Author Topic: Wotcher!  (Read 1510 times)

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
Wotcher!
« on: Tue, 07 April 2020, 17:04:30 »
I'm shockingly late to the game when it comes to the more custom end of mechanical keyboards. I work in computing, so I spend a lot of my time behind one.

My journey over the past two years has been somewhat erratic. I started as a somewhat typical Corsair peripheral user, with all the RGB you can imagine - so used a K70 for several years before seeing the light.

May 2019:My first non-gaming mech, a Vortex Race 3
May 2019: My first 40%, a Vortex Core
May 2019: I build my first macropad, a Pimoroni Keybow
April 2019: My first 96%, a Vortex Tab90M

I remain comfortable for a while in my staggered world of Vortex keyboards.

October 2019: My first ortholiear, an Idobo 75. My first time trying Colemak too.
November 2019: I want to try split ortho, so I build a Keebio Iris
December 2019: I like the Iris so much that I build another for work. I'm still using Colemak.
December 2019: I build my first QMK macropad, a Keebio BDN9 with dual encoders.
January 2020: I build a pair of RoMac pads, one for work and one for home.

I am comfortable for a little while with Colemak on an ortho layout, but never fully get used to it and working in computing, I find having to switch from QWERTY to Colemak and staggered to ortho all the time jarring, so I decided to go back.

February 2020:
I join my first group buy, GMK Future Funk
February 2020: I build my first custom 96%, a Melody96
March 2020: I build my first 60%, a Tofu + HS60 v3
March 2020: I pick up my first GMK set, Oblivion V2.

Now I'm further down the rabbit hole than I've ever been, I find myself checking IC threads daily and making future plans. This year I feel certain that I'm dive deeper than I've done before, with the 7V GB on the horizon. I'm trying to revitalise my YouTube channel (clocking fourteen years now, since my original vlogger days) with more tech-related content and keyboard stuff; as much as I can manage as a married man in my 30s with a 3-year old, at least.
"Romeo"     "Split75"   "Melody96"     "KBD8X MKII"     "Womier K87"