reliable as it was when the system had to deal with half the volume.
You're confusing apples and oranges. Posten delivers differently than the USPS, which hardly even use planes anymore. They send packages across the country on trucks and charge hardly nothing, or they charge far more than in Norway and send them on planes, yet still deliver them slower.
Not to mention cost-of-living. It's FAR more expensive to live in Norway, which means that while the price of stamps may be higher, the relative cost (labour hours) is actually far lower than you might think. There are numbers and ways to calculate this, but the numbers change all the time, and I don't think the discussion is worth the effort.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 February 2017, 07:09:48 by tofgerl »

Offline kikilink333

« Reply #472 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 10:09:24 »
Got the keycaps everything looks great.  Will be waiting to use them til I get my ZZ96 build. Thanks for the smooth group buy.

Offline codedisorg

« Reply #473 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 11:23:25 »
That said, the answer to why most people in the US still use USPS -- it's really, really cheap and relatively reliable.
There are numbers and ways to calculate this, but the numbers change all the time, and I don't think the discussion is worth the effort.

You're right, comparing the postal service for a 300k km2 country of 5.5 mill people and a country 30x the size and 50x the people is an apples to oranges comparison -- the scale just can't compare. And it's not worth delving into politics and driving this discussion off topic.

But that doesn't change the answer to your original question: shippers use USPS because its cheaper than the other options, usually UPS and Fedex, and it's generally reliable enough.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #474 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 14:05:40 »
Yet I am comparing the prices. And I say that us Norwegians get better service for our money than the americans.

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #475 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 20:09:16 »
Package successfully came into my office while I was out on vacation last week. I swung by there today to pick up my mail and Receiving left a note saying that the package arrived open and it does indeed look like the tape and label somehow got peeled back during transit. Thankfully, everything inside looks okay, but my package seems to be missing a spacebar kit. Already made sure to submit a support ticket, hopefully we can get it sorted.

I'll check the keys later for any signs of damage. Nothing too obvious from a quick glance.

Offline RubenMcNoobin

« Reply #476 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 14:40:03 »

This is exactly what happened. I got a ticket on my door Friday that I missed the delivery for signing for my package and I didn't have any tracking update until that day! Good to see it's (mostly) here, now I just need to make time to stop by the post office and pick it up before work tomorrow  :thumb:

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #477 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 19:11:40 »
Got mine today.

Wow, looks even better in person. First GMK set I'm pretty impressed with the crisp legends and vibrant colors. Feels awesome too, ABS smoothness compared to 'dry' PBT.

Problem with this set is it looks so good that I'm never going to want to type on it and desecrate the beauty.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #478 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 20:16:15 »
Problem with this set is it looks so good that I'm never going to want to type on it and desecrate the beauty.

Wow. You desecrate it by not using it. A shiny GMK set is one that's loved.

Offline K.Mak

« Reply #479 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 06:55:38 »
hi everyone,

I would suggest that even if you don't drop them, you should have FedEx/UPS as an alternative. I would advise against DHL. There's only like one DHL terminal in my city way across town and their drivers don't like making multiple trips so despite requesting signatures or whatever, they are likely to leave it at the door. I'm sure that I like many others would pay extra for peace of mind when it comes to shipping high cost items.

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #480 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 08:36:58 »

Wow. You desecrate it by not using it. A shiny GMK set is one that's loved.

You're not wrong. The white is brighter than my Leopold's so it looks just off enough to bother me. Once my silver KBD75 shows up I'll transfer and use it daily :)

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #481 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 09:17:40 »
Mulled over buying hydro for months to put on my black kdb75. I got mine back in early Jan via the second smaller group buy.
keyboards.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #482 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 12:42:40 »
So, if I haven't heard anything about shipping or tracking numbers, should I panic?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #483 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 14:27:21 »
So, if I haven't heard anything about shipping or tracking numbers, should I panic?

Email. Me your order number mate. Jchan@keyclack.com

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #484 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 14:44:49 »
Package received yesterday and MAN... just a freaking gorgeous keyset. Kudos and thanks jchan, this one is really well done, it's stunning in person.

Packaging- mine also looked like it had a rough journey. One flap was dangling in the wind, but luckily everything was inside - EXCEPT my Hydro camo mods and/or Entling, which I assume fell out in transit... Hmm. Tracking showed it route through Massachusetts (Cali ---> Mass ---> Arizona, of course), so all things considered, I have to be happy that USPS at least got it to me after a quick historic tour of Boston.

Offline Slash Emperor

« Reply #485 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 15:05:00 »
Package received yesterday and MAN... just a freaking gorgeous keyset. Kudos and thanks jchan, this one is really well done, it's stunning in person.

