Author Topic: GMK Red Samurai R1 vs. R2 quality  (Read 6535 times)

Offline TheMohawkNinja

GMK Red Samurai R1 vs. R2 quality
« on: Mon, 20 February 2023, 10:06:36 »
Hello,

I'm looking on getting the Red Samurai base for my keyboard, however I've seen some people complain that they aren't really up to typical GMK quality (one video I saw even showed a pretty obvious circular molding artifact on one of the keys). According to this list I found, there is an R1 and R2 variant (I'm not looking into the MD, since I am not interested in the Japanese legends), so I am wondering if one of the variants is more par for the course with regards to GMK's reputation for quality than the other.

Thanks,

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
Re: GMK Red Samurai R1 vs. R2 quality
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 20 February 2023, 10:14:10 »
It's an in stock drop set so you're sacrificing quality for convenience. Currently typing on Drop red samurai and I have no real complaints, but I could swear they feel worse than GMK sets I've tried at meets, though the owners of said boards assure me I'm imagining things. YMMV
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline TheMohawkNinja

Re: GMK Red Samurai R1 vs. R2 quality
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 20 February 2023, 10:49:43 »
It's an in stock drop set so you're sacrificing quality for convenience. Currently typing on Drop red samurai and I have no real complaints, but I could swear they feel worse than GMK sets I've tried at meets, though the owners of said boards assure me I'm imagining things. YMMV

Is the whole line of Red/Blue Samurai an in-stock Drop set, or just one of the variants/revisions?