Author Topic: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.  (Read 384346 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.
« Reply #550 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 18:55:37 »
I look forward to the time when people reserve judgement and opinion on various subjects until after they have seen/read/studied/experienced them in full.

Informed opinions are quite valuable, while uniformed speculation is often worse than worthless.

Typically someone will only research the opinion and direction they already agree with, merely to affirm their inner bias/prejudice and voice.

Just the act of research is not enough, one also has to learn to objectively look both ways.  This is Truly what's lacking. 

Anyone can research.. and they almost always do..  Yet the outcome is they're just as uninformed as before. We see this very commonly today, in allegations such as , -- Russians are destroying america --

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #551 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 19:17:08 »
Binging Disenchantment a bit.  Not often I watch more than a few episodes of a show in one day.  The random Futurama references sprinkled about are a nice touch too.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #552 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 22:46:12 »
Just finished Stranger Things Season 3. I thought it was well done, much better than season 2.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #553 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 09:03:01 »
24 S01E01

The first couple of seasons were really good. I hung in for about 4 or 5 but it was just the same thing piled higher and deeper.
Yeah I watched it back in the day as well. I me it through about the episodes this time. It's looks a lot older than I remember. It's a time for show for now when there's nothing else to watch.

Offline mizzoperator

• "This can't be good for me, but I feel great!"
    • Milk Time: The Mizz Domain
« Reply #554 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 14:31:58 »
I mostly watch shows from the old adult swim lineup nowadays, stuff like Sealab 2021 and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
Additionally, I watch some shows from the old MTV lineup or similar (such as Beavis & Butthead or Daria), but it's not often.
Linears are for linear people. No offense if you use linears.
I prefer tactile switches, I'm reluctantly using the AULA SI-859 and my pronouns are she/her.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #555 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 20:25:05 »
I mostly watch shows from the old adult swim lineup nowadays, stuff like Sealab 2021 and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
Additionally, I watch some shows from the old MTV lineup or similar (such as Beavis & Butthead or Daria), but it's not often.

I'm so happy that AS added nearly every episode of every show for free recently. Too bad their video player sucks.

Offline mizzoperator

• "This can't be good for me, but I feel great!"
    • Milk Time: The Mizz Domain
« Reply #556 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 08:03:03 »
I'm so happy that AS added nearly every episode of every show for free recently. Too bad their video player sucks.

Oh my sweet jimmy, they DID? Why did nobody tell me this before?? Thanks for the tip, fren.
I used more unsavory methods before, now I can view all of this stuff without potentially breaking the law!
Linears are for linear people. No offense if you use linears.
I prefer tactile switches, I'm reluctantly using the AULA SI-859 and my pronouns are she/her.

Online phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #557 on: Mon, 07 October 2019, 06:12:31 »
Watched "In the Tall Grass" last night - 2 hours I never get back...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #558 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 11:27:45 »
Haha, not good?

Online phinix

« Reply #559 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 19:46:08 »
Haha, not good?

2 hours about people running in a high grass...
I felt like it was very shallow, even for a horror movie.
But this is just my personal opinion, I would suggest to watch it and then decide if it was good or not:)
Maybe I just have seen too many movies ;)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Online phinix

« Reply #560 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 19:46:39 »
I'm watching Terrace House - learning a lot about Japanese culture:)

Offline sampall

« Reply #561 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 12:39:25 »
I've started the popular Series Money Heist. Netflix has done a great job. Must watch TV series in recent times.

Offline Deadboy

• I have a bad feeling about this.
    • KN1GHT
« Reply #562 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 14:30:49 »
Today, I just started The Project Blue Book!! Loving it so far.  :ufo:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #563 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 15:49:48 »
I just finished Parasyte. Short yet amazing anime series. The best anime series I watched after Death Note.

Chk out Parasite (2019) film, Korea. Hilarious comedy

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #564 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 15:58:48 »
Been rewatching 30 Rock. What a great show, really solid joke writing that holds up and an underrated show. Guess it was overshadowed by The Office and Parks and Rec at the time it was airing.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #565 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 06:41:59 »
Watching Star Wars at 8:00 PM

Online phinix

« Reply #566 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 08:39:29 »
Been rewatching 30 Rock. What a great show, really solid joke writing that holds up and an underrated show. Guess it was overshadowed by The Office and Parks and Rec at the time it was airing.

