Author Topic: omnimouse - gamingmouse.com  (Read 3423 times)

Offline cb951303

omnimouse - gamingmouse.com
« on: Tue, 21 April 2009, 04:17:55 »
has anyone tried one of these?

http://gamingmouse.com/

Looks like logitechs 3d mouse but this one is actually a traditional mouse...
Filco Zero FKBN87Z/EB
Kensington Orbit K72337US

Offline Busty

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 21 April 2009, 07:56:34 »
Quote from: cb951303;86626
has anyone tried one of these?

http://gamingmouse.com/

Looks like logitechs 3d mouse but this one is actually a traditional mouse...

Seems like a pimped version of the round Apple mouse that shipped with the first iMacs. I didn't care for that at all, neither did many others.

Offline FKSSR

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 21 April 2009, 07:56:35 »
It looks interesting.  It may not be too hard for me to get used to, since I use "claw/finger grip," as they illustrate in the "tutorial" video.  The top and side buttons don't seem very efficient or nice (and mechanical) to me.
Add me on Steam | Twitter

Offline cb951303

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 21 April 2009, 09:31:19 »
at first it only looked like a toy for gamers but reading all those comments I thought maybe it's something worth buying.
Filco Zero FKBN87Z/EB
Kensington Orbit K72337US

Offline Shmak

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 21 April 2009, 13:11:11 »
I have not used this device so my comments don't have too much weight. But from the look of the thing, the design doesn't seem to make for efficient use of the finger buttons. With the illustrated grip, it appears that only one top button is accessible to the index finger. Considering the shape, if might take some time to learn where the "hidden" grip buttons are, not to mention that attempting to trigger them will most likely move the mouse. And there is no scroll wheel. Personally, the thing looks painful to me both ergonomically and aesthetically.

Offline hotswank

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 21 April 2009, 13:12:32 »
Quote from: FKSSR;86636
It looks interesting.  It may not be too hard for me to get used to, since I use "claw/finger grip," as they illustrate in the "tutorial" video.  The top and side buttons don't seem very efficient or nice (and mechanical) to me.

Just watched the video... what a load of crap, sorry

Offline D-EJ915

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 21 April 2009, 13:34:41 »
The womans voice makes it sound like an adult phone line or something lol.  Especially when they talk about waxing and lubrication LOL!

Anyway as far as the actual mouse...looks like a painful experience, I was cringing when the person's finger was moving around for the buttons, yipes!
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 April 2009, 13:39:03 by D-EJ915 »