Author Topic: DSA algae  (Read 4046 times)

Offline energycow

DSA algae
« on: Sat, 25 July 2020, 03:01:36 »
Hey, would anyone have an interest in a design like this? I haven't seen many lowercase sets besides DSA Magic Girl, though I'm a bit new to the community--maybe you guys generally dislike this aesthetic? Also, thoughts on the brown? I was considering changing it to a more reddish color to fit the simple/retro toy vibe. However, feedback of any kind would be great!

« Last Edit: Sat, 25 July 2020, 03:03:55 by energycow »

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
Re: DSA algae
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 25 July 2020, 07:15:59 »
I think the colourway is quite pleasing, but I can’t say I’m entirely sold on the icon mods. Provided that there’s a standard base kit with the usual labelling, I think it would be pleasant enough to look at :)
"Romeo"     "Split75"   "Melody96"     "KBD8X MKII"     "Womier K87"

Offline Pyk_

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 18:02:25 »
I like to see new icon ideas, and I think you did a good job making logical legends out of a single repeated triangle, but I’m not sure I like the result that much. I think maybe using only that small triangle is a bit too much repetition? I do like the lowercase alphas.

I like the colors and I think you got the green right for algae, but I don’t think I would put it on my own keyboard. I’m just not a fan of that green, or really the idea of algae on my keyboard-lol.

It would definitely be worth trying more red in the brown.

Also, I don’t know how new you are, but recently most proposed DSA sets have been switched to KAT or KAM. I think the profile is similar but offers some advantages over DSA. I actually don’t know the specifics, but just thought I’d mention it in case you hadn’t considered it.

Offline Old_Gold_Hand

• American Haptics
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 07:27:27 »
I think the colourway is quite pleasing, but I can’t say I’m entirely sold on the icon mods. Provided that there’s a standard base kit with the usual labelling, I think it would be pleasant enough to look at :)

Seconded. I really really like the colors but would probably prefer standard modifiers. Also a big fan of DSA.
Love yall

Offline FreshFromTheGrave

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 15:20:16 »
Make sure that you can manufacture it before you go too far down the road! I made the mistake of starting with DSA and then realised they can't dye sub light legends on dark keycaps. I think they're just taking coloured plastic and dye subbing the legend rather than dye subbing the entire keycap like others can.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 18:26:44 »
Hate the small lower case lettering but LOVE the color.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 20:47:30 »
Alt color F row that matches rhodophyta and maybe work in some micro algae symbol on the enter or esc keys