DO you mean 30 rock or 3rd rock?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #567 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 15:18:26 »

30 Rock with Alec Baldwin and Tina Fey, not the one with John Lithghow and Jason Gordon Levitt

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #568 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 21:49:32 »
Saw le movie of episode 9.

Conehead was best character, plot was confusing but boy was it fun.

For some reason my hands were covered in sweat and my pants were wet after the movie.

Online phinix

« Reply #569 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 19:34:13 »

30 Rock with Alec Baldwin and Tina Fey, not the one with John Lithghow and Jason Gordon Levitt

Aaah, ok, got it:)

I just watched first 4 episodes of Witcher.
Very nice. I read books like 3 times, played the game couple of times as well - show isn't exactly like in the books, but I like it.
Actors are a bit weird plus they jumping around with actual story timeline, but its very nice to watch it. :thumb:

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #570 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 19:45:07 »
First time checking in here. Been watching Kiing of the Hill and Avatar on ArconaiTV, the best streaming site in existence.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #571 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 19:46:39 »

Very nice. I read books like 3 times, played the game couple of times as well - show isn't exactly like in the books, but I like it.
Actors are a bit weird plus they jumping around with actual story timeline, but its very nice to watch it. :thumb:

If Firefly is a 99 on a 1 to 10 scale.

What score would you give Witcher.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #572 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 20:16:03 »

the **** you on about Firefly more than 99 out of 10.

RIP Firefly, #neverforeget

Praise The Expanse #saveus

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #573 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 20:47:13 »

the **** you on about Firefly more than 99 out of 10.

RIP Firefly, #neverforeget

Praise The Expanse #saveus

/Gasp.. Ur so right..

FIrefly 999^999

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #574 on: Sun, 22 December 2019, 09:56:08 »

Just started to watch The Witcher last night & oh man is it good! Took a bit to get used to super Geralt, but dude actually does look like Geralt once you get over it. Although they are making it hard on newcomers. Lots of time jumping in the story that isn't clearly laid out. I've played all the games & read the books, but even found myself confused at times until I realized they were doing a flashback.

Online phinix

« Reply #575 on: Sun, 22 December 2019, 13:22:36 »

Well, from 1 to 10, I would say 8.

As a fan of Witcher universe, I read all the books, watched original Witcher polish tv series, played all the games - Netflix show is a very good stuff, their flashbacks are a bit annoying for Witcher fan, but its ok.
They obviously changed few bits, but I guess it was only to make show more consistent, as they would never had time to tell all from the books.
Overall very strong 8, maayyyybe even 9 ;) A bit subjective as I love Witcher :D

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #576 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 08:04:37 »
Youtube videos

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #577 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 22:37:28 »
Is The Witcher any good, worth the download?

Online phinix

« Reply #579 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 07:32:16 »

tryin' to decide this , 140gb

Yes, worth to watch it.
If you read the books or played the game - yes, it's definitely worth to see it.

Why are you guys downloading it? No Netflix?
If you can get it in 4K, would be best.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #580 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 12:13:55 »
Watching Yuletide Fireplace on Fibe TV

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #581 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 21:11:57 »
This is still one of my favorite Ren and Stimpy episodes, that Phil Hartman opening is just so perfect.
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4wmbga

Offline dondongler

• Gotta Light?
« Reply #582 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 21:25:22 »
Re watching some TNG while I wait for Picard.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #584 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 21:00:21 »
Just started The Mandalorian and mando it's great! How can a show based in the same universe be so much better than any film off it's ilk in over 20 years?

The only thing I hate about the show, and I realize it's the most popular part, is Baby Yoda. And I realize the entire plot hinges on him and that's fine because the plot isn't my issue, but the way they made him look and act reminds me of all the ****ty recent CG Star Wars characters. He's much closer to a Jar Jar then he is to Yoda on any level, and that childish pandering kawaii meme-generating bull**** is in my opinion a huge part of what's been dragging down the franchise the last 20 years. It's like they crafted Baby Yoda in a room full of gen-z cringy meme makers and Facebook moms.

