geekhack Community > Ergonomics

Foot Keyboard and mouse

<< < (2/4) > >>

lowpoly:

--- Quote from: itlnstln;17998 ---BTW, is it just me, or does the lady in the link have some fairly toned triceps?
--- End quote ---

Looks like it. She has to stabilize herself with her arms because she can't use her feet for that. She is fake typing and clinging to the desk instead.

Therac-25:
So, if you have problems with RSI in your hands, you can then develop RSI in your legs?

Honestly, I wish eye tracking software would get to the point were you could just use your eyes as the cursor.

itlnstln:

--- Quote from: Therac-25;18011 ---So, if you have problems with RSI in your hands, you can then develop RSI in your legs?

Honestly, I wish eye tracking software would get to the point were you could just use your eyes as the cursor.
--- End quote ---

It's either RSI with tradtional mice, or "foot-and-mouse" disease with this one.

*rimshot*

wellington1869:
what might be useful is a footboard for the modifiers (alt, control, shift, win, plus maybe backspace). That way you keep your fingers on home row even more of the time.  And exercise your legs a bit.
lowpoly, want to rig one of those up? :)

if there's room for more buttons (and if it makes ergonomic sense), then also foot pedals for controlling the music player (play/pause, for/back, volume/mute, and skype answer).

Wire in an ac adapter down there as part of the footboard, and you have foot-controlled switches to turn on/off your speakers and printer.

lowpoly:
There are midi pedals for organs:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version