Author Topic: [GB] MIRA SE - Custom 80% Keyboard (CLOSED)  (Read 494223 times)

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
Thanks for the indepth update ninjadoc! I think you, Photoelectric, and any others involved huge been doing a great job with this GB. Let's not forget how the Mira almost became a dead project but miraculously was revived 🙂. Also I'm all for the updated logo, and don't really mind the very insignificant dimension change (although thinner does seem to be more aesthetically pleasing but 1 mm per side is barely noticeable.)

Thank you for all your hard work and hopefully we'll see the end to the GB in the near future!

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
Thanks for the indepth update ninjadoc! I think you, Photoelectric, and any others involved huge been doing a great job with this GB. Let's not forget how the Mira almost became a dead project but miraculously was revived 🙂. Also I'm all for the updated logo, and don't really mind the very insignificant dimension change (although thinner does seem to be more aesthetically pleasing but 1 mm per side is barely noticeable.)

Thank you for all your hard work and hopefully we'll see the end to the GB in the near future!

MIRAculous indeed.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
Honestly I'm a big fan of the logo and wish it was more prominent. If not the name wish the stars were a little larger.
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 May 2017, 08:15:46 by breusch91 »

Offline I_need_a_bath

Honestly I'm a big fan of the logo and wish it was more prominent. If not the name wish the planets were a little larger.

Calls the Mira binary star system planets  :(

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
Honestly I'm a big fan of the logo and wish it was more prominent. If not the name wish the planets were a little larger.

For shame.

Offline Rayoui

I like the new logo  :thumb:
Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline breusch91

• * Maker

For shame.

What are you guys talking about I never said planets...

Sorry :) haha typed that up quick before bed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dbucklin

Yes, big thanks to ninjadoc, Photoelectric, and others who have contributed to this GB. It can't be easy and many, if not all of us, appreciate your effort.

Offline LDobler

Can't wait to receive mine! :D

Offline ninjadoc

For what it's worth, I like the logo tweak.

Will the weight on the back also be revised to reflect the new proportions?

Yes it was

Offline ihalatch

I'm selling a spot with number 43: WK, blue top and bottom, SS plate and weight and additional black plate. PM if interested. Cheers.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
I liked O'Mira. Made it seem like it was the world's first Irish custom keyboard. Celctic custom. Custom.

Offline ninjadoc

I liked O'Mira. Made it seem like it was the world's first Irish custom keyboard. Celctic custom. Custom.

You won't notice a difference that will bother you.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator

He's not participating in the GB  ;)  (But I think that was a joke anyway!)
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder

He's not participating in the GB  ;)  (But I think that was a joke anyway!)

Correct. (Correct.)

Offline SixtyLife

just saw the OP update. wondering if people still can't see this bezel difference:

really happy MIRA is returning to smaller bezels. thanks Ninjadoc.
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
just saw the OP update. wondering if people still can't see this bezel difference:
Show Image

I do notice it here now. But you also need to keep in mind comparing these two pictures is deceptive and makes the difference look larger then it actually would be. The one on the left is taken from a left angle which can deceive the eye and show the right side of the bezel as much smaller when comparing it to a front on view, especially a front view that seems to be taken from closer up then the other one, which also makes it look bigger. So while I can now notice it, i'd still wager theres barely any difference.

Offline SixtyLife

Show Image

I do notice it here now. But you also need to keep in mind comparing these two pictures is deceptive and makes the difference look larger then it actually would be. The one on the left is taken from a left angle which can deceive the eye and show the right side of the bezel as much smaller when comparing it to a front on view, especially a front view that seems to be taken from closer up then the other one, which also makes it look bigger. So while I can now notice it, i'd still wager theres barely any difference.

is this deceptive too?
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
Show Image

is this deceptive too?
Show Image

You're still comparing a close up to a shot taken further back. Look it does look larger, I'm just saying the difference wouldn't be as noticable if you compared similar pictures. Are you going to notice a 1mm difference? yea, but not as much as these photos are making you think.

Offline flopix

• Laur
Here's my attempt to overlay the older pic from @photoelectric and the latest pic:

168818-0

Frankly I liked the thinner bezels, but if tehre's no other way...

Offline ninjadoc

Here's my attempt to overlay the older pic from @photoelectric and the latest pic:

(Attachment Link)

EVE, the one manufacturing the Mira,didn't care for the wide body design and I agreed so we've returned to the the prototype everyone's seen and made slight
adjustment to the inner dimensions to improve the TX87 fit. The NERD, B-fake, and Leeku's alps PCB's will also fit.

From the update post - which is the second post in the thread.

THIN bezels!
The wide body Mira only exists as a prototype and will not be produced at this time.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic

(Attachment Link)

EVE, the one manufacturing the Mira,didn't care for the wide body design and I agreed so we've returned to the the prototype everyone's seen and made slight
adjustment to the inner dimensions to improve the TX87 fit. The NERD, B-fake, and Leeku's alps PCB's will also fit.

From the update post - which is the second post in the thread.