Packaging- mine also looked like it had a rough journey. One flap was dangling in the wind, but luckily everything was inside - EXCEPT my Hydro camo mods and/or Entling, which I assume fell out in transit... Hmm. Tracking showed it route through Massachusetts (Cali ---> Mass ---> Arizona, of course), so all things considered, I have to be happy that USPS at least got it to me after a quick historic tour of Boston.

I gave a hearty hello to the package as it went through my neck of the woods.

Come to think of it, no Hydro camo mods or Entling in my flapped open package, either. Coincidence or conspiracy?

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #486 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 15:12:06 »

Come to think of it, no Hydro camo mods or Entling in my flapped open package, either. Coincidence or conspiracy?

CONSPIRACY!!! There is a mailman somewhere in Boston hoarding Hydro mod sets and Entlings... stalking mm now to bust his ass!  :thumb:

Offline Slash Emperor

« Reply #487 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 15:14:39 »

CONSPIRACY!!! There is a mailman somewhere in Boston hoarding Hydro mod sets and Entlings... stalking mm now to bust his ass!  :thumb:
God I wish that were me.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #488 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 18:38:41 »
Has anyone gotten the artisans?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #489 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 18:39:38 »

btw, I know which order numbers have the artisans.  :))

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #490 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 18:50:14 »

Well, I'm-a hunt them down!

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #491 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 23:45:50 »
I haven't even been able to pick up my package, as I have all my stuff shipped to my permanent residence in Sacramento/Elk Grove while working here in the Bay Area. Hopefully I have a chance to go back and swoop it up :)
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline RubenMcNoobin

« Reply #492 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 11:07:19 »

I still haven't seen anyone claim them and I have yet to pick up my own package... So there's a chance!!  :D

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #493 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 19:19:52 »
Hi everyone,

Looks like this GB went really well.

Thank you all for supporting Keyclack, and the set.

I'm really happy to see all the photos of hydro on boards out there. It brings me so much joy knowing you all liked it.

We'll be preparing for GMK Pyro soon, so make sure to check out the project - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=85606.0;all

The kits are basically identical with some changes such as additional LED caps, changed to Alt Gr, added stepped control/ r3 control, and the accents are using GR1 (off white) instead of N9 (dark grey).

The novelties kit is a lot smaller too, which puts it at 13 keys or so :).

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #494 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 23:29:53 »
just picked up my set finally. threw em onto a 60% and swapped my purple case for a blue. overall, the quality of the caps are good. only complaint i have is legend inconsistency. similar to JTK sophomore sets. the typing feeling of these caps are nice and crisp though. I thoroughly enjoy typing on these.

Here are some quick potato pix I've taken of the board.

162218-0
162220-1
162222-2
162224-3

Here are some pictures of the inconsistency within the legends..
162226-4
162228-5
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #495 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 03:15:11 »
just picked up my set finally. threw em onto a 60% and swapped my purple case for a blue. overall, the quality of the caps are good. only complaint i have is legend inconsistency. similar to JTK sophomore sets. the typing feeling of these caps are nice and crisp though. I thoroughly enjoy typing on these.

Here are some quick potato pix I've taken of the board.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Here are some pictures of the inconsistency within the legends..
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

What up with that I.

We'll have the replacement form up sometime so you can get it fixed.

Thinking late March, early April.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #496 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 13:33:05 »
Hmm, my set looks exactly the same.  Are you saying the I is too far to the left?  If that is the case, then about 50% of the legends are misaligned.

BTW, jchan, you can disregard the ticket I placed on the store.  I got my set today even though I never got confirmation of fulfillment.  It's beautiful! :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 March 2017, 13:35:41 by reececonrad »

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #497 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 17:01:32 »
For me specifically, a handful of letters are thicker/bolder than some others at a glance. Most noticeable on Z X N M.... especially N and M. I had some friends confirm that i wasnt crazy either.. or are we the only ones seeing this?
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 March 2017, 17:03:47 by CJD_Anthony »

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #498 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 23:57:20 »
If you look at other GMK sets, the legend thickness is not uniform.  N, M are always guilty, among others. I don't think you'll get GMK to "fix" them.   The "I" placement is also pretty pretty typical unfortunately, although not always as far left as this set.  Hey, at least the legends aren't crooked like some others heh.. 
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 March 2017, 23:59:47 by tameone »
keyboards.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #499 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 20:21:56 »
That's normal for GMK sets, unfortunately.  That's how their current molds are.  My GMK Cyan set is exactly the same with the thick M, thin N, I being far left, etc.  I.e. it doesn't seem to vary set-to-set.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -