Author Topic: Project Cosmos - One-off Mechanical Keyboard  (Read 33157 times)

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
Project Cosmos - One-off Mechanical Keyboard
« on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 20:38:24 »
Hey! I'm Adam and I've been planning to build my very own mkb. Its' been a dream of mine since I got into this rabbit hole early 2015. I remember having my first post here asking 'How do I build my own keyboard?' Didn't know by then how crazy, difficult and expensive it is to build one.  :)) I was introduced by a member with the diy kb kits instead. Since then I have owned different types of keyboards. A B.87, HHKB, VE.A, p0k3r, Octagon V2, Novatouch, and a Whitefox. Total of 7 boards. http://imgur.com/a/MPh19. Since I pretty much had all the different layouts already, I've decided to start working on my own keyboard, putting all together the things that I liked. So here's Project COSMOS -- 1 of 1 custom built mechanical keyboard.

More

Design wise, it is about 70% done. There are so much more to add/fix on this one which means that the rendered images above isn't the final design, but this is how I see it as the final product. Main goal of this project is to have a space themed keyboard hence the project name. I am actually free styling the design of this. I had no drawings or any kind to base of the design of this board and at the same time learning how to use CAD app since it is my first try using it. Sorry for crappy rendered images too, it is my first time to use rendering app as well. I will keep this thread updated with all the updates for this project. I must mention now too that this will take months to finish due to my sched/work and budget.   

Btw, I am open to any suggestions. Let me know.

Details/Specs:

• Cnc'd Anodized Aluminum body
  • Polycarbonate Logo Inserts(Top)(Backlit)
  • Polycarbonate Mid Diffuser
  • Gold Plated Logo(Back)
  • Brass/Stainless Steel Engraved Weight InsertsGold Plated Stainless Steel Weight Insert
  • HHKB Layout (1-1.5-6-1.5-1 bottom)-
  • Black Blank PBT Keycaps -
  • Gold Plated Custom Shiny Stainless Steel Plate -   
  • B.face RGB PCB -
  • Hotswappable switch mod -
  • Nixdorf linear switches
  • Custom usb cable.
  • Clear/Gold stabilizers
  • A set of 'gamer set' artisan blanks
  • Budget - RIP

last updated: 12/23/16

*✔ = acquired / finished /in production

[UPDATE]  11/27/16 - pcb, holtite, pbt keyset, prototyping
More

[UPDATE]  12/7/16 - New renders
More
New renders  :thumb: Just a small update, I have aquired some Nixie switches for the board already. As for the plate, it was shipped last week. Not entirely sure when it is gonna arrive. For the design of the case, it is pretty much done. I am just finalizing it then I'll move on the next step and that is finding someone who could manufacture it for a decent price. The board will be attached thru screw holes on the bottom part of the case on the plate of this board. Really loving this color, but it is not the final color. Brass/Stainless weight will either be cnc'd or engrave w/ some info.

[UPDATE]  12/16/16 - Final colors of Cosmos
More
Purple case with gold plated stainless steel plate, weight inserts and logo.

[UPDATE]  12/21/16 - Aluminum Case Prototype and Polycarbonate Pieces
More

[UPDATE]  12/23/16 - Raw smooth finished prototype case
More

[UPDATE]  12/24/16 - Aluminum Case Prototype just arrived
More
aluminum case prototype just arrived. :) Can't believe what I am seeing. It looks freaking cool. Plate and switches needs to be here asap. 

Here's some pics:

[UPDATE]  12/27/16 - Nixdorf switches
More
Harvesting this switches over the weekend. Plate is already at my state. Should arrive anytime this week! :)

[UPDATE]  12/29/16 - SS Plate is here!
More
[update]

[update]

Plate is here! :) The weight insert and logo are in production now. I cannot wait to see the complete case on its final form and color.  :thumb:

Missing a hole for one screw, but that will be an easy fix for  me  :)) Too kbottom pic of it as well which is badly scratched, my bad :D

[UPDATE]  01/09/17 - Polished Weight insert and logo
More
[Update]

Polished stainless steel weight insert and logo was shipped today. It should be here tmo. They're looking good in these photos, but I will still take some more photos of them on the board. I just sent the anodizing shop another email, hoping to get a response this time. I really want the board anodized asap. I will be working next on the cherry profile blanks once I find some free time.  :thumb:

[UPDATE]  01/09/17 - Blank Keycap making!
More
[Update]

