Author Topic: Wireless adapters  (Read 1500 times)

Offline CX23882

Wireless adapters
« on: Sat, 07 February 2009, 14:06:38 »
Try as I might, I haven't been able to find an adapter which converts a USB keyboard to wireless.  What I'm thinking is that you could take your favourite wired USB keyboard, or PS/2 keyboard, and then use it wirelessly (sure, you'd have to wind/tie up the cable).  Is there some technical reason that prevents this, or is there just no market for it?

Offline skriefal

Wireless adapters
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 07 February 2009, 15:02:17 »
I've looked for exactly this sort of device on several occasions -- but have never found one.  I'd certainly appreciate any pointers if anyone does happen to be aware of such a device.

Offline bhtooefr

• this switch can tick sound of music
    • bhtooefr.org
Wireless adapters
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 07 February 2009, 15:19:31 »
There are wireless USB transceivers, but you'd be tied to a wall, and then have to have a big huge transceiver attached to your PC.

It'd be easier to obtain a bluetooth controller and convert the keyboard to use that, except there's not an easy to find bluetooth controller that has publicly available reprogramming information, so you'd have to have a matrix translator that basically takes your existing keyboard's key matrix, decodes it, and then generates a new matrix based on that.