Author Topic: FaceW SPRiT Edition - Sort of Dead  (Read 1178 times)

Offline briannnn

FaceW SPRiT Edition - Sort of Dead
« on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 04:47:52 »
Was wondering if there was any info on this issue I had with my FaceW SPRiT Edition I got from mk.com a while back.  I've been using it for about a month or so, and one day for no apparent reason when I turned on my computer (just as I had every day before that for as long as I was using the board) there was the little "hardware disconnect" noise and the FaceW was no longer working, no longer recognized by the PC at all.  The only thing that happens when I plug the board in is the capslock light flashes quickly, and then nothing. 

I tried holding Q while plugging it in to put it into boot mode to reflash, and when I plug it in with Q held the capslock light flashes and I think it connects in boot mode, but reflashing firmware doesn't fix the problem, nothing seems to change when I re-plug the board. 

Any info on this would be very greatly appreciated as this was my favorite board at the moment.  Thanks!

***Edit:  I know this is a super old and dead post, but in case anyone else ever comes across an issue like this and is reading this, I dug up the PCB recently and was able to flash a QMK hex onto it with HIDBootFlash.  It seemed to fix it completely.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 July 2018, 07:18:01 by briannnn »