Author Topic: Ordering from WASD keyboards  (Read 1971 times)

Offline cisys

Ordering from WASD keyboards
« on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 19:56:37 »
So i recently got a filco majestouch 2 and im loving every second im typing on it :D but thought of getting keycaps for just my WASD keys from WASD keyboards , wanna get 4 different colours for each key so here's my question , how to i choose the letters i want on the keycaps from WASD keyboards if im just ordering individual keycaps ?

THANKS!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: Ordering from WASD keyboards
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 20:06:12 »
If you're looking for a whole set, go into their custom keyboard maker and start using it to set up the caps how you wish. You will have an option to not buy the board, but only the caps.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 20:09:16 »
And since this is your first post, welcome to Geekhack!   :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline cisys

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 20:12:04 »
Thanks! But currently only looking to buy keycaps for just my WASD keys as i dont really wanna spend a whole lot of money in a week :P

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 20:16:42 »
Aw, well them go into the individual custom keys. For the W, you'll want R3, and for the ASD, you'll want R2. There is a place to add the Text, which is what you want it to say. There are many options for how you want to align the text, as well as font for it. I will warn you, this will be a bit expensive though. If you're just looking for different WASD cluster, there are other options. Look at elitekeyboards.com or qwerkeys.co.uk. They have some with may come out cheaper for you, though they probably won't be the same height (not sure about qwerkeys...).

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 20:18:45 »
So I just noticed they actually have this already set up. http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/wasd-cherry-mx-keycap-set.html

Fairly easy. If you need more help with this, let me know.

Offline cisys

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 20:23:57 »
ahhhhh , see what i did wrong , i clicked on individual blank keycaps that why i could not choose the lettering , guess i cant get 4 individual keycaps of different colours from WASD keyboards then , unless i try to shoot them an email and see if they would do it :P

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 20:33:21 »
No, you can. In the individual custom cap, here. Click the drop down for keycap type, pick R3 1x1, pick your color and laser method, and then in text 1 box, type W. Follow all of the other options below then click add to cart. You'll noticed there is a second set of options for a second legend on the cap. This isn't necessary. Then, go back, and do the same thing for the next cap. You'll have to do this each time for each cap. For the A, S, and D, you'll need to pick R2 1x1.

Offline cisys

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 20:39:34 »
Haha didnt see that at all :P , Thanks for your help ! and thanks for the quick replys!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 20:41:03 »
No problem. Glad I could help. If you need any more help, I might see this thread, or you can PM me. Good luck!