Just want to share this pic of my Cherry profile blanks. Theses are Fns. It is a test run. Not so sure if they are okay at the bottom or not. I will have to redo the other molds for other keycap rows. I think it is looking great at this point. The colorway for the Cosmos is def a surprise.  :p

[UPDATE]  01/11/17 - Polished Weight insert and logo arrived - Test fit
More
[Update]

These just came in too! It looks freaking insane.  :eek: I'm so afraid of touching it 'cause I might put a scratch on it. Can't wait til these are gold plated  :thumb:

[UPDATE]  01/21/17 - Cosmos 90% finished - blanks colorway revealed
More
[update]

Here's the photo of 90% finished Cosmos. Help me decide whether to gold plate the SS pieces(Plate, weight insert, logo) or keep them polished instead. Enjoy  :thumb:

« Last Edit: Sun, 22 January 2017, 01:55:17 by adamski07 »

Offline drakeonyou

• facebook
Re: Project Cosmos - '1 of' Mechanical Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 20:51:55 »
I'm excited to see this in it's final form.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 21:44:04 »
Subscribed! Lookin' good! :thumb: :thumb:

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 22:05:11 »
Your renders look great. I'll be keeping an eye on the progress  :thumb:

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 12:56:34 »

Thanks guys! Really wanted this to be done next month, but I doubt I could finish it that early. I am guessing late Jan- early Feb til we see the final product. Would be perfect for the next NA  meetup so more people could see and try it themselves. Still having dilemma for the color of the case. I can't decide between deep purple, a shade of blue, or go black for the case.  :confused:

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 15:40:32 »

Thanks guys! Really wanted this to be done next month, but I doubt I could finish it that early. I am guessing late Jan- early Feb til we see the final product. Would be perfect for the next NA  meetup so more people could see and try it themselves. Still having dilemma for the color of the case. I can't decide between deep purple, a shade of blue, or go black for the case.  :confused:

Different colored bottom too tacky?

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 16:18:56 »

Different colored bottom too tacky?
I don't know bout that. Ill try yo render different color combination and share it here tmo.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 November 2016, 16:57:06 by adamski07 »

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 02:44:35 »
Looking good! Subscribing  :thumb:

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 13:35:23 »
[UPDATE]

Just uploaded pics of what I currently have in hand, including the prototyping process for this project. Many would go straight and have the case cnc'd, but that would be expensive and risky. I decided to design a case in acrylic pieces and have it laser cut. Ran to home depot and bought bolts and nuts to put them together. It looked great. I could actually just improved and fix the issues on the acrylic pieces and stop from there.  :p  It is also much much cheaper this way to prototype a design, more likely a proof concept rather than prototyping, btw. I received the layers couple weeks ago and from then I fixed all the issues that I found. I also received the pcb and gold holtite pins the same day.  :thumb: Last night, the pbt keysets arrived. Tested it on the board and found some more issues and it is now being addressed.  :thumb: All I need now is to finish the case design, have it manufactured somewhere, obtain the nixdorf switches, get back and create artisan keycaps for the gamer set, and we could finally see the end product.

Thanks guys for subbing! I'd appreciate any kinds of  feedback. Feel free to give me suggestions.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 November 2016, 13:37:39 by adamski07 »

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 23:21:47 »
New renders  :thumb: Just a small update, I have aquired some Nixie switches for the board already. As for the plate, it was shipped last week. Not entirely sure when it is gonna arrive. For the design of the case, it is pretty much done. I am just finalizing it then I'll move on the next step and that is finding someone who could manufacture it for a decent price. The board will be attached thru screw holes on the bottom part of the case on the plate of this board. Really loving this color, but it is not the final color. Brass/Stainless weight will either be cnc'd or engrave w/ some info.

« Last Edit: Sun, 11 December 2016, 23:06:19 by adamski07 »

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 01:19:02 »
Following  ;)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 03:46:12 »
Very nice man! How about making it "2 of"? :D

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 13:30:24 »
Looks sexy.

Offline regallegion

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 20:10:12 »
The renders are sexy!

Any reason for choosing the 6u spacebar over the 7u? Seems like cutting key set compatibility on such a nice board would be ill advised.

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 20:15:11 »
The renders are sexy!

Any reason for choosing the 6u spacebar over the 7u? Seems like cutting key set compatibility on such a nice board would be ill advised.
Hhkb layout. It's a 1 of anyway. changing keyset would kill the theme. If ever i decided to use different keyset i.e. a space themed keyset, i can always make a 6u space bar to match the keyset ir use the blank black pbt that i have. i think blanks would fit fine with any other keysets. part of this proj is to make some artisan blanks. Ill be doing that right after i send this in for production.