THIN bezels!
The wide body Mira only exists as a prototype and will not be produced at this time.

thanks for the update, ninja. i'm happy you found a compromise that still accommodates all those pcbs

Offline flopix

• Laur
Thank you indeed! :)

Offline E3E

The thin bezel is definitely more elegant on the Mira. I feel like thick bezels were more of a trend a few years back. They look good on those boards, but the Mira's sleek design doesn't really work with it well.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
The thick bezel was never going to be a thing for this keyboard.  The prototype thick bezel was a mistake for that specific prototype unit.  The relevant portion of that prototype is the updated logo.

Offline pr0ximity

Still hunting for a silver, blue, or grey WKL spot :)
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline E3E

O'Mira <3

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline SpareWalrus

That is what I want to know - the feeling about the logo - so please comment away.
Hey ninjadoc, any word on how long production will be pushed back?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'll get an idea in the next day or so and let everyone know

Hey Ninja, did you ever get an update on the revised timeline?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
That is what I want to know - the feeling about the logo - so please comment away.
Hey ninjadoc, any word on how long production will be pushed back?

I'll get an idea in the next day or so and let everyone know

Hey Ninja, did you ever get an update on the revised timeline?

I've inquired about this, and it's being verified with the manufacturer at the moment.  Hopefully will get that information shortly.

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
Still so excited for this board, so I see that b fake is a compatible board does that mean hojins winkeyless b87 boards fit as well?

Offline I_need_a_bath

Unfortunately my car was hit in a hit and run and my insurance company is making me pay the deductible to get it fixed so I'm looking to give my spot to someone else. My spot is #40 on the sheet (Gray WK top, gray bottom, silver plate, steel weight). PM me if you want it and we'll sort it out with Ninja.

Offline eyedrop

Sorry to hear that. Hope you will get everything sorted out.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Unfortunately my car was hit in a hit and run and my insurance company is making me pay the deductible to get it fixed so I'm looking to give my spot to someone else. My spot is #40 on the sheet (Gray WK top, gray bottom, silver plate, steel weight). PM me if you want it and we'll sort it out with Ninja.

Very sorry about your troubles, hope you're okay yourself.

Offline I_need_a_bath

Very sorry about your troubles, hope you're okay yourself.

I'm alright thankfully, it could have been a lot worse.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
hey everyone, looking to see if anyone wants to take over my order. The Moon keyboard is much more my style and has colors closer to the ones i'm looking for. I wish I could get both these boards but I just don't have the money for it.  Please pm me so we can arrange this with ninjadoc.  My order details:

Limited Edition # 29
Layout: WK
Top: Gray
Bottom: Gray
Plate : Gray + Extra Black plate
Weight: Brass + Extra Steel weight

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
hey everyone, looking to see if anyone wants to take over my order. The Moon keyboard is much more my style and has colors closer to the ones i'm looking for. I wish I could get both these boards but I just don't have the money for it.  Please pm me so we can arrange this with ninjadoc.  My order details:

Limited Edition # 29

Damn I really just want the number and not the slot haha. If you could transfer just the plate I would be interested.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker

Limited Edition # 29

Damn I really just want the number and not the slot haha. If you could transfer just the plate I would be interested.

Haha it is a solid number, actually the designer of "the moon" keyboards original number for this, I like it because it's how many years after NASAs creation that they finally landed on the moon

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread

Limited Edition # 29

Haha it is a solid number, actually the designer of "the moon" keyboards original number for this, I like it because it's how many years after NASAs creation that they finally landed on the moon

Well maybe we can get photoE to transfer me the number and extra plate.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker

Limited Edition # 29

Well maybe we can get photoE to transfer me the number and extra plate.

Sorry don't think it's possible, and I'm looking to transfer the entire order either way not just a couple pieces.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
I can take the whole order, probably. I'll PM you.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline megaforce

Has production been queued up for or nah?

Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline iArson

Anyone have any thoughts on the lunar Grey with SA camping? Trying to figure out what to have ready when it comes!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Sissy

Anyone have any thoughts on the lunar Grey with SA camping? Trying to figure out what to have ready when it comes!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Not a fan of SA Camping, not saying it wont look good but not the colors for me.
Sky Dolch is most likely gonna be the first set I try out on mine but I'm in quite a few buys right now so lots to Experiment with.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
If you're not used to the angle some of these alu boards come at, SA is a KILLER. Big part of why I don't like it.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline pr0ximity

If you're not used to the angle some of these alu boards come at, SA is a KILLER. Big part of why I don't like it.

Mira is an 8 degree board, which is basically the most shallow angle found in angled customs. Shouldn't be bad I wouldn't think.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline kawasaki161

Mira is an 8 degree board, which is basically the most shallow angle found in angled customs. Shouldn't be bad I wouldn't think.

Duck Black Bird is 7 degrees. The new Alu Clueboard is 4.5 degrees  :p

I personally think the base height (lowest row to table) of the board also makes a huge difference. SA was almost unusable for me on my TX87 because even the lowest row was pretty high, worked a lot better on boards that have a similar angle but were lower overall it worked so much better.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder

Mira is pretty tall, though. Also, consider that a more "basic" mech like a Filco or realforce is at an ever flatter angle.

Offline ninjadoc

production expected to begin Thursday - I will verify expected shipment with EVE before I release any information on that. @nd post in the OP has a few more details.

Offline Rayoui

Getting excited! I can't wait to get my hands on this board   :D
Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S