Author Topic: Triumph / Ortek Mak-105?  (Read 3225 times)

Offline Devost8r

Triumph / Ortek Mak-105?
« on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 23:19:56 »
Hey guys,

I'm new here. I just wanted to ask about this keyboard. I can't find much, if any mention of it on the web. The Ortek Mac-105 portion of, yes. But the fact that it's labeled as a product of Triumph Technology Corp, is something that I have not found reference of.

It's an Ortek, Mac-105 Board, with Alps 5G Keys, and it has the Futaba Caps Key.  Let me know if you've heard of a Triumph version of this keyboard :)

Thanks. I'll be checking this for replies.
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 February 2016, 23:25:45 by Devost8r »

Offline kekman

• quit life
Re: Triumph / Ortek Mak-105?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 01:15:29 »
looks close to identical to an apple extended, might be just a rebrand? or company only use

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 07:04:46 »
You see one posted here now and then, with different branding, but I have never before seen one with a Futaba switch for the Caps Lock key.

I have had one branded as "Micro WareHouse Inc", model number "Power User 105", but with only white Alps switches and slightly different keycap printing. Same FCC ID, suffixed by "MAC-105" instead of "MAK-105".
The PCB of mine said only "Technology, Inc"... lacking the "Ortek" part.
🍉

Offline Devost8r

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 03:11:12 »
Hi guys. Thanks for the replies. Looks like you were both right. haha

Per Deskthority Wiki

""Ortek Mac-105 is a speculative name for an OEM product re-sold under various names. "ORTEK MAC-105" appears on the PCB of one such keyboard, but another variant has "KB205-5" written on the PCB[1] — there may be more than one product and potentially a change of OEM. The keyboard is possibly styled after the contemporary Apple Extended Keyboard, but with a more modern look that would subsequently be used by Apple with the AppleDesign Keyboard.

The Apple logo on the command key is typically either absent, or replaced with a stylised 'O' (two variants found to date) suggesting "Ortek", or with the SIIG logo.

The FCC ID is widely misprinted on these keyboards; the grantee code of GM8 was mistyped as "GMB", and "MAC" was erroneously written as "MAK".
Variants
Product    OEM model    FCC ID (as printed)    OEM branding    Switches
ETC Power Glide 105    Mac-105 (PCB)    GMB3ZT MAK-105    Ortek (PCB, controller)    Alps SKCM White, with Futaba lock for caps lock
SIIG Suntouch Mac[2]    JK-ML0012    GMB3ZT MAK-105    SIIG (including command key logo)    Unknown white Alps; caps lock switch not known
SIIG MacTouch[3]    JK-ML0012    GMB3ZT MAK-105    SIIG (including command key logo)    
Micro Warehouse Power User 105[4]       GMB3ZT MAK-105       Unknown white Alps; caps lock switch not known
Micro Warehouse Power User 105[1]    KB205-5 (PCB)    KJXKB205    FWEC (PCB)    Unknown white Alps; caps lock is a normal Alps switch
Gallery""

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 04:37:36 »
I added pics of my old keyboard to the DT Wiki. May I add yours?
🍉

Offline Devost8r

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 07:26:54 »
Sure.

I think I'm going to sell this one anyway.

What do you think I should price it at? O should I just auction it on eBay?

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 08:30:39 »
Huh, that's sorta funky. Alps board with a futaba switch? Or do I just not know enough about alps :p
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Devost8r

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 10:17:14 »
Huh, that's sorta funky. Alps board with a futaba switch? Or do I just not know enough about alps :p

It is a little funky, but it shows up as one of the variants on the Wiki. Look at the "Power Glide 105" variant listed.

Not sure why they went with the Futaba for the Caps Lock only, but it seems to be a sturdy switch.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 10:32:46 »
Huh, that's sorta funky. Alps board with a futaba switch? Or do I just not know enough about alps

It is a little funky, but it shows up as one of the variants on the Wiki. Look at the "Power Glide 105" variant listed.

Not sure why they went with the Futaba for the Caps Lock only, but it seems to be a sturdy switch.
Ah, interesting. I loved my Futaba board, really an underrated switch
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"