« Last Edit: Thu, 08 December 2016, 20:50:22 by adamski07 »

Offline regallegion

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 09 December 2016, 18:47:19 »
The renders are sexy!

Hhkb layout. It's a 1 of anyway. changing keyset would kill the theme. If ever i decided to use different keyset i.e. a space themed keyset, i can always make a 6u space bar to match the keyset ir use the blank black pbt that i have. i think blanks would fit fine with any other keysets. part of this proj is to make some artisan blanks. Ill be doing that right after i send this in for production.

That's totally fair! I'm one of those people who loves to swap my sets around all the time, so I figured I ask.

Either way, I love the board!

Offline Panzerhawx

• Endgame is a lie. You just end up buying more.
    • cartel
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 00:30:17 »
Holy CRAP, that looks good.

Offline FioraCorp

• AKA ABC
    • My insta
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 01:55:29 »
Hey Adam!
Adam here xD.  I love these renders dude.
I'm just getting interested in making my own keyboard, but this is something else man.
I'm excited to follow along and see where this is going.  So curious what that quote is gonna be when you go to CNC it xD

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 17:17:16 »
Holy CRAP, that looks good.

Hey Adam!
Adam here xD.  I love these renders dude.
I'm just getting interested in making my own keyboard, but this is something else man.
I'm excited to follow along and see where this is going.  So curious what that quote is gonna be when you go to CNC it xD

Thanks guys. I have submitted the case design to one of the shops that I've dealt with before. They have responded with a quote already. I will double check the design tonight and finalize it with them. I didn't submit the weight insert on the case, I do not know what to put in there yet. As soon as I can, I will try to start working on the artisan blanks for this board. The custom plate is on it's way to me as well. Hopefully, it will arrive in 1-2 weeks.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 December 2016, 19:50:00 by adamski07 »

Offline Panzerhawx

• Endgame is a lie. You just end up buying more.
    • cartel
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 13 December 2016, 01:46:46 »
Honestly, after you complete this astounding project, you should turn it into a group buy.

...Of course, with other colours / slightly modified "mass production" design, so YOUR Cosmos will always, truly, be '1 of'.  :thumb:

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 13 December 2016, 08:16:25 »
I really like the design! My only thing is, and i'm sure others that hate branding are thinking, is there anyway to get a version w/o the logo on the top, and or make it smaller?

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 13 December 2016, 09:32:06 »
Honestly, after you complete this astounding project, you should turn it into a group buy.

...Of course, with other colours / slightly modified "mass production" design, so YOUR Cosmos will always, truly, be '1 of'.  :thumb:

I really like the design! My only thing is, and i'm sure others that hate branding are thinking, is there anyway to get a version w/o the logo on the top, and or make it smaller?

I honestly don't want to deal with GBs and its crap. Letting someone else to handle it isn't gonna happen as well. For the branding, I thought of removing it so I could save couple hundred bucks for it. But the lit logo is one of the feature I'd like to see on this board. Also thought that I could always order another Alu top without it if in case I want it to look diff.  :thumb:

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 13 December 2016, 12:53:11 »
Just added a notch on the bottom case for easy removal of the weight inserts.   :thumb:

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 13 December 2016, 18:54:05 »
How about a Dark Grey Cosmos?  :p

But purple is  :-* :-*

« Last Edit: Tue, 13 December 2016, 19:58:41 by adamski07 »

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 13 December 2016, 18:58:13 »
Watching!  :thumb:

waiting for the Cosmos Dust version.

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 13 December 2016, 19:42:19 »
Watching!  :thumb:

waiting for the Cosmos Dust version.

Cosmos Full of Dust*  :):):))

Guys, help me pick the color. I'd really love to have it in deep purple. Also, I saw this vid of a supercar earlier with amethyst purple as its color. It's black in low light, but purple in day light. I'll try to find a shop that anodizes Alu with that color and probably go with that.  :thumb:

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 13 December 2016, 20:07:45 »

maybe something to this effect?

155408-0

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 13 December 2016, 20:30:01 »

maybe something to this effect?

