geekhack Community > Ergonomics

Kinesis Contoured Keyboard

<< < (2/6) > >>

unicomp:
Rather strangely I am now having some problems with the board. It seems that some of the left hand keys are triggering multiple presses in a somewhat sporadic manner (although the superfluous key triggers seem to be consistent given the initial key pressed). I have opened the board up and taken out any rubbish inside, however it was rather clean and I would doubt that this could be the source of such an issue. The only other nice possibility is that the PS/2-USB adapter is malfunctioning.

Is this a common error? I am assuming that this board is rather old, however I have no real experience with this sort of thing.

unicomp:
I have no PS/2 port; I am currently using a second adapter that I have; I hope that this continues to work.

unicomp:
I type this with some trepidation, however it does seem that the change of adapter has made the functionality fine. All I now have to do is to stop typing "b" for "v" and "n" for "m" (I will have to wait a few weeks until I can use my Cherry blue board and become painfully aware that I dislike the switches on this board). The typing position is good, particularly the rather sensible use of the thumbs.

unicomp:
I was using the one that was unexpectedly received with the board, however now my Model M does not have an adapter, however I am less likely to use it.

Infinite north:
There is a test to see how good your usb dongle is. all you have to do is hold both shift keys and type "the quick brown fox jumped over a lazy dog".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version