Author Topic: First custom keyboard, need switch advise  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Joe Mama

First custom keyboard, need switch advise
« on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 10:12:24 »
Hello! I am currently in the process of my first custom keyboard, but I am unsure of what switches I need. I am buying the GK64XS with the GMK sumi keycaps, but I'm unsure of what switches are compatible, will any switches be fine? Do I need a specific kind of switch if its rgb? I wanted to buy some gateron black inks and not sure if itll all work together. Thank you ahead of time for your assistance!

Link to keyboard:
https://www.banggood.com/Geek-Customized-GK64XS-RGB-Hot-Swappable-60-pencent-Programmable-bluetooth-Wired-Case-Customized-Kit-PCB-Mounting-Plate-Case-with-Replacable-Space-Key-p-1692275.html?akmClientCountry=America&rmmds=cart_middle_products&ID=62878306288382&cur_warehouse=CN

Offline pewpewnii

Re: First custom keyboard, need switch advise
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 19:53:19 »
Hello! I am currently in the process of my first custom keyboard, but I am unsure of what switches I need. I am buying the GK64XS with the GMK sumi keycaps, but I'm unsure of what switches are compatible, will any switches be fine? Do I need a specific kind of switch if its rgb? I wanted to buy some gateron black inks and not sure if itll all work together. Thank you ahead of time for your assistance!

For me, Im using GK64XS with Kailh Box Jade for 2 months. From the requirement you listed, i think gateron black inks is kinda good for this build

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
Re: First custom keyboard, need switch advise
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 21:19:02 »
this is keycaps thread but I think I can help~

U need 1u Rshift for keycaps,

Gat ink black will work!
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!