(Attachment Link)

Exactly that one, but w/ matte finish.  :thumb:

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 13 December 2016, 20:57:55 »
Really awesome. :thumb:
Any oppotunity to possess 65% version of this fascinating one?
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 08:04:26 »

I do not know what my next proj will be after this one. I'm looking into learning how to create PCBs next and then start with that. I'd love to build a split kb for my next one. Light, small, and unique.  :thumb:

Offline luckyryan333

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 08:11:29 »

I do not know what my next proj will be after this one. I'm looking into learning how to create PCBs next and then start with that. I'd love to build a split kb for my next one. Light, small, and unique.  :thumb:

Look forward to your next splendid work. :thumb:
No PaiN, No GaiN
More

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 08:20:38 »

But let's finish this one first. Lol. My goal is have this done by jan 21st so I could bring it on the nxt northern california meetup at WASD.

Offline luckyryan333

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 08:26:13 »

But let's finish this one first. Lol. My goal is have this done by jan 21st so I could bring it on the nxt northern california meetup at WASD.

Sounds great! Don't forget to post real photos of your work before leaving. ;-)
No PaiN, No GaiN
More

Offline menuhin

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 09:03:02 »
Why the best projects are always not for purchase?
While the for-profit business oriented projects are always so hastily done, and their price set as much as whatever better projects they may be able to match up to.

At least we can have some eye candies!
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 09:30:27 »
While the for-profit business oriented projects are always so hastily done, and their price set as much as whatever better projects they may be able to match up to.

Not really. There are beautiful boards out there from previous GBs. Attached to a nicely done designed board is premium price. This board gonna cost me fortune for sure, but it will be worth it in the end. If ever I turn this into GB, only few will be able to afford the case. And that's just the alu case. You add the plate, pcb, switches, and anodizing for the case, it will be expensive. Simplier design is cheaper to make, much less if plenty of them are ordered.

« Last Edit: Wed, 14 December 2016, 12:05:47 by adamski07 »

Offline menuhin

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 12:27:47 »

Not really. There are beautiful boards out there from previous GBs. Attached to a nicely done designed board is premium price. This board gonna cost me fortune for sure, but it will be worth it in the end. If ever I turn this into GB, only few will be able afford the case. And that's just the alu case. You add the plate, pcb, switches, and anodizing for the case, it will be expensive. Simplier design is cheaper to make, much less if plenty of them are ordered.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk[/spoiler]

To be honest, for me, the most jaw-dropping boards are from the "Making Stuff Together" section in terms of aesthetics, ambition, and creativity. Many of the long-running GBs were brainchilds of previous DIY projects by long-time DIY keyboard enthusiasts, e.g. Planck, ErgoDox, WKL & VE.A from Korea, and RedScarf from China.

I insist that your project looks more solid than 99% (if not all) of the group buy - and please make it happen.  ;D
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 16:29:13 »

Not really. There are beautiful boards out there from previous GBs. Attached to a nicely done designed board is premium price. This board gonna cost me fortune for sure, but it will be worth it in the end. If ever I turn this into GB, only few will be able afford the case. And that's just the alu case. You add the plate, pcb, switches, and anodizing for the case, it will be expensive. Simplier design is cheaper to make, much less if plenty of them are ordered.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk[/spoiler]

To be honest, for me, the most jaw-dropping boards are from the "Making Stuff Together" section in terms of aesthetics, ambition, and creativity. Many of the long-running GBs were brainchilds of previous DIY projects by long-time DIY keyboard enthusiasts, e.g. Planck, ErgoDox, WKL & VE.A from Korea, and RedScarf from China.

I insist that your project looks more solid than 99% (if not all) of the group buy - and please make it happen.  ;D

Thanks let's hope that everything will go smoothly and that the first cut is good. If ever there are mistakes, hopefully it is minimal that I could fix it on my own as I cannot afford on getting another one. I have an ETA for the case by the end of the year. I'm already looking for a local shop that could anodized the case so it will be done faster. As for the weight inserts, I can have it manufacture later. My worries are all on the artisan blanks that I am going to make, I do not have much time for it and it's takes a lot of time to create a set, but I'll def start with it as soon as I can.

