Author Topic: Update 2023-06-30: PSA Regarding Mechs & Co and Vendor Group Buys  (Read 131371 times)

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
Re: Update 2023-06-30: PSA Regarding Mechs & Co and Vendor Group Buys
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 17:57:57 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=121348.msg3171199#msg3171199

Posting the new update regarding mech&co here. Please read this as a set you bought may be involved.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline codecoffeecode

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 08 September 2023, 00:04:22 »
It is super cool that Novelkeys is doing this for the community; this honestly seems like a ton of work to do for no repayment beyond good will in the hobby.

I know that Milkyway put the sets destined for Mechs & Co. for sale on their own website a while back, so I'm glad most folks will be able to get their GMK sets.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 08 September 2023, 21:47:03 »
Putting it here as well cause we were talking about it, project keyboard got a court order to dissolve and to end operations (thanks bachoo who was were I found this from)

fjell | hhkb bt

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 10 September 2023, 12:24:57 »
Was able to get Affirm to refund my order for GMK Regal. Despite my order being over their 60 day period, they were kind enough to look into my claim as a one time courtesy.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 02 November 2023, 17:33:23 »
Was already posted in the gmk nord thread but thought would post the reddit thread here.

Reddit thread saying that MK Ultra has shut down

pretty self explanatory, just want to add that apparently he had no money to refund people, so chargeback immediately as you likely won't be getting the items you ordered or your money back from him directly.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 02 November 2023, 18:12:34 »
Was already posted in the gmk nord thread but thought would post the reddit thread here.

Reddit thread saying that MK Ultra has shut down

pretty self explanatory, just want to add that apparently he had no money to refund people, so chargeback immediately as you likely won't be getting the items you ordered or your money back from him directly.

Just want to add that, while this MKUltra situation sucks, it was first announced in April.

The Reddit post linked above says that in MKUltra’s April 2023 Reddit update "the store owner (Erik) announced that the shop would be closing down as soon as possible, citing health reasons" and contains a link to that post - https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/12a1q1o/store_factory_price_on_mx_keycaps_mkultra_is/

The first Q&A point in Erik's April Reddit post:

"But why? This doesn't make any sense and isn't fair to people who paid full price.
Prior to making the decision to mark everything to factory price, I had contacted a number of vendors to see if they would buy out inventory or the entire operation. 100% of those vendors refused and most gave the impression they would rather eat popcorn and wait for fireworks. While this could be paranoia or trying to justify the decision, one of those vendors actually said as much and the others had similar vibes. At the end of the day I decided it should be the customers who benefit from the store closing, rather than benefit other vendors."

In addition to the April GMK Norde post mentioned above, this shutdown was brought up more recently in the GMK Swiss Addon Kit thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=114029.msg3172413#msg3172413

Offline lando langston

• https://keysme.com/
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 07 December 2023, 03:51:34 »
This service is really not good. You need to be informed in advance before anything happens.

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #107 on: Sat, 09 December 2023, 17:23:00 »
I wanted to thank Novelkeys for the amazing job that they have done. for me this hobby is dead and i would have been completely out if it wasnt for novelkeys. I just got all of my MW heresy order including the artisan and i had 100% given up on it. thank you novelkeys and you got a customer for life.
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 December 2023, 05:50:39 by DaaDaa »
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink