Author Topic: Custom Mac Key Caps from WASD Keyboards  (Read 65784 times)

Offline xrayos

Re: Custom Mac Key Caps from WASD Keyboards
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 10:47:39 »
thank you for the layout file. Going to order some keycaps with your layout. Did you use the darker gray for your modifiers?

Now I need to figure out which keyboard I'm going to keep. I currently have a Filco 104 red. I wished, I had a brown or blue to type with just to test all the keys out.  Not really sure I need the number pad, though. My current setup is a the apple bluetooth keyboard and trackpad attached together. Now, I have to find something to keep the filco and trackpad together.

Offline mer

• Purple Ghost Software, Inc.
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 11:18:19 »
thank you for the layout file. Going to order some keycaps with your layout. Did you use the darker gray for your modifiers?

Now I need to figure out which keyboard I'm going to keep. I currently have a Filco 104 red. I wished, I had a brown or blue to type with just to test all the keys out.  Not really sure I need the number pad, though. My current setup is a the apple bluetooth keyboard and trackpad attached together. Now, I have to find something to keep the filco and trackpad together.

Yes, I used white and the dark grey for my keycaps.

I have the green switches and love them. I can't imagine using something lighter (such as blues) as I think they'd simply be too light for me. I'm a touch-typist and programmer so I hate it if I get accidental key presses.

I have an Apple track pad as well but I don't use it very much (usually only when I do stuff in Inkscape). I have a track ball next to the keyboard with the track pad next to that. Having a full-size keyboard for me would cause both the track ball and track pad to be too far away from the main typing area of the keyboard and I'd have to reach too far to use the track ball and track pad.
WASD V2 87-Key MX Greens
Profile pic is "Geek Hack" in Gallifreyan

Offline lovmac

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 18:28:00 »
New to this site. registered just to say thanks for sharing your layout file. I just received my WASD keycap set based on it and could not be happier. Would also be interested in the layout you are using in your granite mockup above if you plan on sharing that.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 21:33:37 »
New to this site. registered just to say thanks for sharing your layout file. I just received my WASD keycap set based on it and could not be happier. Would also be interested in the layout you are using in your granite mockup above if you plan on sharing that.

Welcome to Geekhack!

Where's the picture? :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mer

• Purple Ghost Software, Inc.
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 09:26:21 »

Hey, no problem. I've attached the my "granite" mono-legend design. Again, I haven't actually had any keycaps made from this yet. If you do, please post pics of the results!
WASD V2 87-Key MX Greens
Profile pic is "Geek Hack" in Gallifreyan

Offline lovmac

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 12:05:15 »

Welcome to Geekhack!

Where's the picture? :p

96643-0

Hey, no problem. I've attached the my "granite" mono-legend design. Again, I haven't actually had any keycaps made from this yet. If you do, please post pics of the results!

Will do, thanks very much!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 17:08:20 »
Very nice and clean layout! :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline xrayos

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 21:00:44 »
did you have any issues fitting the wasd keycaps to the stabilizers on the larger keys?