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 20:04:51 »
[Update]

So I already found an anodizing shop nearby that does color anodizing. Here's a sample photo of the purple on aluminum piece. They do beadblasting as well which I will have my case treated to remove tool markings. I will have mine in darker shade, closer to amethyst purple.  :thumb:
More

Final colors is gonna be a purple case with gold plated stainless steel plate, weight inserts and the logo. One thing I hate with holiday seasons is that everything you purchase online are always delayed. I am still waiting for the plate and switches packages to arrive. I haven't seen any movement of the packages since last week.  :'(  Also, there will be another NC meetup on Jan. Either on the 14th or 21st. Finished or unfinished, I will be bringing this board with me. So if you'd like to see in person, come over. If everything goes as planned, I am def gonna have a Merry Christmas as the aluminum case package will be delivered on 24th. I will share the photos of the prototype case as soon as I received them.  :thumb:

More

edit: There are changes on materials as well. The clear logo and the diffuser will be made out of clear poly carbonate plastic as it is a much stronger material than acrylic tho a bit more expensive. For the weight inserts and back logo, they will be made out of stainless steel so I could have the two together with the custom plate gold plated or at least anodized with gold color.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 December 2016, 21:17:40 by adamski07 »

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
Re: Project Cosmos - One-off Mechanical Keyboard
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 15:24:36 »
Just another small update for the plated stainless steel logo. I will also have it cnc'd for a better look. I think this looks better than flat ones. I'm also working in the SS weight inserts now. Also, I should have an update of the Alu case on Friday/Sat. Will post it here right away. For the plate (in US land now) and switches, they're stuck somewhere in this planet. :/  Working on this project on a holiday season isn't the right timing.

« Last Edit: Tue, 20 December 2016, 19:16:23 by adamski07 »

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 23:05:52 »
Just finished the design of the gold plated stainless steel weight insert. I will submit both this and the logo for a quote tonight. I was also updated by the shop that the Aluminum case and poly carbonate pieces are almost done.  :thumb: I cannot wait to get my hands on the case prototype!  :-*

Offline FioraCorp

• AKA ABC
    • My insta
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 23:09:24 »
hahahaha I love it!  That "Designed in California" has a very Apple vibe to it xD

I'm interested to hear what you get back for a quote, if you're willing to share the specifics.

Stoked to see n01/01 sometime soon.

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 23:13:02 »
hahahaha I love it!  That "Designed in California" has a very Apple vibe to it xD

I'm interested to hear what you get back for a quote, if you're willing to share the specifics.

Stoked to see n01/01 sometime soon.

haha. it was actually inspired by Apple.  :p Was planning to do "Designed in California, Assembled in 'Murica"   :p  :p  /jk

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 09:28:18 »
[Update]

I just received photos of the alu and poly pieces. Supposedly, they will ship out the parts tmo, but I asked them to hold onto it first and have the stainless steel pieces quoted so I could have them cnc'd as well and be shipped out together with these pieces. It is looking good. They said they still need to do manual finishing for the alu pieces.  :thumb:

Here are some photos they sent me this morning.

Offline FioraCorp

• AKA ABC
    • My insta
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 01:18:23 »
[Update]

I just received photos of the alu and poly pieces. Supposedly, they will ship out the parts tmo, but I asked them to hold onto it first and have the stainless steel pieces quoted so I could have them cnc'd as well and be shipped out together with these pieces. It is looking good. They said they still need to do manual finishing for the alu pieces.  :thumb:

Here are some photos they sent me this morning.
Show Image

Show Image

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 18:29:39 »
ETA for the case prototype is this coming wed.  :thumb: It looks really nice with raw smooth finish. :) They've decided to test fit the poly inserts as well and made the adjustment so it will fit perfectly on there.  :thumb: I'm so excited!  :p

« Last Edit: Fri, 23 December 2016, 18:32:48 by adamski07 »

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 12:12:11 »
When it's already in your city, but you still have to wait couple days :/ hopefully, eta will change to atleast Monday delivery. :/

Edit: tracking updated. Case is arriving today. :)

Edit: Cosmos case, delivered. More pics later. Plate & switches still on its way to me.
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 December 2016, 16:44:25 by adamski07 »

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 20:09:57 »
[Update]

aluminum case prototype just arrived. :) Can't believe what I am seeing. It looks freaking cool. Plate and switches needs to be here asap.  :p

Here's some pics:

Offline japanitrat

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 09:49:44 »
Been watching this since the first post. Looks amazing! Congrats!

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #48 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 19:16:44 »
Been watching this since the first post. Looks amazing! Congrats!
Thanks for following the build. Board should be done by the end of Jan. :) Can't wait to take final photos of it when it is all done and complete.

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 23:36:20 »
Man this thing is looking beautiful!  I've been following your work for a while now, your Prodigy build from years ago is still one of my favorites.  It's cool to see you moving over and applying your skills to building boards now.  :thumb:
Ion | Keycult | Instagram