Author Topic: Rapoo v500  (Read 4907 times)

Offline mmmmm

Rapoo v500
« on: Mon, 04 July 2016, 05:26:12 »
If I searched correctly, there wasn't a Rapoo v500 review yet.
Here a very short one. Or be it more a personal view.

Anyway... I recently got a white Rapoo v500 with blue switches, after a rainbow mechanical keyboard which I didn't like (the 'kkmoon Z77', which might be a rebranded 'E-element Gaming Mechanical Keyboard Rainbow Colorful LED Backlit Outemu mechanical Blue switches 87 keys LED Backlight Shine') because of the floating keys.
But, when I selected that rainbow keyboard, I forgot why I didn't select the Rapoo v500.

Now (after purchase) I remember.
The keys at the right are not in a 'normal' position. Because 'normal' layout is in my mind egraved, I constantly have to look at the Rapoo to find the correct keys. Also, because there's no space between F4 and F5, between F8 and F9, I can't find the F-keys on touch alone. Because I use those F-keys constantly, this - again - is no keyboard for me. Not at all. Another one for my pile of 'Unused or give-away' stack.
I've heard that people could get used to dvorak keyboards, after long usage of a qwerty one. But I work at many different places; and I don't want to bring my keyboard with me all the time. So for me, I think the wall to climb would be too steep - I doubt if I could really ever comfortably switch between 'normal' layout and this v500 layout.

Otherwise, as always, blues type way better than rubber domes.

My next purchase might be the USA V80 Tenkeyless Olivetti Quiet Click Keyboard (http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard/usa-v80-tenkeyless-olivetti-quiet-click-keyboard.asp); as a coworker complained about the loud blues.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 July 2016, 03:16:07 by mmmmm »