Other than that little green annoyance, the show is great. They made the IG unit just as badass as I'd hoped  :thumb:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #585 on: Sat, 25 January 2020, 01:16:03 »
I did NOT expect a cameo from 'ol Billy Red Balls, what a ****ing trip! Good to see Burr getting acting work if that comedy thing doesn't pan out.

episode 4 so far has been the weakest. Not to give anything away, but there were so many wtf moments that made no sense.

and Baby Yoda still looks like a green Pound Puppy with dilated pupils

The show cost $20 million an episode!?! What the ****! What the actual ****.

One thing that is really cool is having the two main recurring characters not speak much allowing the insulary characters more room to breath. Every supporting character in each episode stands out and remains memorable due to that and the good writing. You can tell they were writing for an individual character, and not simply someone that is only there to drive the plot along. Good stuff.

« Last Edit: Sat, 25 January 2020, 03:11:39 by noisyturtle »

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #586 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 02:43:26 »
The Australian Open: Barry v Riske.
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #587 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 19:42:14 »
Locke and Key on NF.

I was hesitant the first few episodes because almost all the characters seemed unlikable and it is DRASTICALLY different in tone than the comic book. But it being different isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's far less grotesque and violent, but the writers dialed in on a certain family charm for the show. And I think that was the goal, to make the source material more accessible. Just ignore the characters demeanor for the first couple episodes since they all act like complete ****s, because once it gets rolling it's not bad at all. Also if you've read the comics things are a bit out of order, but the overall pacing is much improved in the show.

I'm picky, but would recommend this as worth watching.

edit: ... well it seems the show has Altered Carbon syndrome. Started out well enough, got better and better for a few episodes, then took a huge nosedive.
Disappointing. And the characters remain terrible throughout, they don't grow on you or as characters, they are just ****ty people.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 February 2020, 03:29:20 by noisyturtle »

Offline Kavik

« Reply #588 on: Sun, 09 February 2020, 01:23:15 »
I started watching Justified about a week ago. I like it quite a bit. Not the best thing I've ever seen, but it's definitely enjoyable. Timothy Olyphant's character is likable and interesting, and the regional dialog and accents are well done. I'm consistently impressed with some of the word or pronunciation choices ("tornaduh" instead of "tornado" comes to mind).
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #589 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 15:12:46 »
Episode 04 S10 of Curb Your Enthusiasm was great, really enjoyed it.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #590 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 20:25:17 »
Watching westminster dog show

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #591 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 00:39:10 »
Watching Mindhunters on Netflix.  :thumb:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #593 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 12:07:57 »
Watching Mindhunters on Netflix.  :thumb:

awaiting analysis.

Pretty good. Getting a bit dull in the second season, but overall such a gripping show.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #594 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 08:39:39 »
Been watching Criminal Minds since this is the last season, also Star Trek Picard. Parasite winning the Oscars reminded me that there are some good Korean movies, I popped in my copy of The Witch Part 1 - The Subversion and thoroughly enjoyed it....again.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #595 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 21:40:19 »

Pretty good. Getting a bit dull in the second season, but overall such a gripping show.

Just started S1,   Yikes, now everyone looks dangerous.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #596 on: Fri, 28 February 2020, 20:21:20 »
Rewatched Altered Carbon S1, and finished S2,

Anthony Mackie is such a better Takeshi Kovacs than Joel Kinnaman.

Mackie actually delivers emotion, despite holding down the cool killer archetype,  whereas Kinnaman is very cardboard much of the time.

Glad they brought back some S1 characters in S2,  won't spoil it for ya'll..

Was going to watch -for all mankind- , but then asked this female about it, and she said the raging superficial feminism plot was too strong even for her.

IDK, have you guys seen it ?  any good ?

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #597 on: Sun, 01 March 2020, 07:28:32 »
star wars lore videos

Offline Kavik

« Reply #598 on: Sun, 01 March 2020, 23:45:08 »
I'm all caught up on Better Call Saul now.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline cicada

• Formerly iamacicada
« Reply #599 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 00:06:31 »
I'm all caught up on Better Call Saul now.

samesies